Man dies on subway as photographer takes a picture for NY POST, Update: Photographer speaks (P. 4)

Picture is not distasteful, is history, it shows us the harsh reality of poverty in that side of the world, is not to say that the photographer didn't do something after snapping the shot, taking the pic and walking off would be foul, simply taking the pic as part of his job, chill...ya reaching

He stated that after he took the picture, he helped the girl.

For real?

I'll need to go back and look at that, cause from what I re-call, he never did. I stand to be corrected though.

The photographer is an idiot and is disrespectful for taking a picture and then putting it on the cover of a newspaper in such a manner, they should be sanctioned or w.e
Im not too sure about the details, but were there other people on the platform at the time? Someone who couldve maybe helped
I like the way you think datdude.  Some of these cats on this board failed critical thinking in grade school

you do know there was probably a whole community of sick and dying people in that same area right?  The photographer is there to show the world reality.

That's why I'm trying to get that, helping that little girl was beyond the photographers control, do ya consider him picking her up off the floor and giving her a snack bar, "help" plus, she's not an isolated case, there are whole communities of these starving kids.

That's why I'm trying to get that, helping that little girl was beyond the photographers control, do ya consider him picking her up off the floor and giving her a snack bar, "help" plus, she's not an isolated case, there are whole communities of these starving kids.

Yeah it was like on an average of 20-30 kids dying per hour at the time...

Some of you seem surprised.

After this photo was published in 1994, I realised we live in a sad world...

for those who may not get it, instead of the photographer helping that little girl, he waited and took this image smh
What was the photographer supposed to do?  Adopt the kid?  I'm sure the bird didn't attack the child if thats what you are implying. 

Dude was doing his job.  That is a location thing.  Don't judge the camera man from this one pic. 
the bird was waiting for the child to die, so it could it eat it

That's what the picture shows you and that's why is so powerful and it delivers the messege...but I doubt the bird actually knows the concept of death and that the child might die any second, I'm sure the bird is there because of the stench of death and decomposition of the area....it just so happens for the bit to be fixated on the child at the exact moment he snapped the pic.

^that was in response to "i'm sure the bird didn't attack the child"

i'm blaming the bird.
laugh.gif

Some of you seem surprised.

After this photo was published in 1994, I realised we live in a sad world...

for those who may not get it, instead of the photographer helping that little girl, he waited and took this image smh
What was the photographer supposed to do?  Adopt the kid?  I'm sure the bird didn't attack the child if thats what you are implying. 

Dude was doing his job.  That is a location thing.  Don't judge the camera man from this one pic. 
And I said the bird didn't attack the kid because the photographer didn't allow it. 

the photographer did not intervene at all.  The child was dying, crawling towards a feeding center with a vulture stalking her.

btw:  Has anyone been watching Witness on HBO?

Last edited:
Perfectly composed too....son should have helped him, he was close enough to reach him, pull him and saved him :smh:
What is it with the victims upper body strength, it's harder to climb out of a pool I'd think...all you gotta do is push up...no?
Pretty much. One day I dropped something down the platform and missed my train so I could jump down and pick it up after it departed. I'm 5'11 so it was pretty simple but don't know how tall was the victim. :smh:

so homeboy couldnt take a pic of the dude that pushed him...cmon now, and flashing his camera to warn the conductor yeah right, dude was making sure his flash was on..

Sad, but never should have gotten in the argument in the first place. I hope they find the dude.

The photographer could have saved the man. How long does it take him to take his camera out and adjust it? It will stay in his conscious believe that.

so homeboy couldnt take a pic of the dude that pushed him...cmon now, and flashing his camera to warn the conductor yeah right, dude was making sure his flash was on..

That would make to photographer look too bad, I suppose. If he had time to take this pic and the pic of the guy that pushed him, he would've had time to help. The story of him "flashing his camera" wouldn't have floated(as if it is now).

That's low even for the Post. Wow.

Never thought the distastefulness of the Post would surprise me, but they just did.

The photographer thought about his job first rather than helping the man who is about to lose his life. Morality of humans went out the window the second he took that picture.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom