Malcolm X thread.

This guy was truly inspiring.
-Class president in middle school. 

-Dropped out of school in 9th grade. 

-Hustled in Boston and Harlem.

-Educated himself during a long prison bid.

-Went on to speak at in front of the best and brightest of the world. 
pimp.gif

images

Some main points that stuck from reading his autobiography was how he proclaimed christianity was the slave master's religion and blacks have no business practicing Christianity which I agree with. He put so much faith into Elijah Muhammad/Nation of Islam and not only was Elijah Muhammad a hypocrite, the religion ended up getting Malcolm killed.

This guy was truly inspiring.
-Class president in middle school. 

-Dropped out of school in 9th grade. 

-Hustled in Boston and Harlem.

-Educated himself during a long prison bid.

-Went on to speak at in front of the best and brightest of the world. 
pimp.gif

images

Some main points that stuck from reading his autobiography was how he proclaimed christianity was the slave master's religion and blacks have no business practicing Christianity which I agree with. He put so much faith into Elijah Muhammad/Nation of Islam and not only was Elijah Muhammad a hypocrite, the religion ended up getting Malcolm killed.

Originally Posted by ShoxBb433

Some main points that stuck from reading his autobiography was how he proclaimed christianity was the slave master's religion and blacks have no business practicing Christianity which I agree with.
Man it seems that we either don't care to acknowledge that or we don't know or think about it. I ask people this all the time and nobody can seem to give me an answer. Whatever the slave master did to get us to believe in it, he did a GREAT job. A GREAT job. We are terrified to even question the legitimacy of Christianity.

Some main points that stuck from reading his autobiography was how he proclaimed christianity was the slave master's religion and blacks have no business practicing Christianity which I agree with.
Man it seems that we either don't care to acknowledge that or we don't know or think about it. I ask people this all the time and nobody can seem to give me an answer. Whatever the slave master did to get us to believe in it, he did a GREAT job. A GREAT job. We are terrified to even question the legitimacy of Christianity.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Personally, If I was an African-American I could never be a Christian (I abhor religion regardless to be honest) but one can't downplay the role Christianity played for black during slavery, without that it would have been hard to imagine a way to get through the day to day turmoil of being a slave.  However, I agree, at this point Christianity continues to lower people's expectation's of life because they are convinced in an idea of some grand afterlife, robbing them of the grandeur of this life, the only one that we know exists.

Either way, Malcom is appreciated
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Personally, If I was an African-American I could never be a Christian (I abhor religion regardless to be honest) but one can't downplay the role Christianity played for black during slavery, without that it would have been hard to imagine a way to get through the day to day turmoil of being a slave.  However, I agree, at this point Christianity continues to lower people's expectation's of life because they are convinced in an idea of some grand afterlife, robbing them of the grandeur of this life, the only one that we know exists.

Either way, Malcom is appreciated
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I was raised christian but as I become more knowledgeable and educated I couldn't see the legitimacy. Malcolm said that Christianity's turn the other cheek philosophy is the reason we have been oppressed like we have. He says the slave master promised a heaven after death while the slavemaster was living heaven on earth. I also believe that the blond blue-eyed jesus most christians worship increases subconscious thoughts of white supremacy and self-hatred. 

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

got shoes major props lol same point at the same time

good looking. On your post the only thing that bothered me about Huey was that he got hooked on that white after the Panthers. Living in Bay and having a few relatives being affiliated with the BPP you hear a lot of things. Huey did a lot for the Bay and Southern states
pimp.gif

good looking. On your post the only thing that bothered me about Huey was that he got hooked on that white after the Panthers. Living in Bay and having a few relatives being affiliated with the BPP you hear a lot of things. Huey did a lot for the Bay and Southern states
pimp.gif

I was raised christian but as I become more knowledgeable and educated I couldn't see the legitimacy. Malcolm said that Christianity's turn the other cheek philosophy is the reason we have been oppressed like we have. He says the slave master promised a heaven after death while the slavemaster was living heaven on earth. I also believe that the blond blue-eyed jesus most christians worship increases subconscious thoughts of white supremacy and self-hatred. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by got shoes

pimp.gif

yeah i feel that but thats what made him human and thats what makes how he thought/what he said have that much more of an impact on me. the white man was playin DIRTY so i could see why somebody of his stature would feel the need for the white. ALL THAT PRESSURE/POWER is gonna impact a brother for standing up.

this thread this reminded me, i need to pick up revolutionary suicide ASAP
smh.gif

Originally Posted by got shoes

pimp.gif

yeah i feel that but thats what made him human and thats what makes how he thought/what he said have that much more of an impact on me. the white man was playin DIRTY so i could see why somebody of his stature would feel the need for the white. ALL THAT PRESSURE/POWER is gonna impact a brother for standing up.

this thread this reminded me, i need to pick up revolutionary suicide ASAP
smh.gif

Malcolm X is appreciated.
MLK is appreciated.

But comparing them to each other and saying who is better as if they didnt die in the name of equality, I find to be a tad bit disrespectful.
Just my opinion.

Im not black if it matters.

MLK is appreciated.

But comparing them to each other and saying who is better as if they didnt die in the name of equality, I find to be a tad bit disrespectful.
Just my opinion.

The autobiography of Malcolm X was the first book i read b4 it became a movie. I was juiced when it came to the theaters.

The autobiography of Malcolm X was the first book i read b4 it became a movie. I was juiced when it came to the theaters.

Originally Posted by Diego

MLK is appreciated.

Just my opinion.

what i'm saying is i prefer his (violent) method as opposed to mlk's (nonviolent) method of achieving equality. BOTH were needed though for balance

Back
Top Bottom