Madagascar Just Sealed Their Borders

U.S. Bio-Security Officials Sound Warning After Scientists Create Deadly New Strain of Bird Flu

The U.S. government is sounding the alarm after reports that Dutch scientists have created a highly-contagious and deadly airborne strain of bird flu that is potentially capable of killing millions, The Independent reported Tuesday.

The U.S. National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity is currently analyzing how much of the scientists' information should be allowed to be published—given the inherent risks of having the information fall into the hands of terrorists or rogue states.

"The fear is that if you create something this deadly and it goes into a global pandemic, the mortality and cost to the world could be massive," a senior US government adviser told The Independent.

Scientists, too, are questioning whether the science should ever have been performed in the first place.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/...gious-airborne-strain-bird-flu/#ixzz1h6w4akPN
Why would they even do this?

why they do this?

why.jpg

as much as i like to see change and growth, building things like a black hole machine and creating a new bird flu is not what i was thinking.

Wait, so if I read the article right they are going to release their findings on how they created the virus?
30t6p3b.gif

but...but why? That sounds like some mad scientist $+!%.

EDIT: I'm nobody's conspiracy theorist/tea leaf reader/ghost hunter, but I must say that a lot of troubling large-scope news stories are popping up right on time for a certain Mayan prediction...I hope I'm just too sober and overthinking this or something...

The human mind is the most dangerous weapon. If the wrong group of people get their hands on the strain, RIP to the world. I don't understand why they would create this...

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

The human mind is the most dangerous weapon. If the wrong group of people get their hands on the strain, RIP to the world. I don't understand why they would create this...

Population control?.....Just say

I thought they've been trying to do this so that they can figure out how to fight it before the strain actually evolves in the wild?

The study was carried out by a Dutch team of scientists led by Ron Fouchier of the Erasmus Medical Centre in Rotterdam, where the mutated virus is stored under lock and key, but without armed guards, in a basement building.
Sounds secure.

Originally Posted by TripleXL Vol 2

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Population control?.....Just say
They wouldn't be able to control it though. It'd be a global massacre. On that I Am Legend thing without the vamps.

I'm still waiting for SARS, Swine Flu, killer bees, the first Bird Flu, etc. to kill us all. Nothing to see here. Moving on.

I swear you people don't pay attention, its largely known as the super-flu. Somebody paid for this research, somebody got what they paid for. But what it comes down to, is taking care of yourself so that your body can bolster up its immune system. This will get out. Doesn't mean its the end of the world for you. Have confidence in yourself, your bodies cells are listening.

I swear I feel like a coo-coo clock saying the same thing every hour or so.
30t6p3b.gif

The new virus differs from H5N1—which is only known to be transmitted between humans who have very close contact with each other—because it can be transmitted through the air in coughs and sneezes.
Fouchier, who declined to answer The Independent's questions, said in a statement that it only took a small number of mutations to change the avian flu virus.
"We have discovered that this is indeed possible, and more easily than previously thought. In the laboratory, it was possible to change H5N1 into an aerosol-transmissible virus that can easily be rapidly spread through the air," he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/he...-bird-flu/#ixzz1h79axHYV

so now they want to put the info out, and even if they don't they are bragging how it can be easily done and how you can even use an aerosol can to transmit... wow might as well send the blueprint to terrorists because that is all the info but the exact step to step...

Back
Top Bottom