Man arrested by TSA scumbags for writing 4th Amendment on his chest.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Man With 4th Amendment Written on Chest Sues Over Airport Arrest[/h1]
13782919_BG11.jpeg

A 21-year-old Virginia man who wrote an abbreviated version of the Fourth Amendment on his body and stripped to his shorts at an airport security screening area is demanding $250,000 in damages for being detained on a disorderly conduct charge.

Aaron Tobey claims in a civil rights lawsuit (.pdf) that in December he was handcuffed and held for about 90 minutes by the Transportation Security Administration at the Richmond International Airport after he began removing his clothing to display on his chest a magic-marker protest of airport security measures.

“Amendment 4: The right of the people to be secure against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated,

30t6p3b.gif
I see both sides, but this cat needs to go to another country where the police are allowed to run up in peoples homes and rifle through +%!+ for no reason

eh, at the same time tho, its not like you randomly surrender that right...

youre buying a plane ticket and riding a plane...

plane riding is dangerous enough as it is....

i, for one, have no issue with being searched OR interrogated...

if this was on the street, tho (a la Arizona) i'd be against it

planes?

im all for it.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

30t6p3b.gif
I see both sides, but this cat needs to go to another country where the police are allowed to run up in peoples homes and rifle through +%!+ for no reason
I don't see where you are going with this.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

30t6p3b.gif

taht being searched before boarding an airplane isn't that big of a deal.

i've gotten worse searches than his just walking down the street.....

i believe the word is "perspective"

i don't see why ppl are upset by this. I don't know about y'all, but when i'm sitting on a plane, i don't want to get bodied.

30t6p3b.gif

Trying to justify this? The man has rights and it is clearly summed up on his chest if people or this government has forgot. Who cares what goes on in other countries, we aren't talking about other countries. By allowing the TSA to search people they are presuming guilt without just cause. Everyone is in this country is guilty until they have to prove to this bureaucracy that they are innocent. That isn't how law is suppose to work.

Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

planes?

im all for it.

You are buying a plane ticket from a private airline company, you aren't buying a plane ticket from a government agency. The airlines can monitor their own planes because it is their money that is flying on the plane, we don't need these GED certificate holding know nothings to illegally search through private property when they don't know what they are looking for. These people have 40 hours of in classroom training, you think they know what they're looking for and experienced enough to detect of suspicious activity after an only additional 60 hours of luggage screening?
laugh.gif

This kid is an idiot for doing it before his flight to his Grandmother's funeral. Even though he made the flight, why risk it?

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

30t6p3b.gif

This...

I can understand it at the airport...

It's for your safety...

What bothers me is the fact that the police can choose to strip you out your car, tear all your things up while searching you and walk off like its nothing....

planes?

im all for it.
a lot of ppl would argue that its more about the principle and the potential incremental relinquishment of rights. Today its boarding planes, tomorrow its dudes running up in our homes with rifles w/o a warrant. Most people would be ok with this imo, except that there is a lot of talk of expanding these searches to malls, public venues, transport etc. 

30t6p3b.gif

Well yes I understand that its not a big deal, to ME.  There are a bunch of people who take offense to things more frequently than others....maybe he is one of them.

My thing about Nawth21's post was that this dude lives in the USA so that  he doesn't have to deal "the police are allowed to run up in peoples homes and rifle through +%!+ for no reason."

Amendments are left to interpretation, and this is his.

Originally Posted by rashi

30t6p3b.gif

Trying to justify this? The man has rights and it is clearly summed up on his chest if people or this government has forgot. Who cares what goes on in other countries, we aren't talking about other countries. By allowing the TSA to search people they are presuming guilt without just cause. Everyone is in this country is guilty until they have to prove to this bureaucracy that they are innocent. That isn't how law is suppose to work.

Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

planes?

im all for it.

You are buying a plane ticket from a private airline company, you aren't buying a plane ticket from a government agency. The airlines can monitor their own planes because it is their money that is flying on the plane, we don't need these GED certificate holding know nothings to illegally search through private property when they don't know what they are looking for. These people have 40 hours of in classroom training, you think they know what they're looking for and experienced enough to detect of suspicious activity after an only additional 60 hours of luggage screening?
laugh.gif

oh, you're arguing with my opinion, oh, okay, rashi.

eyes.gif

There are a bunch of people who take offense to things more frequently than others....maybe he is one of them.
im trying really hard not to make an anti-white america comment...

a lot of ppl would argue that its more about the principle and the potential incremental relinquishment of rights. Today its boarding planes, tomorrow its dudes running up in our homes with rifles w/o a warrant. Most people would be ok with this imo, except that there is a lot of talk of expanding these searches to malls, public venues, transport etc. 
illogical jump to conclusion.

we have extra security on planes because the ++## is dangerous.

having extra security in airports and surrounding airplanes in no way, shape or form suggests that "something else is next"

i wont even entertain that argument.

again, im going to refrain from making my typical white-bashing comments...

Not trying to justify anything, I'm just saying there is a better reason for the 4th amendment being in place. Don't like it, don't fly. No one is being FORCED. Flying is voluntary. It's like drug testing for potential employees. It's not an assumption of guilt, it's just a hoop you have to jump through in order to do something (fly, get a job, whatever). That doesn't mean people can't be upset over it, but I wouldn't go so far as it being a violation of our rights
laugh.gif
Hell, sign me up for the scanning and the pat down. I have nothing to hide and I don't really care if someone sees my quasi nekkid outline. Oh gee the horror.

They put that "reasonable" in there for a reason.  Leaves it open for interpretation.

This freedom fighter should know there are no amendments against walking to his desired destination.

nawth, my point exactly.

im really showing restraint.

i wont say the REAL reason a portion of our population is upset about this....

nawth, my point exactly.

im really showing restraint.

i wont say the REAL reason a portion of our population is upset about this....
Do it!  I'm bored at work and your posts entertain me.
smokin.gif

MJeatingpopcorn.gif 

Not trying to justify anything, I'm just saying there is a better reason for the 4th amendment being in place. Don't like it, don't fly. No one is being FORCED. Flying is voluntary. It's like drug testing for potential employees. It's not an assumption of guilt, it's just a hoop you have to jump through in order to do something (fly, get a job, whatever). That doesn't mean people can't be upset over it, but I wouldn't go so far as it being a violation of our rights
laugh.gif
Hell, sign me up for the scanning and the pat down. I have nothing to hide and I don't really care if someone sees my quasi nekkid outline. Oh gee the horror.

They put that "reasonable" in there for a reason.  Leaves it open for interpretation.

So why do we have rights in the first place if they can just take them away at will.  I agree with Rashi on this one, we aren't talking about other countries, so please don't bring that b.s. response "oh you don't like it here?...go move to another country...duhhhh!"

Of course we have the option of flying vs. not flying but why should we get demoted in rights for the same thing we've done for years?  You wanna pat us down, use metal detectors/wands, remove a turban or headress...okay but don't try and get me buttnaked just to prove a point. 

Then again I was trying to carry some
pimp.gif
 through an airport so i'm biased as hell
laugh.gif

I JUST HATE THE FACT THEY THINK EVERY AMERICAN IS A "TERRORIST" \

WHEN YOU DONT FIT INTO "THE AGENDA"

I GOT PATRIOT ACT

PROBABLY FOR TALKING ABOUT RON PAUL,UFOS AND ALL THIS OTHER STUFF WHICH CAME TO MIND AS FREE-WILL

AND I NEVER HAVE BEEN TO JAIL OR GOT FINGERPRINTED

THEY ARE SOOO SHOOK OF SOMEBODY WHO IS IN "REALITY" & NOT ACTING LIKE A ROBOT

HE WRITES ON HIS CHEST THE 4TH AMENDMENT AND ASK "WHO SENT YOU?"

LIKE REALLY?....HE WAS SENT BY THE FOUNDING FATHERS OF AMERICA!

THEY MIGHT AS WELL GET RID OF ALL THE AMENDMENTS AND PUT IN SOME NEW ONES THAT ALWAYS BENEFIT THE GOV' & PRIVATE PARTY'S

IT HAS GOTTEN TO A POINT WHERE THIS COUNTRY FEELS LIKE A PARALLEL UNIVERSE ITSELF

: DISAPPEARS INTO THE NEXT DIMENSION :

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

laugh.gif

So why do we have rights in the first place if they can just take them away at will.  I agree with Rashi on this one, we aren't talking about other countries, so please don't bring that b.s. response "oh you don't like it here?...go move to another country...duhhhh!"

Of course we have the option of flying vs. not flying but why should we get demoted in rights for the same thing we've done for years?  You wanna pat us down, use metal detectors/wands, remove a turban or headress...okay but don't try and get me buttnaked just to prove a point. 

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

whether right or wrong, we suffer cause some animals were able to bring weapons onto a plane, take it over, and crash them into the WTC.

in response to your other issue Grimlock... what we need to do to circumvent the new problem of stashin on planes is to develop of community of like minded individuals to help each other out.  It is a minor (actually major) inconvenience when I travel for vacation and have to go a week without the
pimp.gif
.  For better or worse, that helps me relax, and isnt the point of vacation to relax and enjoy yourself?

If you traveling out to socal, I got you brother.  No need to worrry bout tryin to juke out the TSA bodyscan.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

They didn't take our rights away.  In theory, I'm still free from unreasonable search and seizure.  Times change, fears change.  Procedures can't always be the same as they were 20, 30, or 40 years ago. 

And I'm certainly not saying if you don't like it, go to another country.  But, prior to that amendment they could just waltz up in our home for no reason.  Still happens in other parts of the world.  And in my opinion, that's much worse than the security at airports.  It's all about perspective. 

And if someone doesn't like how the airports are these days, do something about it.  Write to your legislature, boycott flying.  Writing on yourself with magic marker and making a scene is not really helping. 

Aaron Tobey claims in a civil rights lawsuit (.pdf) that in December he was handcuffed and held for about 90 minutes by the Transportation Security Administration at the Richmond International Airport after he began removing his clothing to display on his chest a magic-marker protest of airport security measures.port securi
If he had it as a tat, then he be a G... But a magic marker?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
 well...

moronsplash.png
ures.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

whether right or wrong, we suffer cause some animals were able to bring weapons onto a plane, take it over, and crash them into the WTC.

in response to your other issue Grimlock... what we need to do to circumvent the new problem of stashin on planes is to develop of community of like minded individuals to help each other out.  It is a minor (actually major) inconvenience when I travel for vacation and have to go a week without the
pimp.gif
.  For better or worse, that helps me relax, and isnt the point of vacation to relax and enjoy yourself?

If you traveling out to socal, I got you brother.  No need to worrry bout tryin to juke out the TSA bodyscan.

Brother...I almost had to do it up the pooper last time...
laugh.gif
  Thanks for the look out...I really do envy Cali and you guys in this respect with the "forward" thinking they have w/ canna.  With these body scanners being more widespread now it's like if you opt to do the pat down instead I feel that they will literally strip search you like the OP's guy which is just plain ludicrous imo...why take it to such an extent?  If someone had an object so small that it couldn't be found with a thorough pat down, and it was lethal...there gonna do some damage no matter what kind of "frisking/searching" they do.

I can understand the idea of all these technologies being used to prevent something from happening but when you start taking away freedoms just at random...there seriously has to be another way.

: DISAPPEARS INTO THE NEXT DIMENSION : 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom