Lupe Fiasco Appreciation, Vol. Real Hip Hop

I haven't seen this done before, but I'm almost certain that it has. I couldn't find it when I searched so I decided to make it. This thread is aspin off of the other Lupe thread that's floating around here somewhere. Upon posting in the other thread, I decided to then type "lupe fiasco"in my itunes so all of his song would come up and proceeded to play them all on shuffle. This is something I used to do all the time but hadn't done for awhile, and it was like drinking ice cold water after a crazy workout! It was such a refreshing feeling to listen to Lupe again after a while as opposed to allthe Gucci, Drake, and other artists that have been saturating the airwaves of late. Again. I'm sure this has probably been posted many times before, butwhen it's something this hot who really cares.

I leave you now with arguably one of the best tracks from Mr. 1st and 15th himself!
pimp.gif

I'm not sure if this has been done before but I'm sure it has.
*scratches head*

appreciated.

i don't think another rapper in history can compare to how much thought he puts in every bar. #%%* is mindbogglin.

laugh.gif
yea just noticed that doesn't make any sense whatsoever! Post hasbeen edited. Some more piff from Lupe though. Son straight spazzed on both of these tracks like
sick.gif

Originally Posted by King Beef

Lupe Fiasco > 99% of rappers doing it right now.
I agree 100%, dude is already a legend and he has one of the most complex metaphors in rap history.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

I agree 100%, dude is already a legend and he has one of the most complex metaphors in rap history.
pimp.gif

What makes Lupe so good is the fact that you can't compare his style to anyone. He is truly a pioneer.

Tical
smh.gif

I swear Lupe HAD to have to smashed dude's wife. On their anniversary. On their deceased child's bed. Coincidentally on that child's birthday whichwas also Christmas Eve
laugh.gif

Lupe is appreciated BTW

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Tical
smh.gif

I swear Lupe HAD to have to smashed dude's wife. On their anniversary. On their deceased child's bed. Coincidentally on that child's birthday which was also Christmas Eve
laugh.gif

Lupe is appreciated BTW
Dude was a TOOL.
nerd.gif

He would start threads with only a Lupe PS.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Tical
smh.gif

I swear Lupe HAD to have to smashed dude's wife. On their anniversary. On their deceased child's bed. Coincidentally on that child's birthday which was also Christmas Eve
laugh.gif

Lupe is appreciated BTW
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Check the avy and sig

I was listening to Lupe a lot today and his lyrics are just amazing.
You can never get enough of his music.

pimp.gif

^wow. those are big claims for a very short career. i cant say i agree with any of it.

Originally Posted by geegee

pimp.gif
^wow. those are big claims for a very short career. i cant say i agree with any of it.
legend, hell no. that feat ain't achieved until proven longevity and consistency in the game. he still has a lot left to do.

but the complex metaphors part, dude gotta be up there.

rappers don't really come by the boatload who have lines that have quadruple-entendres and #+**.

i agree will yall about how complex his rhymes are but there are others that are as much if not more complex like: Busta Rhymes, Papoose, Killa Priest, etc. heis not a legend by any means.

He needs to be more active

IMO he is better than Wayne (only cause wayne fell off after the dedication 2) but wayne has dropped more *%$% in a month that Lupe has dropped in a lifetime

he needs to put in more work

but yes i appreciate him

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

He needs to be more active

IMO he is better than Wayne (only cause wayne fell off after the dedication 2) but wayne has dropped more *%$% in a month that Lupe has dropped in a lifetime

he needs to put in more work

but yes i appreciate him
most definately. hope he doesnt go the rocker route...
ohwell.gif

Food and Liquor is a classic
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Cool was awesome
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lasers is gonna be epic
devil.gif
devil.gif

i just hope it doesn't get pushed back to next year