Malcolm X thread.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

With that being said, the situation of black people today has
show progress. Saying black people had it better 100 years ago is
downright moronic. None of you guys would survive the racism and abuse
your grandparents and greatgrandparents went through. I guarantee if we
got in a time machine and went to the past none of you would last a day.

Your not saying anything though...anybody who went back in time wouldn't make it theoretically since they benefit from the futures advanced technology and higher standard of living.

It's funny seeing the same usual suspects with the same ol arguments (or lack of I should say)....

do something new...think something new...make something new.

Can you point out the fallacies in my arguments? You're not really saying anything here.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

With that being said, the situation of black people today has
show progress. Saying black people had it better 100 years ago is
downright moronic. None of you guys would survive the racism and abuse
your grandparents and greatgrandparents went through. I guarantee if we
got in a time machine and went to the past none of you would last a day.

Your not saying anything though...anybody who went back in time wouldn't make it theoretically since they benefit from the futures advanced technology and higher standard of living.

It's funny seeing the same usual suspects with the same ol arguments (or lack of I should say)....

do something new...think something new...make something new.

Can you point out the fallacies in my arguments? You're not really saying anything here.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

bijald0331 wrote:

I

Again,this is in my opinion and I hope you don't come at me with the "I'm telling blacks what to believe" jargon:

I don't think you can categorize racism in the Reconstruction/early 20th century as just "in-your-face". It was way worse than that. Do you believe something like the Colfax Massacre could occur today? The Rosewood Massacre? It's just completely different today than 100 years ago. How can you compare institutional racism to a complete lack of regard for human life? I don't get how the former is more nasty? We are talking about living and dying here, not failing to earn an promotion.

Racism exists today,  but it isn't as "hidden" as NTers make it out to be. The social injustices are all around us. When I say people are looking for racism in everything, I'm talking about people like Al Sharpton who compare multimillionaires to slaves. I'm not talking about the obvious morbidity/mortality rates among minority groups due to different causes that stem from social injustices and disparities.

With that being said, the situation of black people today has show progress. Saying black people had it better 100 years ago is downright moronic. None of you guys would survive the racism and abuse your grandparents and greatgrandparents went through. I guarantee if we got in a time machine and went to the past none of you would last a day.

According to who???? Another NT'ER?

There you go looking for the pat on the back!

bijald0331 wrote:

I

Again,this is in my opinion and I hope you don't come at me with the "I'm telling blacks what to believe" jargon:

I don't think you can categorize racism in the Reconstruction/early 20th century as just "in-your-face". It was way worse than that. Do you believe something like the Colfax Massacre could occur today? The Rosewood Massacre? It's just completely different today than 100 years ago. How can you compare institutional racism to a complete lack of regard for human life? I don't get how the former is more nasty? We are talking about living and dying here, not failing to earn an promotion.

Racism exists today,  but it isn't as "hidden" as NTers make it out to be. The social injustices are all around us. When I say people are looking for racism in everything, I'm talking about people like Al Sharpton who compare multimillionaires to slaves. I'm not talking about the obvious morbidity/mortality rates among minority groups due to different causes that stem from social injustices and disparities.

With that being said, the situation of black people today has show progress. Saying black people had it better 100 years ago is downright moronic. None of you guys would survive the racism and abuse your grandparents and greatgrandparents went through. I guarantee if we got in a time machine and went to the past none of you would last a day.

bijald0331 wrote:

I

Another completely pointless response from NT's own Nat Turner. I was calling certain NTers out, not looking for a Pat on the back.
laugh.gif

bijald0331 wrote:

I

Another completely pointless response from NT's own Nat Turner. I was calling certain NTers out, not looking for a Pat on the back.
laugh.gif

bijald0331 wrote:

I

laugh.gif

I am a huge fan of The Sopranos. On one of their last episodes, a African dude was riding through an italian 'hood on his bike. A bunch of young italian dudes saw him riding through, then began harrassing him, using THE racial epithet in his direction. He stopped his bike, then said to them, "I am not a n!@@er!"

"I work and go to school!" 

One of the itallian dudes then asked, "you're not?"

"Then what are you, a terrorist?

They then proceeded to give african dude a serious beatdown.

___

You are the only one on this post who had to suggest what he is doing with his life, in order to prove that he is about SOMETHING other than what another poster may be about. It is a message board, it is not that serious, but you are looking for that pat on the back....have fun getting it!

Perhaps you may want to reconsider your position on Malcolm.

bijald0331 wrote:

I

laugh.gif

I am a huge fan of The Sopranos. On one of their last episodes, a African dude was riding through an italian 'hood on his bike. A bunch of young italian dudes saw him riding through, then began harrassing him, using THE racial epithet in his direction. He stopped his bike, then said to them, "I am not a n!@@er!"

"I work and go to school!" 

One of the itallian dudes then asked, "you're not?"

"Then what are you, a terrorist?

They then proceeded to give african dude a serious beatdown.

___

You are the only one on this post who had to suggest what he is doing with his life, in order to prove that he is about SOMETHING other than what another poster may be about. It is a message board, it is not that serious, but you are looking for that pat on the back....have fun getting it!

Perhaps you may want to reconsider your position on Malcolm.

^^^Nah fam I'm good, I respect the guy but I don't subscribe to most of his ideology.

Hey, I had to do that to prove a point and I believe I did. Most of the guys in here are all talk and have NOTHING to back it up with. And I believe at this point it's about foolish pride on the part of certain NTers they know deep down
I'm not the "enemy" but insist on arguing with me.

Like I said I'd be the absolute worst KKK member ever. Put me in the shoes of the white man, and flip this argument and I'd be a Nword lover....I said this already but I need you to think about it. The way you think about race is no different from the way an ignorant prejudiced white man does. imo.

You my friend are the last person I would want a pat on the back from
laugh.gif
. That's like me asking for the Pope's blessings. If someone called me inherently evil for not being a Christian and I gave them an explanation about how one can have moralistic values and be non-religious. That isn't me asking for a pat on the back, that's me showing them how utterly worthless and absurd their beliefs are. These are debates and arguments, I don't say "Oh sh5% Nat Turner wants a pat on the back for posting some bull%% that is supposed to be evidence of him being the ideal negro". I have as much respect for your acceptance as I do of the Pope. Hope that clears things up.
pimp.gif

^^^Nah fam I'm good, I respect the guy but I don't subscribe to most of his ideology.

Hey, I had to do that to prove a point and I believe I did. Most of the guys in here are all talk and have NOTHING to back it up with. And I believe at this point it's about foolish pride on the part of certain NTers they know deep down
I'm not the "enemy" but insist on arguing with me.

Like I said I'd be the absolute worst KKK member ever. Put me in the shoes of the white man, and flip this argument and I'd be a Nword lover....I said this already but I need you to think about it. The way you think about race is no different from the way an ignorant prejudiced white man does. imo.

You my friend are the last person I would want a pat on the back from
laugh.gif
. That's like me asking for the Pope's blessings. If someone called me inherently evil for not being a Christian and I gave them an explanation about how one can have moralistic values and be non-religious. That isn't me asking for a pat on the back, that's me showing them how utterly worthless and absurd their beliefs are. These are debates and arguments, I don't say "Oh sh5% Nat Turner wants a pat on the back for posting some bull%% that is supposed to be evidence of him being the ideal negro". I have as much respect for your acceptance as I do of the Pope. Hope that clears things up.
pimp.gif

I essentially laid the foundation for my argument in that same post from which you all quoted.  Look at the rate of black male employment (and unemployment), black male incarceration, the prevalence, concentration, and severity of black poverty, and black homeownership as a starting point.

Add to that the decline of black marriage and the dissolution of the black family structure (which was, contrary to popular opinion, not a direct and continuous holdover from slavery), the increasing gap in black-white infant mortality rates, the number of black youth being murdered, the influence of the drug trade and drug addiction, the influence of negative images and messages in the media, etc. and you have a confluence of conditions and phenomena that exist today to such a degree that did not all exist simultaneously at any other point in time.

Not to belittle by any means the lives and experiences of anyone who was murdered or lynched by the KKK or other groups of white terrorists, but look at how many black youth are currently being killed in the streets everyday; it is not even comparable.  Someone mentioned the complete disregard for black life "in yesteryear."  Do you think society has regard for black life today?  Where is the outrage?

I agree that it was almost undoubtedly worse for black folks during Reconstruction than it is today; however, outside of that time period, I stand by my statement.

I essentially laid the foundation for my argument in that same post from which you all quoted.  Look at the rate of black male employment (and unemployment), black male incarceration, the prevalence, concentration, and severity of black poverty, and black homeownership as a starting point.

Add to that the decline of black marriage and the dissolution of the black family structure (which was, contrary to popular opinion, not a direct and continuous holdover from slavery), the increasing gap in black-white infant mortality rates, the number of black youth being murdered, the influence of the drug trade and drug addiction, the influence of negative images and messages in the media, etc. and you have a confluence of conditions and phenomena that exist today to such a degree that did not all exist simultaneously at any other point in time.

Not to belittle by any means the lives and experiences of anyone who was murdered or lynched by the KKK or other groups of white terrorists, but look at how many black youth are currently being killed in the streets everyday; it is not even comparable.  Someone mentioned the complete disregard for black life "in yesteryear."  Do you think society has regard for black life today?  Where is the outrage?

I agree that it was almost undoubtedly worse for black folks during Reconstruction than it is today; however, outside of that time period, I stand by my statement.

AntonLaVey wrote:

The way you think about race is no different from the way an ignorant prejudiced white man does. imo.

Really? So I am FOR people having privilege, due to the color of their slkin?? You are telling me that I think that there are certain people who are superior, due to the color of their skin, then stereotypical behaviours are isolated to one group of people, due to the color of their skin?

Please, continue! 

AntonLaVey wrote:

The way you think about race is no different from the way an ignorant prejudiced white man does. imo.

Really? So I am FOR people having privilege, due to the color of their slkin?? You are telling me that I think that there are certain people who are superior, due to the color of their skin, then stereotypical behaviours are isolated to one group of people, due to the color of their skin?

Please, continue! 

Reading through this thread at the comment's let's you know how much of an impact malcolm had on this world! They'll never be another like him!

Back
Top Bottom