***LUCID DREAMING***

I've had a few dreams where I became aware that I was dreaming... but I didn't like it. Instead of doing whatever I wanted in the dream I got scaredbecause I couldn't wake myself up... it was like I was trapped in the dream. One time about a year ago my GF woke me up when this happened because sheheard me moaning and felt me moving around in bed (because I was screaming in my dream to wake myself up). Not fun so I actually hope it never happens again.
laugh.gif

Thanks CirusBlack. I have found that my lucid dreams always happen after waking up once and falling back asleep. I think I'll try that online timer.

And it's crazy how much this thread has brought back some of my dreams from a long time ago. I remember vividly dreams I had when i was 8/9 years old. Ourpineal glands are amazing.

OK I need to type this here so I don't forget the details when I'm back at home later. I was in the computer lab at Hunter college sleeping on my leftarm. I had read this thread before and *********when I woke up, I told myself not to move and that I will have a lucid dream when I fall back asleep. I fallback asleep and a little bit later, I feel a weird floating sensation I sometimes experience at home when I'm sleeping, and suddenly I actually feel myselfbeing pulled from my body and I'm being lifted straight up in the air really really fast, I can tell because the wind was really heavy as if I was on avertical rollercoaster. I actually start screaming because I had never experienced this before and was too shocked that it was actually happening and my"spirit self" i guess falls back into my physical body.

At this point I wake up and I can see what I would normally be seeing had I just woken up (pic will be added later), and my whole body just feels paralyzed andI can't move. Keep in mind during the "Astral projection and sleep paralysis" part I was aware of what I was going through and what the termswere.*****************

As you can see up there I put a some text in between asterisks. This was because I wasn't even sure if I had dreamt all that or it was actually real. Idefinitely felt real though, everything about it. This next part, however is when I was definitely dreaming; maybe I feel back asleep while I was in sleepparalysis?

So now, I finally overcome the sleep paralysis and jump up saying Holy !%+% did that really just happen and I go to this girl who was sitting behind me. Itwent something like this.

"Yo I know you probably arent gonna believe this but i need to tell someone"

"Ok"

"So i was sleeping before right"

"*laughs* yeah i noticed"

I start telling her about what just happened to me and she's listening but distracted at the same time, checking some kind of forum on the internet (itwasn't NikeTalk). While I'm talking I say just like that thread you can find on Niketalk and suddenly I see the screen on her computer change fromwhatever forum to NikeTalk. (that's how i know at this point i was only dreaming about telling someone) Pretty anticlimactic, but after that I woke up.

I swear what I typed here is all true, and if anyone one NT can help me determine if what I went through was really real please let me know. It felt so surrealbut real at the same time.

I am a lucid dreamer. I do this a lot and it is pretty frequent when it comes to my dreams. I control what happens and can stop them if I want, or I fall backto sleep to finish them. If something in the dream is going the way I do not like or the way it is unfolding, I can control it and change it. Sometimes I fightmyself in my dreams and panic telling myself it is just a dream and this is not real. So I know I am dreaming and I am the master of my own dreams.

I remember being in a haunted mansion trying to get out. Every door I went to was a dead end until I figured it all out. I use to have these dreams often acouple years ago.

I'm pretty sure there's a few more dreams that I was fully in control I just don't remember at the moment. Sleep paralysis I use to get often toolike at least once or twice a week, in fact had one last week.

Originally Posted by CirusBlack

What I found to be the most EFFECTIVE method of inducing sleep paralysis, lucid dreams, OBEs, or Astral Travel is to use a timer that beeps at timed intervals. The the way the lucid dream timer method works is you set a timer to wake you around 4-5 hrs after sleeping. You set the timer to beep every few minutes so that you wake up, fall asleep, wake up, fall asleep over and over again. This works for me 9 out of 10 times and I had a OBE the first time I tried it. Really.

This causes you to hover more and more closely on the awake asleep threshold so that eventually your mind is above the thresold and your body is below it. This cause you to enter "mind awake/body asleep" or waking sleep paralysis. If you wake up and fall asleep 4-5 times in an hr without moving you will experience spontaneous sleep paralysis and OBE vibrations.

For those of you that have a computer in your room, there is a flash timer available online @ http://www.saltcube.com/timer-debug.html that you can use in your browser (preferably IE or Firefox), or you can just simply download the timer.zip file to your computer. Make sure to use the Load Rhythm Nap 4 interval setup.

While it's ideal to stay up 45 min before going back to bed and starting the timer, I know some people don't have the patience to wait around. You can change the first interval to 300 minutes (5 hrs), and start it before you go to bed. Set the volume loud and keep the speakers close by for the certainty that your brain will wake once it hears the sound. Also, make sure you don't move when the intervals start or you will ruin your chances.

For those of you that don't have a computer close by..there's a free application you can download to your cellphone called LoreWeaver.(www.LoreWeaver.com). No movement is needed to turn it off, as it also has automated intervals.

MP3 Timer for Iphone- http://www.practiphone.com/

Having problems exiting your body while in sleep paralysis? Check this guy's videos out on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/LucidDreamTricks. Very knowledgeable on the subject.

What I found that worked for me was imagine rolling over out of bed or floating. It's kind of strange cause I sense my perception to be shifted outside of my physical body after it's intitial onset, even though I had no vision. Usually it takes me about 15 secs after I exit my body to pry my eyes open.
I encourage everyone to try this, consciousness has it's wonders.
smile.gif

Excellent!
pimp.gif

4x6191990,
Check this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_awakening

I've had that happened many times before. Thinking I'm obe'ing and I wake up in my dream all happy. Then realize I'm still dreaming.
laugh.gif

You might have had a "partial" OBE. Meaning you weren't fully lucid. Any dream is "technically an obe"... you just aren't fullyaware. Awareness is the key to both lucid dreaming and OBE. IMO, a lucid dream is basically an OBE, but you are keeping your consciousness in your dreamworld.

Also... everyone goes out of their body every time they sleep. You just aren't aware. The astral body usually floats just above your physical body...

Wikipedia has a decent article: http://en.wikipedia.org/w...ence#During.2Fnear_sleep

But if you want some more info... read about big names in the field like Robert Monroe, Robert Bruce, etc...

Originally Posted by its stanley

I once drowned myself in a dream because I wanted to wake up early for Saturday morning cartoons.
And I once stabbed myself to wake up because I was having a nightmare.

Those were the only two times that I remember being in control.
laugh.gif
when I was younger, I remember a dream where I literallywent to lay down on the floor and touch my eye and told myself to leave this world.
laugh.gif
weird experience since I did wake up with my hand on my eye...

Originally Posted by dosky323

Happens all the time. Most recent one was real weird, I was boinking some asian chick in the snow and after I jizzed the ice cracked and I fell into some ice water. lol
laugh.gif
sick.gif
wet dream?

Originally Posted by Japan2Korea

i have a lucid dream everytime i dream. i fully control my movements in my dream and can completely change the dream at times. i didnt think it was that special but i guess it is

same here

yo this isnt normal?

i do this more than 3 times a week...

ive grabbed so many butts and boobs its ridiculous

sometimes when its a scary one...i force myself to wake up lol

I have had dreams that I have realized that I am dreaming, but I can't recall being able to take control and do whatever the hell I wanted, that would betoo ill.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

yo this isnt normal?

i do this more than 3 times a week...

ive grabbed so many butts and boobs its ridiculous

sometimes when its a scary one...i force myself to wake up lol
So that was you?????
laugh.gif

I control ALL of my dreams. Sometimes I have random untouchable dreams, but they come across as "visions" more than anything else.
During the day I have what I call "snippets", like 10-15 second scenes that actually come to fruition within a month or so.
When that scene or experience actually occurs in real life, it get that De Ja Vu feelin and actually remember "seeing" it prior.
Yes Im weird..
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by MOEree5e

about 60% of my dreams are Lucid.........................the weird part is i can remind myself in my dream that it is a dream
eek.gif

directing your own dreams = unconscious conscious entertainment
pimp.gif

EDIT: btw.......has anyone ever woke up from a dream for a few minutes and went back to the same dream once you fell asleep?!?
nerd.gif
all of the time. this is what fascinates me about lucid dreaming. in my dreams (early stages of sleep and later in my deeper sleep) i seem to beable to control what goes on. i was never sure what this experience was. and i have been able to do this since i was a young child. usually when im going tosleep at night, i put myself into a zone of deep thoughts, whether imagination driven or just thinking back on my day, and later when i was in my deeper stagesof sleep, i would come back to my thoughts i had earieler that night and dream about them, only now i am in even more control than i was before becauseobviously, when you dream your imagination runs wild and you think about some things even deeper than you do when you are awake.

i've always found this strange and cool as a child, but never knew what it was. and the craziest part about it is, i can control every word i say, andevery THOUGHT i have in my dream. have you guys ever had a THOUGHT in your dream? like, you are dreaming about yourself... THINKING. its like a separate layerof thoughts in your dream that are completely outside of the dream. its like, thinking while thinking (im sorry, this is the best way i can describe it). itsstrange, yet amazing to me.

and to make it even more cool, as a child, i would wake up in the nights, look around for a split second, fall back asleep, and be back in the dream rightwhere i left off. and to double that, i could even wake up in the morning, go through my day, go to bed the next night, and be RIGHT BACK in my dream from thenight before, right where it left off.

i tried to explain it to myself growing up, like "what if i have a memory card slot in my head?" and every night, i'd just load the memory cardlike my brain was a playstation or something, but i never knew what it was.

and i can still do all of it to this day, weird...

i hope any of what i said makes sense
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by MOEree5e

about 60% of my dreams are Lucid.........................the weird part is i can remind myself in my dream that it is a dream
eek.gif

directing your own dreams = unconscious conscious entertainment
pimp.gif

EDIT: btw.......has anyone ever woke up from a dream for a few minutes and went back to the same dream once you fell asleep?!?
nerd.gif
all of the time. this is what fascinates me about lucid dreaming. in my dreams (early stages of sleep and later in my deeper sleep) i seem to be able to control what goes on. i was never sure what this experience was. and i have been able to do this since i was a young child. usually when im going to sleep at night, i put myself into a zone of deep thoughts, whether imagination driven or just thinking back on my day, and later when i was in my deeper stages of sleep, i would come back to my thoughts i had earieler that night and dream about them, only now i am in even more control than i was before because obviously, when you dream your imagination runs wild and you think about some things even deeper than you do when you are awake.

i've always found this strange and cool as a child, but never knew what it was. and the craziest part about it is, i can control every word i say, and every THOUGHT i have in my dream. have you guys ever had a THOUGHT in your dream? like, you are dreaming about yourself... THINKING. its like a separate layer of thoughts in your dream that are completely outside of the dream. its like, thinking while thinking (im sorry, this is the best way i can describe it). its strange, yet amazing to me.

and to make it even more cool, as a child, i would wake up in the nights, look around for a split second, fall back asleep, and be back in the dream right where i left off. and to double that, i could even wake up in the morning, go through my day, go to bed the next night, and be RIGHT BACK in my dream from the night before, right where it left off.

i tried to explain it to myself growing up, like "what if i have a memory card slot in my head?" and every night, i'd just load the memory card like my brain was a playstation or something, but i never knew what it was.

and i can still do all of it to this day, weird...

i hope any of what i said makes sense
ohwell.gif
Yes, I have had thoughts in my dreams. Its liek I'm within myself and experience all of my thoughts/actions and even intentions as if theywere real.

Back
Top Bottom