Magic, Jordan, Kobe and Lebron Vol. First RING numbers.

Originally Posted by Used2playKobeNowiPlayLebron

lebron winning all those games and taking the bum +*! cavs to the finals is a greater accomplishment that kobes rings

*Looks at SN* 
Spoiler [+]
Makes sense...

So Kobe was Robin according to you. And what ? It still don't take away the fact he put in work and helped Shaq/Lakers win

I never said Kobe didn't put in work, or that there was something wrong with him being Robin.  Did you read my entire post, cause if you did you would have saw this...........

"At the end of the day Shaq was Batman/big brother and Kobe was Robin/little brother.  Nothing wrong with that of course but facts are facts.

It doesn't matter who win Final MVP.

Yeah right, even you don't believe that champ.  Or at least I hope you don't believe that.  Now all of a sudden the Finals MVP award doesn't matter............you Kobe lovers are something else, and I don't mean that in a good way.

You still haven't answer my question. According to your idiotic theory. Only the Final MVP deserve the name on the ring.

When did I ever say or suggest such a thing.  Stop trying to throw a pity party for Kobe and yourself and just get over the fact that he didn't when a Finals MVP trophy during that time, it is what it is. 

Did Kobe win those championship or not ? Answer it pls

Of course he won those championships........he was on the team wasn't he.  I and others just want you dudes to acknowledge who the leader/work horse of those teams was, and it wasn't Kobe, it was Shaq.

You're from the DMV area. You didnt watch the 00-03 Laker 82 games a season plus playoff

What does me being from DC have to do with anything??  You gotta do better than that.

What Duece King was trying to do is discrediting Kobe to make it seem like he was insignificant and therefore didn't earn his 3 rings

I did no such thing.  I'm not saying Kobe was insignificant to those Lakers teams or helping them win championships.  Even a player like Fisher was significant to the Lakers when they won back then as well.  All I'm and others are saying is that Shaq was more significant than any other player on those teams, or the most significant player rather.  Kobe lovers stay trying to cop pleas for their boy, it's quite sad.

But you can't discredit Kobe. He still put up crazy number as a second option

As long as you and others know that Kobe was the second option champ, that's all we are trying to get you dudes to understand.  You'll get there soon enough though.........soon enough.

However, Shaq was clearly the man. Kobe was clearly the 2nd option

Another Kobe fan that has seen the light.  We need more like you here on the boards brotha....................if I can call you that, brotha
happy.gif

You love to label people huh?
laugh.gif
do your thing playa or should I say "champ."

My man.

When did the Michael Jordan comparisons come around for Kobe? I'm sure it was while he was playing alongside Shaq.

Probably when Kobe started to compare himself to Michael.  Far be it from Kobe to do anything on his own or be his own man without trying to be like MJ on the court.

man it's a sturggle to get through ACBboyz84's posts

dude no disrespect intended but I'm assuming english isn't your first language?

anybody referring to arguably the greatest second option of all time as just a role player obviously didnt watch the games back then. and also how is wade not on that list. his first ring numbers were amazing. its a shame how underappreciated that mans game is.

Kobe still that dude
pimp.gif

you guys can continue arguing about nothing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

So Kobe was Robin according to you. And what ? It still don't take away the fact he put in work and helped Shaq/Lakers win

I never said Kobe didn't put in work, or that there was something wrong with him being Robin.  Did you read my entire post, cause if you did you would have saw this...........

"At the end of the day Shaq was Batman/big brother and Kobe was Robin/little brother.  Nothing wrong with that of course but facts are facts.

It doesn't matter who win Final MVP.

Yeah right, even you don't believe that champ.  Or at least I hope you don't believe that.  Now all of a sudden the Finals MVP award doesn't matter............you Kobe lovers are something else, and I don't mean that in a good way.

You still haven't answer my question. According to your idiotic theory. Only the Final MVP deserve the name on the ring.

When did I ever say or suggest such a thing.  Stop trying to throw a pity party for Kobe and yourself and just get over the fact that he didn't when a Finals MVP trophy during that time, it is what it is. 

Did Kobe win those championship or not ? Answer it pls

Of course he won those championships........he was on the team wasn't he.  I and others just want you dudes to acknowledge who the leader/work horse of those teams was, and it wasn't Kobe, it was Shaq.

You're from the DMV area. You didnt watch the 00-03 Laker 82 games a season plus playoff

What does me being from DC have to do with anything??  You gotta do better than that.

What Duece King was trying to do is discrediting Kobe to make it seem like he was insignificant and therefore didn't earn his 3 rings

I did no such thing.  I'm not saying Kobe was insignificant to those Lakers teams or helping them win championships.  Even a player like Fisher was significant to the Lakers when they won back then as well.  All I'm and others are saying is that Shaq was more significant than any other player on those teams, or the most significant player rather.  Kobe lovers stay trying to cop pleas for their boy, it's quite sad.

But you can't discredit Kobe. He still put up crazy number as a second option

As long as you and others know that Kobe was the second option champ, that's all we are trying to get you dudes to understand.  You'll get there soon enough though.........soon enough.

However, Shaq was clearly the man. Kobe was clearly the 2nd option

Another Kobe fan that has seen the light.  We need more like you here on the boards brotha....................if I can call you that, brotha
happy.gif

You love to label people huh?
laugh.gif
do your thing playa or should I say "champ."

My man.

When did the Michael Jordan comparisons come around for Kobe? I'm sure it was while he was playing alongside Shaq.

Probably when Kobe started to compare himself to Michael.  Far be it from Kobe to do anything on his own or be his own man without trying to be like MJ on the court.

The answer im trying to get out of you Is Kobe a 3 times champ and earn those rings ? You said Yes lol OK You finally see the light and agree to the truth.

But then you also said Kobe wasn't a work horse. So what was he then ? You admit he did put in work but now you say he's not a work horse lol. He didn't put in work in the regular season and playoff ? LOL
You said Fisher was as much significant as Kobe during those rings. LOL

And you missed my question about you being from the DC area. I asked if you watch as many Lakers games as a Lakers fan from LA. 82 games a season plus playoff. You're not a Lakers fan nor a Kobe fan so it's unlikely that you have watch and know much about the 3 peat Lakers . Therefore stop pretending like you know how it went down

I already posted Kobe works and real videos proof. It doesn't matter if you think he's a second option. He put in work and that's all that need to be said . There were 2 work horses on that team. Both were significant pieces for the 3 peat Lakers. End of discussion

So your answer is Kobe wasn't the work horse. So what was he ? lol. He didn't put in work in the regular season and playoff ? LOL

Again, why don't you stick with what I said instead of trying to throw your boy Kobe and yourself a pity party in the process.  To answer your question Shaq was THE work horse.  Do you undestand that champ??  Remember there can only be one. 

He wasn't Finals MVP so therefore he didn't earn his ring despite all the work he put in ? LOL

Where did I specifically say Kobe didn't earn his ring since he wasn't the Finals MVP.  Please show me where I said that.
You said Fisher was as much significant as Kobe during those rings. LOL

LOL.  Nice try champ, I said even a player like Fisher was significant.  I never said Fisher was as much signficant as Kobe was.  Here read it and weep................

" I'm not saying Kobe was insignificant to those Lakers teams or helping them win championships.  Even a player like Fisher was significant to the Lakers when they won back then as well."

I already posted Kobe works and real videos proof.

You posted a bunch of nothing,  which is pretty much all you and the rest of the Kobe brigade in here is good for.  You want to see some proof, here your proof what the real deal was back then champ.......................

4920970629_7fb8758dbc.jpg

No pity party here. You admit Kobe earned his ring so he had to put in works right ? Did he or did he not put in work ?

There can only be one work horse ? So Kobe didn't work ? lol

The video i posted is nothing ? LOL

Clearly you're in denial lol . I bet you didn't even watch the video. You fear the truth lol

Bruh, a highlight vid of Kobe is not evidence. If you show me a video of all the shots Kobe HIT and MISSED in the finals, that would be valid. A highlight video of Kobe totally ignores what Shaq did during those series.

Try again.

Kobe's ring was GIVEN by Shaq.

You only get a ring for WINNING the finals.

You admit Kobe earned his ring so he had to put in works right ? Did he or did he not put in work ?
I'll answer your question..........yes Kobe put in work.  Now please answser my question.....where did I ever say or suggest Kobe didn't put in work??

Putting in work is different than being THE work horse.  If you can't/don't want to undestand that then that's on you.

You posted a "Kobe highlight video" and just expect people to run with that......LOL  How much more bias can your opinion be on the matter at hand. 

Clearly you're in denial lol
Pot meet keetle.  

You fear the truth lol
  I actually fear Kobe getting beat in the 1st and or 2nd round of the playoffs again like he did these last 2 years, that is what I fear.  Matter of fact that is what you should fear as well champ. 

It's not like I don't respect Kobe, his back to back rings with Gasol are legit. He lead those teams, his Finals MVPs prove it, but he hasn't done it like Shaq and Bron.

Shaq/Bron
Regular Season MVP
AND
Finals MVP

Originally Posted by quik1987

Why isn't Shaqs numbers up there for comparison?

Kobe 2000 finals

game 1: 14 points on 13 shots.

game 2: scored 2 points and played 9 minutes due to an injury

game 3: didn't play

game 4: This was the game when Kobe stepped up and hit some big shots in over time. Kobe played pretty good and this game and had 28 points on 51% shooting, but Shaq had 36 points and 21 rebounds.

game 5: scored 8 points on 4-20 shots (20 FG%)

game 6: 8-27 shooting (29 FG%)

Compare that to Shaq's performance in the 2000 Finals.

Shaq averaged 38 points, 17 rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 assists on 61% shooting

Game 1: 43 points, 19 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 blocks 67% shooting

Game 2: 40 points, 24 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 blocks 61%shooting

Game 3: 33 points, 13 rebounds, 2 blocks 62% shooting

Game 4: 36 points, 21 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 steals 52% shooting

Game 5: 35 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals 63% shooting

Game 6: 41 points, 12 rebounds, 4 blocks 59% shooting

Shaq won Finals MVP carrying the Los Angeles Lakers to there first championship in 12 years.

It cracks me up how almost all Laker fans look for reasons to make Shaq worse and hate on him despite the fact that he made your team relevant again and led them to 3 championships.

I quoted this for emphasis and to say wow.

Reading thru this thread, Kobe has zero rings, and is slightly better than Tracy Murray in terms of his NBA legacy. 

ANY other wing in the NBA could have done what Kobe has done in his career, easily I might add, and Kobe is no better than any of them, at all, ever. 

This is what I learned in here. 

As for the 2000 Finals, Kobe played basically 4 games.  He did little in game 1, was enourmous in game 4 coming off an injury, terrible in game 5 trying to do it again, and went for 26-10-4 in the series clincher, but all Quik would list is 8-27.  Interesting. 

Certainly not his best series of that year, but at 21, with him potentially saving the series with his game 4 performance, pretty sure what he did was well earned.  If that series goes 2-2, and they get blown out in game 5, no telling how that series goes.  Shaq was incredible in games 1 and 2, and set the tone, but on the road, in OT, Shaq was not the one to save that series.  Pick and choose any stats you want, that series was won in OT, on the road in game 4.  The series was over that night, and there's a reason for it. 

As for the rest, ya'll can keep going, prety soon we'll be deleting the 01 title, the 02 title, the 09 title, the 10 title, and focusing only on the 2005-2007 years of Kobe's career.  And maybe we can sprinkle in some 2011 and 12 so we give Kobe a fair nod on his overall body of work. 
laugh.gif

Bruh, a highlight vid of Kobe is not evidence. If you show me a video of all the shots Kobe HIT and MISSED in the finals, that would be valid. A highlight video of Kobe totally ignores what Shaq did during those series.

Try again.

Again for the million time. How do you make the Finals ? Was Pacer a harder challenge for the Lakers than the Blazer in the WCF ?

The videos i posted are highlight and evident of the work that Kobe put in .You can't deny that and said he was given a ring.

LOl at given .

lol and then you comparing a 28 years old Lebron to a 21 years old Kobe lol . Of course a 28 years old 9 years vet Lebron would be in a more suitable point of his career to lead a team to a championship than a 21 years old Kobe

Originally Posted by Deuce King

You admit Kobe earned his ring so he had to put in works right ? Did he or did he not put in work ?
I'll answer your question..........yes Kobe put in work.  Now please answser my question.....where did I ever say or suggest Kobe didn't put in work??

Putting in work is different than being THE work horse.  If you can't/don't want to undestand that then that's on you.

You posted a "Kobe highlight video" and just expect people to run with that......LOL  How much more bias can your opinion be on the matter at hand. 

Clearly you're in denial lol
Pot meet keetle.  

You fear the truth lol
  I actually fear Kobe getting beat in the 1st and or 2nd round of the playoffs again like he did these last 2 years, that is what I fear.  Matter of fact that is what you should fear as well champ. 
Don't try to play game . You know what you were trying to do. You try to make Kobe look irrelevant in those 3 peat .

The videos were highlight of KOBE WORKS in the first ring. There are plenty more for the second and third rings. You didn't want to see the videos because you fear the truth lol

You already admit Kobe a 3 times champs when you said Yes HE DID PUT IN WORK. What else do i have to say ?

It doesn't matter how you try to make him look small. Kobe and Shaq was Superman and Spider Man. There were 2 work horses.

And nice attempt at getting away from the argument by saying Kobe was eliminated from the second round for the past 2 years.  Yeahh.. Like the Thunder have no business of beating the Lakers . Weak...
roll.gif

Arguing with three stooges here DueceKing, Xtapo quick1987. 

Try again.

Its called Finals for being the Final series of the season & playoffs and Final teams left playing for the number 1 spot. You dont get to the Finals without first winning some regular season games then playoff series. Which if Shaq is scoring 35 a game and the Lakers say average 100 a game, others are scoring (same with rebounds, assists etc). So no one player is winning a ring by themself no matter how great they are. Also a regular season MVP can get beat in the playoffs while a player who isnt his teams best player can win Finals MVP (Billups, Parker, Worthy, or Dumars) which says nothing about who earns rings. And to say one player is GIVING rings to teammate who played an important part of teams sucess shows how some either do not know how a team works or is blinded by big numbers ESPN hype.

Got damn, some of you Kobe fans are hard headed.
laugh.gif
All people are saying is that Shaq was THE MAN back when LA won that first chip. I can't believe anyone would argue otherwise. You take Shaq away from that team, LA probably goes nowhere. You take Kobe away from that team, LA most likely still wins the chip. Or at the very least, they would have a MUCH better shot to win it with only Shaq than with only Kobe. Yes, Kobe put in work. Can't deny that. But the Diesel is the one who made that train go. Also can't deny how Deuce King is putting in work too.
laugh.gif

Oh, and as far as the title being "given" to Kobe.... When Drex went to Houston, yeah, he earned his ring. But he got it thanks to the Dream. Take Dream away, Drex is probably still ringless. Given = "thanks to such and such".

Back
Top Bottom