Mad Men Season 7 Discussion Thread - Final Episodes - SERIES FINALE

:lol: @ Don. he aint even want that 3some but took it anyway cuz it was there and he just let it happen.

Also nice save the way he convinced another cig company to want him. Don aint lost it when he needs to step up.

WOW @ Ginsberg. I did not expect that. I thought they were about to go somewhere with a new storyline that he's crushing on Peggy but I should've known that computers turning everybody in to homosexuals wasn't his usual out there crazy talk. Son cut off his nipple, talking that Scientology nonsense about how it's a passage and now everything is just flowing through him instead of building up :smh: :lol:

:lol: @ Scout's Honor.

ginsberg i hate it had to be him 
mean.gif

Episode was FLAME. Just how sad he was when his niece left without seeing him resonated with every character.

That new coat she bought herself tho :smh:

I am now starting to think Don will indeed kill himself tho ):

Tossing us that baby element before the show ends :wow:

Can someone explain what went down at the end in the meeting? All I got was Don messing up a move by Avery and Cutler to get rid of him. I wonder what the other partners will have to say about it. Also, poor Ginsberg finally lost it. Sad to watch.

Don ran an ad in the newspaper a couple seasons back. The company that he slaughtered in the newspaper in that ad wants to do business with SC&P. Like it was explained earlier. The three company defining accounts for an agency are Automotive, Tobacco, and somewhat Aviation. The company wants Don fired if they are to do business with SC&P. Harry told Don about this when they got drunk. Don went in to explain his position and hopefully save his ***. But it looks like Don might be gone.

Like Harry said IDK why they wouldnt just move him to the west coast.

Last edited:
Also why was Megan mad that don wanted to talk to his "niece" so bad. She knew it was the reason he was coming down to Cali.

The way Betty takes all this **** man :smh: I am one of the most "disrespectful" (by which I mean honest and not pussywhipped) guys I know. But the 60s is too much for even me. |I

Also why was Megan mad that don wanted to talk to his "niece" so bad. She knew it was the reason he was coming down to Cali.

I

That's exactly why. She was pissed because the niece knew him more than she did. Also by having Don go for the three was a way to sway him to stay in Cali. But it failed because without hesitation he went back to NYC. After all of that she probably felt horrible about the triple and was upset that Don dropped her quickly for his job,

She isnt upset when she gets to the bank.

******* man. **** like that don't make sense to me. Of course the kid who is is stolen identity's daughter/niece would know him like that

Last edited:
Damn Ginsberg. Just went insane.

and Betty hit us with this gem, "I'm not stupid. I speak Italian."

Last edited:
I thought it was funny how Sally was snappy with Betty :lol:

She a young rebel smoking stogies and running off in the middle of the night :smokin

Sally one of my favorite characters on the show.

Betty really hasn't grown at all.

I was thinking the same thing about Betty. She been giving off some childish vibe for quite some time. Always complaining and acting like she mad at the world and ****. Maybe she going through menopause but I don't think she's that old :lol:

Always seems so unhappy with her situation (Sally acting up, Henry being a douche) like she finna off herself. It's weird that there's so many scenes with her this season, when in my opinion..she's not really a main character anymore. Feel like something big has to be brewing..... :rolleyes

after the first few really bad episodes to this season, the last 3 have been really good.

It feels like it's setting up to Don starting his own agency

Damn Ginsberg. Just went insane.

and Betty hit us with this gem, "I'm not stupid. I speak Italian."

Lol yeah that had me weak as hell, like what does that gotta do with anything.
As a housewife in the 60s knowing any other language that you're family isn't from is impressive and learning new languages does require some intelligence (granted most able bodied ppl are capable of it) and at that time women weren't considered equal to men as far as being smart goes. A female doctor wouldn't be taken seriously even by other women (peep Masters of Sex).
DON IS BACK
This keeps being said after the one G move per ep he makes but rarely lasts come the next ep :lol:

Don needs to get his bearings and form a real plan. What that guy said was right, Don thought he could just do what he usually does to win his way back in to their good graces given he does have some account man skills to bring in new clients.

Don looking in to IBM (even though he got drunk and yelled at homie)
Don with the cigareette.
mad people coming up to Don,
I can only assume he's going to either start his own agency (like others have said)
or invest in something and get dumb rich.

as far as his current wife now. (can never remember her name)
some scenes. im like yo shes so beast. then other scenes im like meh she awg.
But after last ep I dont think he's going to leave her as I originally thought.

I can't pin point when Sally became a little jerk... was it before or after the inital divorce. I like how she still got love for her lil bro though

Although I agree with what Sally said, speaking like that to my mom would've resulted in another broken body part along with the nose

Don having the threesome and interrupting the Philip Morris meeting had me like

View media item 967275
Glad to see his swagger back. :pimp:

I feel bad for Ginsberg. He's always been weird on the show, something was going to break him sooner or later.

And Sally has always had that sass with her mom. It was subtle before, but she has no filter now :lol:

Megan and her girl were on the way out to the market.

Friend: "Anything for you, Don?"
Megan: "I know what he wants"

You sure do :smokin

But she doesn't though and this episode made it very evident that she doesn't. Getting rid of Stephanie in a way she THINKS Don would have. But not knowing Don actually has compassion and loyalty for that girl. Thinking Don was going to all sweating her because of the 3-way, but he kept it pushing and focused on business instead.

Betty starting to fully realize the grass isn't greener.

Ginsberg been off for a minute, **** finally hit the fan for him.

It's fitting that Tobacco might be the resurrection of Don, grand opening grand closing.

Don looking in to IBM (even though he got drunk and yelled at homie)
Don with the cigareette.
mad people coming up to Don,
I can only assume he's going to either start his own agency (like others have said)
or invest in something and get dumb rich.

as far as his current wife now. (can never remember her name)
some scenes. im like yo shes so beast. then other scenes im like meh she awg.
But after last ep I dont think he's going to leave her as I originally thought.

I can't pin point when Sally became a little jerk... was it before or after the inital divorce. I like how she still got love for her lil bro though

When she caught her dad cheating. Before that she was only rude to betty. Then she saw her family problems were not just betty alone. Then it got even worse shortly after that in boarding school.

I was thinking the same thing about Betty. She been giving off some childish vibe for quite some time. Always complaining and acting like she mad at the world and ****. Maybe she going through menopause but I don't think she's that old :lol:

Always seems so unhappy with her situation (Sally acting up, Henry being a douche) like she finna off herself. It's weird that there's so many scenes with her this season, when in my opinion..she's not really a main character anymore. Feel like something big has to be brewing..... :rolleyes

Betty is essentially a child. I think the doctor she saw in season one said something along those lines as well. And also remember how she had to see Sally's own psychiatrist?

Let's not forget Ginsberg said he was an alien in the past and he's a concentration camp survivor.. the guy has been building to something like this.. we might just have ignored it as typical Ginsberg behavior. Maybe if they had one more episode of him worrying about the computer, but I liked the turn and him having a psychotic break like this.

I wish Don and Stephanie would have gotten to see each other... I really liked her character when we first saw her and I was surprised and happy to see her return. I always thought Don's connection to Anna was an interesting aspect of his character and how he'd drop everything and fly out to California just to see Stephanie because she was her niece.

Megan tried to give Don what she thought he wanted in that threesome, but was still unhappy when Megan called and her insecurity came back around. I was a little surprised to see Don and Megan were on a lot better terms than I expected.. made me think I missed an episode or something :lol:

Go figure Harry Crane would give Don the heads up and help him out :lol: I'm glad they've come back to tobacco and Don's letter in the newspaper. And Don's pitch was pretty much perfect.. he knows tobacco.. he knows what anti-tobacco wants to say.. and if they go with him, they'd have the upper hand because they'd get Don to apologize for them. It's a bold move but Don is also smart enough to recognize it was his only play. They'd have to get him of him to sign Phillip-Morris and they'd be stupid not to.. but Don showed his value and created a scenario where both he and big tobacco would win.. AND he'd screw over his enemies within the agency. :pimp:

Underrated moment of the episode, Peggy's Saturday night consists of some pretzels and watching TV with her upstairs kid neighbor :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom