Macbooks

5 years and no problems, smh. My netbook is 2 years old, I don't even download that much, and it manages to crash/freeze once a day. Never again.

I've always been a PC user until my last PC died just before christmas. I decided to go with a macbook. I ended up getting the late 2011 unibody 15" macbook pro. It has a 2.2 i7 and 4gb RAM. I ordered a 8gb RAM kit off amazon for 45 bucks (Corsair). Once I got the 8 gb installed this thing absolutely zooms. I don't wait for windows to open, programs to load, etc.... I still miss PC and Windows from time to time, and have been debating whether or not I want to use Parallel or Bootcamp to have the ability to use both. But everyday that passes by I learn more and more what my mbp can do and i feel less and less likely to ever go back to PC. I don't think you can ever compare mac and PC in terms of the versatility and what you can do with Windows OS, but if your not doing anything special anyways (Im a college student) then having the stability and reliability of a mac is definitely worth it.

More than worth it.
My macbook is a 1 1/2 years old and works just like it's brand new.

My homegirl's Macbook is like 4 years old and still is faster than my $1000 Dell (
sick.gif
) was when it was a year old.

Between my old Dell laptop and my old HTC Touch Pro 2 I have NO faith in Windows operating systems 
laugh.gif

White Macbook been holding me down since summer of 2007, still going strong 
pimp.gif

Dont get a MB Air, Joints are trash. I had a white 07, that thing was a tank. Then I copped a Macbook air for stupid cheap so I got rid of the white MB (big mistake)

I got rid of the MBA and now have a 13in 2.7ghz i7 MBP that I copped for 800
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by odog24

http://www.cowboom.com/

got mine off there for 799. its a late 2011 model and i got it about a month or two ago

Good looks to you and OP, I'm taking a loan out from school for one and I wanted to get a Mac but I though maybe I can find an non Mac that was decent but I hear all these stories how some are not worth, it.

When looking for a refurbished one what should I keep my out for? Or what places would you guys say I should check out?

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Dont get a MB Air, Joints are trash. I had a white 07, that thing was a tank. Then I copped a Macbook air for stupid cheap so I got rid of the white MB (big mistake)

I got rid of the MBA and now have a 13in 2.7ghz i7 MBP that I copped for 800
pimp.gif

Did you own the mba that was released last summer? if so what kind of problems were you exoeriencing? Im thinking about making the switch to mac

Originally Posted by Zyzz

macbook are worth 100% of the price.
laugh.gif

I own one and I think that's bull. get one refurbed. bought mine brand new in 09 and only issue I've had was needing to replace the battery and the charger cords fraying.

my cousin bought one in '10 and his is pretty messed up. lags, takes forever to turn on, random other issues. it really depends on your computer competency.

I run Snow Lep, Linux Mint, Windows 7, and Vista on mine. anything I need to do I can get done.

you can build or get someone else to build you a PC of equal or greater power for less money honestly. but if you want a nice convenient package that will last you a while and not really need to be upgraded (which you can't do much of anyway) just get a mac.

^It was the mid 2009 model. It would get hot very quickly and would slow down horribly, even browsing the net was a pain.

I use snow leopard on my dell mini, I can say it has a lot more usefulness than before. My cousin has a MacBook air and it's amazing. I have an iPhone/iPad and a desktop so I don't need anything else.

I've had one for like 2.5 years now and was happy with it until my speakers stopped working and my trackpad became glitchy.

To be fair I have straight dropped it on the ground a bunch of times.

I plan to buy a new one at some point and take better care of it. It's a wonderful machine and IMO far superior to other laptops.

Macs aren't perfect but they are a good value imo. I've had a refurb'd mbp for 3.5 yrs and counting.

honestly it aint even all that its hyped up to be

my macbook is like 1500+ in stores but i got mine for free

always will prefer PC the macbook is only used mainly for business

while i like using my pc to browse the web and play games

I'd like a MacBook but can't really justify the price. My current laptop is running pretty strong after 3 years and all I really do is surf the web.

Worth it.

PC is my home/desktop computer, so that I have both styles.

Originally Posted by 4one5

I'd like a MacBook but can't really justify the price. My current laptop is running pretty strong after 3 years and all I really do is surf the web.
same here. The price is way to high for just surfing the web

Back
Top Bottom