Mad Men Season Six Thread - Episode Thirteen - Season Finale - "In Care Of"

I'm re-watching from S1 and Betty was a doll then. Everything after that she became a complete *****. Expected since she really did act and think like a child and the change all came from suspecting Don was cheating (and being told he was) with no evidence.

Yah I am going to rewatch from season 1 as well. That is the first thing that my sister pointed out to me when she introduced me to the show. That and the fact that Don is a cad.

Mad Men marathons are great. Definitely a show better in longer chunks rather than once a week.

That's a fact. I just got done with s1-s4 and I gotta better understanding of things, especially why Don married Megan. I originally thought it was a dream and just didn't get the choice. To me Faye was way better.

Looking back that triangle mirrored Roger, Joan, and Jane. They just never showed how long Roger was messing with Jane for us to get perspective. So with Don to the rest of the agency it's a surprise and seems spur of the moment. He basically got with her cuz of how she was with the kids and it making him feel comfortable as opposed to Faye being insecure about it.

I'm predicting next season, and I never attempt to make predictions about this show, that we'll see Faye again (maybe Peggy brings her back in since Don would be gone) and/or Sally's teacher from s3. I also expect Pete to remarry, I know he didn't get a divorce yet but maybe have that done in the time skip. When I look at the 3 generations of Pete, Don, and Roger they do tend to parallel each other a lot. So maybe Don knocks up another chick out of wedlock, whoever Pete marries has her own career, and with Roger in the lead maybe he becomes content with being in his son's life or maybe he acid trips more :lol:

Just finished season 6. When Don revealed he grew up at a ***** house during the hershey meeting had me like :wow:

Ok so I'm done with season 5. I now have mixed feelings about Don. Dude can be a straight **** sometimes lol but he means good for the most part. Lane and the Jaguar scene had me on the edge of the couch. Funny how that attempt turned out.

These are the only people I really dislike..... Betty ol hatin *** and Cambell. He's a lil snake. He ain't have to do Joan like that. Lost mad respect for her too but I guess back then you had to get it like that.

Overall I'm extremely happy I took you guys advice and started watching this. Easily 8/10

I'm on season 3 now and I STILL can't stand that dude Pete :lol: even the way he talks annoys me. Betty isn't that intolerable for me, he's def no skylar white that's for sure...I mean Don did treat her like crap and cheat countless times so her behavior and everything is expected imo. So far I like Don, he's extremely unfaithful but he has some pride at least. Hate Sterling and Campbell though. Peggy is cool too. That blackface had me like :wow: and smh at the same time, that made me sick. Gotta wait for my gf to get back to run through the rest of these seasons though.

I really thought this show would be boring which is why I waited so long...but I was definitely wrong, the writing is top notch and there's a lot of undertones I enjoy.

Last edited:
^ I'm sorry you have to wait to finish it. Just watch it and act surprised when you rewatch it with the mrs.

Just marathoned season 6...holy **** what a great season. I don't know where this season will land among the show but i definitely have it above 2 and 4 for now

Sooo many memorable scenes/moments I can't even gather all of it right now

-The Betty/Don reunion

-All the great pitches

-Sally catching Don

-Pretty much the entire season finale... They really blew up everything in that last episode. I have no idea what is gonna happen next and I love it. Can't wait for the last season.

**** AMC !

AMC announced today that the final season of the Lionsgate series Mad Men will be expanded to 14 episodes and equally portioned with seven episodes airing in spring of 2014 (“The Beginning”) and the final seven episodes of this iconic series (“The End of an Era”) airing in the spring of 2015.

“This approach has worked well for many programs across multiple networks, and, most recently for us with Breaking Bad which attracted nearly double the number of viewers to its second half premiere than had watched any previous episode,” said Charlie Collier, AMC president. “We are determined to bring Mad Men a similar showcase. In an era where high-end content is savored and analyzed, and catch-up time is used well to drive back to live events, we believe this is the best way to release the now 14 episodes than remain of this iconic series.

http://blogs.amctv.com/mad-men/2013/09/mad-men-serves-seven-and-seven/

I hate when tv shows split seasons into halves

Suits is done for the summer with the last episode tonight and coming back in the winter but same season :smh:

Someone make a new thread.

Season six is now up on Netfilx. Going to start rewatching up until the new season begins. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom