"Manly" things as either designated by NT or society, that you don't adhere to...

I don't own a suit.

I'm clean shaven.

Camping is the worst.

I know how to do my own laundry, but I get the people at the laundromat to do it for me because I'm lazy.

"Man wasn't meant to live in a cubicle, he was meant to walk 60 miles a day and hunt sabertooth tigers with his bare hands."

My grandfather owned a body shop for 45 years, my uncle and father worked him. My father was an airline and fighter jet mechanic. I am the absolute worst with tools. :rofl:

My wife does all the handy stuff (daddy's girl)

There's a reason why "can" comes before "can't"....
With google you can learn how to do anything
smokin.gif
This man knows.

Not that it manly or not, but most people should know how to do some of these things simply for the fact that it saves money, time, grief, and that it's helpful during emergencies...

Personally, I got exposed to things like construction and landscaping since half of my family does/did it. But I'm glad because a lot of that s**t I learned, I'm using at this point in my life. Plus, I work in the construction field as well...

YouTube is a gold mine for this stuff... Esp DIY.

Plus, it can be a plus when it comes to females (before they try to take advantage :lol: )

For all you that had problems with IKEA projects, don't worry. Their instructions are terrible lol...

On topic:

I don't drink liquor. Wine, yes. But can't do the hard liquor, dog.

I don't drink beer.
I don't know know nor do I care to know anything about cars (tire change, check oil, washing it by hand)
I don't eat meat.
I've never fished.
I don't like camping.
Never mowed a lawn. And won't.
Can't drive stick.
I don't wear blue jeans.
I don't believe in Jesus.
I am for gun control.
I don't own tools.
I don't have facial hair.

I make up for all this stuff in other ways doe. Come at the god.

:smh:

Damn

i hope a lot of yall are still young, after reading the responses, im dead scared for our future. if you know how to loosen/tighten a bolt, you can change a tire and change your own oil. i do a lot of basic maintenance on my car, for one its cheaper, and two i know its done the right way and get a bit of self satisfaction. i guess the only thing i need to work on is my cooking/grilling, couldnt whip up a decent meal to save my life.

i'm not handy with anything, at all. can't do anything with a box of tools.

I'm 22. Not blaming it on my generation, but 80% of my friends are like this (I live in the city)

I have a friend who says "A man should be able to get in any car and be able to drive it."
It's a good point for knowing stick, bc seriously it's awful on road trips (or maybe emergencies) if you got in that ***** and were like... "Yeahhhh, I don't know how this thing works"

My list for "manly" things I don't adhere to
- i REALLY hate beer
- I'm good off sports dude. love playing em, but I'm not watching the **** unless it's playoffs or late night sportscenter
- have soft hands. I'm told this often. Aloe vERA is a gift and a curse
- I don't keep my wallet in my back pocket
- Is it not manly if I know how to cook? Bc I'm niceee in the kitchen, bruh
- i'm meticulous with my hygiene (and maintaining me hair down there). I have friends that said theyve never even trimmed in their life and thought i was crazy
- I will have a garden when I get a house. Top 5 in the things on my "must have" list
- I enjoy the occasional Rom Com
- I don't take pride/like talking about farts and ***** :lol: i hate bathroom humor. Human beings are disgusting
- really into clothes/fashion, and a lot of you on here would prolly make fun of how tight my clothes are

but like ERASCISM said: i make up for it in other ways-- come take shots at the god

Gender/societal norms maybe be some of my favorite topics of discussion, research, and observation :pimp: good thread

Last edited:
I'm 22. Not blaming it on my generation, but 80% of my friends are like this (I live in the city)

I have a friend who says "A man should be able to get in any car and be able to drive it."
It's a good point for knowing stick, bc seriously it's awful on road trips (or maybe emergencies) if you got in that ***** and were like... "Yeahhhh, I don't know how this thing works"

My list for "manly" things I don't adhere to
- i REALLY hate beer
-

- Is it not manly if I know how to cook? Bc I'm niceee in the kitchen, bruh
- I will have plants when I get a house. . 
- I don't take pride/like talking about farts and *****
laugh.gif
i hate bathroom humor. Human beings are disgusting

im cool with you on those........

i know how to drive stick but hate to. 

i know how a and have done yard work but havent in years because i hate to . 

know how to change oil and tires but rather have someone else do it. l

dont know how to bbq but i can cook. 

y'all ****** weird bro

i don't wanna hear about no generational blah blah blah

some of y'all just lazy bruh :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Only one I can think of is that I don't follow any kind of sports..
For some reason when people find out about this they be like, why are you gay? DA helll kind of **** is this

Don't know how to change a tire,no desire or need to learn...
Facial hair is disgusting...
Don't watch football.
Never been fishing or camping.

I do do my own yard work though,as mentioned before riding mower + a good drink and it doesn't even feel like a chore.

Can change tires, fluids, have done minor body work and electronic installations.

Can't drive stick. Trying get an SLS and those don't come in manual, so I still won't attempt to learn. Glo up.

My older brother and I wear formal cloths to work but had to youtube how to tie a tie when I was 24 and he was 27.

I used to get others, including females([emoji]128532[/emoji]) to tie my ties and I would just never retie them or take em apart.

y'all ****** weird bro

i don't wanna hear about no generational blah blah blah

some of y'all just lazy bruh :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You don't think there's anything to it being generational?
Like almost all of our grandfathers fought in a war (if they grew up in this country)
i don't gotta tell you everything you'd learn and the skills you'd develop in the military
So, they probably taught their sons. But It's like a game of telephone, over time it'll be less ad less common

And if we were born 30, 40 , 50 years ago it'd be a lot more embarrassing and whatnot to not be handy at all bc they were so traditional, specially w gender roles

but hey, If I'm at a sit down restaurant, so like not at my dudes house, I'll eat pizza w a knife and a fork. So maybe I'm weird brew

Last edited:
Like almost all of our grandfathers fought in a war (if they grew up in this country)
i don't gotta tell you everything you'd learn and the skills you'd develop in the military
So, they probably taught their sons. But It's like a game of telephone, over time it'll be less ad less common

And if we were born 30, 40 , 50 years ago it'd be a lot more embarrassing and whatnot to not be handy at all bc they were so traditional, specially w gender roles

I was born 30+ years ago and i'm not handy at all.....:frown:

but hey, If I'm at a sit down restaurant, so like not at my dudes house, I'll eat pizza w a knife and a fork. So maybe I'm weird brew

sure. i can agree w/ that i guess. either way...i'm 20. born in '94 and like

i said before my dad was like "hey...come here and do this stuff so you can take care of yourself."

i know how to cook , clean, fix stuff, and all because you have to be able to be self sufficient. so we

agree on some fronts here.

Back
Top Bottom