Lunargrand

Just the leather in general and construction of the shoe. The previous pictures made them look super high quality. I still think the best quality Lunargrands were the first editions including the Black/White Fragment. The saddles in general crease pretty bad so if you do have the fragment lunargrand saddles, then I feel your pain. Both my saddles do the same (pink/grey & orange/tan) and I decided not to get the black/white saddles for that reason.

Agree with you on the suede in general; the suede on the Spring 2013 releases is really nice.
hmm... so the leather ain't supple?

As seen above and below are some of my collection. It is my belief that because Nike no longer has their foot in the game so to speak the greed factor isn't as high. Therefore, the shoes cost a little less. I also heard rumors, so I could be wrong and do not quote me, that the new owner is trying to sell all of the stock of Nike products that was already made, in storage, and being made so they can make room for their own newly designed shoes. As far as quality is concerned. I have a couple of the OG leathers from the first release at SOHO when they still had the laser etched cole Haan logo on the aglets (shoe lace tips) and the leather does seem to be a little more supple and smoother. I also have a 3M/waterproof pair. The toe box in the most recent black on black pair that I got seems to be a little roomier. They are a little stiff but I am sure they'll break in nice. As far as the creasing goes, whenever you own a nice pair of shoes you should always invest in a good cedar shoe tree as seen in my pics. It keeps them smelling nice, maintains their shape, and can prevent creasing for years. 

I should also mention that I love them all and I was ecstatic when I found out how inexpensive they were. I do not own 1 suede pair as I am not that in to suede. However, I wanted the Kudu Longwings but could not find them. I am considering getting the fatigues. I hope that Cole haan continues to release some general releases that are not over the top color combos and only suede like they have been doing over the past year or so.

I should also mention that I love them all and I was ecstatic when I found out how inexpensive they were. I do not own 1 suede pair as I am not that in to suede. However, I wanted the Kudu Longwings but could not find them. I am considering getting the fatigues. I hope that Cole haan continues to release some general releases that are not over the top color combos and only suede like they have been doing over the past year or so.
So, are these newly recent LunarGrands are not made by nike anymore? That is why the price is low?

As seen above and below are some of my collection. It is my belief that because Nike no longer has their foot in the game so to speak the greed factor isn't as high. Therefore, the shoes cost a little less. I also heard rumors, so I could be wrong and do not quote me, that the new owner is trying to sell all of the stock of Nike products that was already made, in storage, and being made so they can make room for their own newly designed shoes. As far as quality is concerned. I have a couple of the OG leathers from the first release at SOHO when they still had the laser etched cole Haan logo on the aglets (shoe lace tips) and the leather does seem to be a little more supple and smoother. I also have a 3M/waterproof pair. The toe box in the most recent black on black pair that I got seems to be a little roomier. They are a little stiff but I am sure they'll break in nice. As far as the creasing goes, whenever you own a nice pair of shoes you should always invest in a good cedar shoe tree as seen in my pics. It keeps them smelling nice, maintains their shape, and can prevent creasing for years. 
Also, in your opinion. What color(s) would you only get from the newly released LunarGrands?

No they ARE made by Nike. Nike is just not the owner of the cole haan any more. Although I imagine they do still get a piece of the sale since their technology is being used. I have heard too many rumors about the terms of the sale/acquisition of cole haan to talk about. I do not think that they will keep making luanrgrands for more than 2 years. The shoes that are now being released may have been in the works for over a year now and they probably have others that will eventually be released. Nike is known for keeping shoes in storage only to be released up to a year after they were made. I really liked the look of the Burgandy but I can not tell how the sole looks. If it is too pink than I am not interested. The brown on black has a nice look in 1 of the pics but looks so so in another pic. I am a little more on the conservative side and do not like the overly flashy looks of the bright colors except for the 3M flashy ones although the bottom of the sole is bright pink. I think the black on black is the best. Although they do have a plasticy look right out of the box but once you feel them and wear them around a little bit that goes away. I hope that helps.

No they ARE made by Nike. Nike is just not the owner of the cole haan any more. Although I imagine they do still get a piece of the sale since their technology is being used. I have heard too many rumors about the terms of the sale/acquisition of cole haan to talk about. I do not think that they will keep making luanrgrands for more than 2 years. The shoes that are now being released may have been in the works for over a year now and they probably have others that will eventually be released. Nike is known for keeping shoes in storage only to be released up to a year after they were made. I really liked the look of the Burgandy but I can not tell how the sole looks. If it is too pink than I am not interested. The brown on black has a nice look in 1 of the pics but looks so so in another pic. I am a little more on the conservative side and do not like the overly flashy looks of the bright colors except for the 3M flashy ones although the bottom of the sole is bright pink. I think the black on black is the best. Although they do have a plasticy look right out of the box but once you feel them and wear them around a little bit that goes away. I hope that helps.
That does help. Thanks! I'm the same as you, I do not like flashy shoes. That is why I only got the black on black ones. I was thinking of getting the burgundy one, but I already have a Great Jones Wingtip seedling and the new burgundy lunargrands doesn't seem to be nicer than the Great Jones Wingtip that I have.

Took a few pics while in the office; luckily I wore my 1 year old Blue Suedes to do a quick comparison. The leather on the Burgundy just seems "cheap" to me. Was hoping for a more glossy finish or deeper burgundy. It's closer to beige than pink, but depends on the light.

The black/black is kinda meh. I have the black/black women's waterproof (sz 11w = 9.5m) and the leather seems on par with that. Guess that's what you get for the lower price but still $250 is not cheap by any means.

I thought it was three years for Cole Haan to continue to Nike technology. Cole Haan has the time to develop and create its own cushioning systems independent of Nike. The separation contract give Cole Haan time to ween itself off of Nike technology. The question remains whether Cole Haan will continue with a Lunargrand type shoe? Will they be remotely similar? Will they be as comfortable? I find it very hard to believe that Cole Haan would cease to make a Lunargrand type shoe. If they do exit the Lunargrand market, that leaves so much room for sketchers or someone else to dominate with a Lunargrand type shoe. OR could another company fail with a Lunargrand type shoe because the Nike relationship is what started it for most of us?

Took a few pics while in the office; luckily I wore my 1 year old Blue Suedes to do a quick comparison. The leather on the Burgundy just seems "cheap" to me. Was hoping for a more glossy finish or deeper burgundy. It's closer to beige than pink, but depends on the light.

The black/black is kinda meh. I have the black/black women's waterproof (sz 11w = 9.5m) and the leather seems on par with that. Guess that's what you get for the lower price but still $250 is not cheap by any means.

The toe on the burgundy doesnt look as "burnt" or off-colored, compared to the rest of the shoe, as in the other pictures.

Is it safe to assume that the leather longwings fit the same as the suede wingtips?
Any fellow NY NT'er care to pick me up a sz 11 in the black/black?

I can return the favor by picking up a few things at the ES for em..pm me

Last edited:
I know this has been asked before but i want a quick answer instead of doing research. How do the wingtips compare to the chukkas in terms of sizing? I usually wear a 9.5 in Nikes/Jordans and i have a 8.5 in the milkshake chukkas which fit a little tight right now but i havent broken them in yet.

FYI,

for the DTLR.com sale on lunargrands

use coupon code: 15OFF

i just ordered the Navy/Topaz, $127 and change. :smokin:smokin
had a hard time deciding between the "charcoal/volt" vs. "navy topaz"

hope im satisfied.

any members here own both? and if you do, which do you guys prefer?

I know this has been asked before but i want a quick answer instead of doing research. How do the wingtips compare to the chukkas in terms of sizing? I usually wear a 9.5 in Nikes/Jordans and i have a 8.5 in the milkshake chukkas which fit a little tight right now but i havent broken them in yet.

i have the Fatigue nubuck wingtips and just received the Kudu suede chukkas
9.5 in the wingtips and 9 in chukkas

im a size 10 in sneakers: nike basketball, retros, jordans, etc

9.5 in wingtips fit just a tad loose but my feeet arent slipping out or anything. i.e: i usually wear dress socks with them, but in the 9.5 i could wear regular white socks and it'd fit pretty snug.

as for chukka in 9, they fit snug right out the box while wearing dress socks, but today is my second wear, and i can already feel them stretching out a bit.
both work for me, its just your personal preference.

hope that helps/makes sense lol GL

Heads up. Call your Cole Haan Outlets. One by me (Sawgrass) was offering 50% off on Lunargrands plus additional 10% off for Father's day sale. Thinking about copping the Volts.. 

Heads up. Call your Cole Haan Outlets. One by me (Sawgrass) was offering 50% off on Lunargrands plus additional 10% off for Father's day sale. Thinking about copping the Volts.. 

What did the final price come out to with all the discounts? What colors did they have?

When do this sale begin and end?

yall vultures can't call yourself?  can't use a calculator yourself? man..........................

/endrant

While I agree that people should call to get direct info, some cole haan outlets seem clueless at times.

So with the info above the final price should be $111 with $10 shipping. The colors that I know of are volts, sandstones, black pinks, possibly gull greys/volts. From what im hearing the new green and orange hit some outlets but that hasnt been confirmed (doubt it though).

Scattered chuckas and loafers are available too if you just call to stock locate.

Back
Top Bottom