Lunargrand

thanks for the sound advice.

I just left the outlet when they were closing and I just wanted to fulfill my curiosity before they opened in the morning

Sorry Broski, it was a bit of a douche comment.

I went to the outlet in Nebraska a few months ago while on a road trip. It's right of I-80. They had tons of very nice colors and styles with many sizes. If they do a phone order there, that would be a place to try guys.

colehaan.com get extra 40% off clearance items. use code EXTRA40. might find some lunagrands. i'm eyeballing their bags though...can't take my eyes off their marshall attache bags

Yes outlets accept phone orders, well I should say its sorta up to the location but many do allow phone orders. 

Any good deals at Woodbury :nerd:  

Sorry Broski, it was a bit of a douche comment.

I went to the outlet in Nebraska a few months ago while on a road trip. It's right of I-80. They had tons of very nice colors and styles with many sizes. If they do a phone order there, that would be a place to try guys.

thanks guys. Woodbury didn't have much. Just the standard 40-50% off their shoes. Good thing I waited tho coz the site had a flash 40% sale today

Mesh saddles are tempting at that price, but I have not seen/held them in person. Can anyone comment on the mesh? Is it quality/hold up well? Soft or stiff? Worth it?

Mesh saddles are tempting at that price, but I have not seen/held them in person. Can anyone comment on the mesh? Is it quality/hold up well? Soft or stiff? Worth it?
I cannot comment on the mesh saddles, but I picked up the pewter grey before, and the leather on those is very soft.  One of my favorite pairs.  

I cannot comment on the mesh saddles, but I picked up the pewter grey before, and the leather on those is very soft.  One of my favorite pairs.  

Thanks, but I'm asking specifically about the mesh saddles.

I have 3 leather pairs and 3 suede pairs already. I'd say the leather is good at best. Only great thing about them is the cushioning, particularly for work.

Is there a huge difference with a M and a W in lunargrands?
Came in here to ask this same question. i have wide feet and M fits me pretty well but they are a bit tight towards the front. If they are just a little wider that would be perfect

anyone?

^^ Honestly I used to rock sz 9 M lunargrands but now have gone wide and sized down another half size. Basically I wear 9.5 in everything that is TTS (i.e. Jordan 1s, AM90s,  Asics GL3s (tight)), but when I got my first lunargrand, I quickly found out that they run big so I half sized down and ended up with a 9 M. Although they fit fine with some tightness in the front, I always thought that they were a bit on the long size. I then decided to try on an 8.5 M which fit like a glove length wise, but super squished in width all over (mid section and front). I took a leap of faith and ordered an 8.5 W and never looked back.

To me, the W is noticeably wider. Meaning, if the M is squished in the mid section and front, you will hardly touch the sidewalls of the W with typical lacing, but not enough to feel like you are wearing clown shoes or something. If the M is only squished in the front, the W may be too wide for you. Overall though, it is definitely wider. I guess you could always tighten the laces more if you wanted.

Hopefully that helps.... I would honestly just put in an online order for a W shoe and give it a shot. If the fit isn't right, just return it. You may also want to visit a store to half size down on a M to see if it fits length wise and use that as a starting point. I think stores don't typically sell W models, but great for trying on an M.

^^ Honestly I used to rock sz 9 M lunargrands but now have gone wide and sized down another half size. Basically I wear 9.5 in everything that is TTS (i.e. Jordan 1s, AM90s,  Asics GL3s (tight)), but when I got my first lunargrand, I quickly found out that they run big so I half sized down and ended up with a 9 M. Although they fit fine with some tightness in the front, I always thought that they were a bit on the long size. I then decided to try on an 8.5 M which fit like a glove length wise, but super squished in width all over (mid section and front). I took a leap of faith and ordered an 8.5 W and never looked back.

To me, the W is noticeably wider. Meaning, if the M is squished in the mid section and front, you will hardly touch the sidewalls of the W with typical lacing, but not enough to feel like you are wearing clown shoes or something. If the M is only squished in the front, the W may be too wide for you. Overall though, it is definitely wider. I guess you could always tighten the laces more if you wanted.

Hopefully that helps.... I would honestly just put in an online order for a W shoe and give it a shot. If the fit isn't right, just return it. You may also want to visit a store to half size down on a M to see if it fits length wise and use that as a starting point. I think stores don't typically sell W models, but great for trying on an M.
I second this: wide i go .5 down, medium stay tts for Nikes.

never tried wides before, but half down from my normal nike size is perfect on the standard sizing for me

Anyone tried the Cole Haan Original Grands? They're basically lunar grands (same midsole) without lunar foam.

Anyone tried the Cole Haan Original Grands? They're basically lunar grands (same midsole) without lunar foam.
i tried on this pair

C13705_A.png

i could not tell a difference AT ALL.  Just had a different marking on the bottom of the sole instead of "Lunargrand" 
laugh.gif

Sounds awful!

i tried on this pair

i could not tell a difference AT ALL.  Just had a different marking on the bottom of the sole instead of "Lunargrand" 
laugh.gif
Well now I am confused... I thought by the description above that it was just a standard dress shoe.  But after browsing their website, I just don't understand the difference between the two.  

I think the difference is more legal than technical even tho grand.os is supposed to be an improvement.

Nike owns the term " lunarlon", they sold Cole Haan few yrs ago but still had a licensing deal which I assume expired. Thus Cole Haan create grand.os

https://m.colehaan.com/grand-os.html

Lunargrands have lunarlon cushioning (Nike technology), while Original Grands use grand.os cushioning (Cole Haan's proprietary cushioning). What I don't get is why they sell both at the same msrp.

They are still making new lunargrands though, including the new neoprene lunars.
Correct. You asked what was the difference was between the two; one uses Nike lunarlon and the other grand.os. 

But at the end of the day its the same product just due to the fact that Nike is no longer its parent company they've made their own for obvious reasons 

How long has the lunarlon lasted for your lunagrands? I've worn mine about 5x a week for ~ 8hrs/day for two months and I've already noticed that lunarlon is getting less effective.

I envy you guys in the US. I'm from the Philippines and Lunargrands here cost $330 and we don't have outlets.

I've purchased my Lunargrands in Amazon but the prices there can be can be astronomical compared to Cole Haan sales. To my fellow Cole Haan fans, any suggestions on where and how can I shop with discounted prices? 

Back
Top Bottom