"Manly" and "Girly" Drinks

Yesterday I was at a brewery and I had a cider because I had never had one before. My boss told me it was a "girly" drink.
It seems like the worse-tasting a drink is, the "manlier" it is considered. Why is that? Discuss.

Neat or on the rocks is the only way I take my drinks.

Also, if I am ever drinking with my boss or any work function, I like to stick with a good beer, scotch, or whiskey.

poi: I didn't drink the cider in front of my boss (I was with a group of friends), I just told him about it at work today.

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

as long as there's no umbrella in your drink, you're good

This...and it depends on what kinda cup it comes in. I love champagne and will drink it out of the bottle at home/party, but ill be damned if i order it at a club and drink it out of a flute glass
laugh.gif

I usually stick to the classics.
Jack&Coke or Rum&Coke

I don't get to hectic with all the crazy drinks out there/I don't really like to experiment.

Stay away from the colorful drinks of course.

If your're worrying about whether your drinks are girly... you might be a lil girly.

Just drink what tastes good to you and get $+%@%$ up.

If someone is having a party, they usually get coolers, Smirnoff Triple Black Ice, or whatever fruity flavored drinks they get specifically so the girls have something to drink. I've seen some girls put guys to shame though. Whenever a guy takes one of the coolers, people usually take notice and make fun though.

Don't be the only guy at the party who took a cooler. If you don't see at least 3 guys holding the same drink, spare yourself the embarrassment. Don't do it. No one's asking you to drink moonshine. If you don't like beer, there's a lot of good mixed drinks that you could try and still keep your manhood intact.

Originally Posted by CJ003

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

as long as there's no umbrella in your drink, you're good

This...and it depends on what kinda cup it comes in. I love champagne and will drink it out of the bottle at home/party, but ill be damned if i order it at a club and drink it out of a flute glass
laugh.gif

That's wild insecure. Like I know dudes who don't order martinis in public because of the glass. It's stupid

Jack/coke or Jameson/coke usually.  The only unmanly thing I drink is a Tokyo tea.(Even though most men would be falling over after one)

I stick to beers at the club cause I hate cheap liquor. But at home I am known to make a margarita out of fresh fruit.

I'll drink whatever as long as it gets me where I need to be, anywhere from a little tipsy to blackout drunk idc

Margaritas shots or anything mixed with soda is what ill drink if im not drinking beer . I have drank somr adios and long island . I mean if it doesnt look to fruity/pretty you will be fine . I mean 007 drinks martinis so why not

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

If someone is having a party, they usually get coolers, Smirnoff Triple Black Ice, or whatever fruity flavored drinks they get specifically so the girls have something to drink. I've seen some girls put guys to shame though. Whenever a guy takes one of the coolers, people usually take notice and make fun though.

Don't be the only guy at the party who took a cooler. If you don't see at least 3 guys holding the same drink, spare yourself the embarrassment. Don't do it. No one's asking you to drink moonshine. If you don't like beer, there's a lot of good mixed drinks that you could try and still keep your manhood intact.
I'd say an even more important skill for a man to have in life is to deflect criticism very easily. If you get used to altering your choices bc of what others think, especially for something as trivial as a Smirnoff, then thats all bad. Drink whatever and laugh it off when other people say *@@%. 9/10 I get a whiskey sour tho, its my old faithful.

Back
Top Bottom