Manu Ginobili Wins 6th Man Award

I refuse to comment.

(Take THAT KanyeWestJayZ4Life and PO2345).
laugh.gif

Yeah right.

It's a shame that this flopping, Oscar-worthy goon is going to be awarded, and it's a shame that he's a Spur. Iceman and David RObinson have moretalent in each of their pinkies than Ginobili has in his entire body.

And I've said this before (but apparently it gets passed over by guys like KanyeWestJayZ4Life, PO2345, and anyone else who regularly practices'selective reading): Manu is definitely crazy talented. It's a shame that he decided to make exploitation and acting such a huge part of his game,because he doesn't NEED to resort to that. It's not like he's terrible, and the only way he can get buckets is by flopping and throwing himself allover the place; it's not like he NEEDS to bait the refs into calls all the time.

Dude is good.

And actually, I guess it's fitting that the award goes to one of the best floppers in the game, because at least, SOMEONE in the game who is known bynearly ALL non-Spurs fans and non-Argentina fans as a flopper will e getting an award, and that's the way it should be. The refs in today's game are sofreaking terrible that the players in today's game know that if they force these dimwitted refs into calls, most of the time the refs are going to beclueless about what just really happened, so they're going to honor the guy on the floor.

I guess it's not ENTIRELY Manu's fault for realizing that, and realizing that he needs to be that guy on the floor.

P.S. I'd be remiss if I neglected saying this: that was NOT an anti-Spurs response. Get your head out of your butt and realize that was an anti-MANUresponse. That had NOTHING to do with the Spurs and EVERYTHING to do with Manu. Think. Thanks.

^ Look guys, Ska the Spurs hater is in the house.
roll.gif

All jokes Ska, I hear what you sayin.
wink.gif

lol @ you're really going out of your way to discredit him. i kept quiet last time you ranted like an alzheimer's patient about manu/spurs, butyou're hell bent with your campaign to discredit his accomplishment and contributions. the occasional "flop" and using the rules to one'sadvantage make him less than worthy of recognition? if so, let's apply the same reasoning to the many other nba players who use a similar strategy to theirfavor.

that being said, NONE of what you mention erases and/or nullifies the things he's done and will continue to do for his team or gauge how integral he is tothe spurs' success over the last 5-6 years.

check his resume -- i can't imagine that you wouldn't be aware of his long list of awards, but your fixation with only one thing -- his flopping -- ismaking it seem that way. he's one of the most well-regarded and awarded players in europe, the us and latin america for his contributions to each -- theonly payer to win the euroleague, nba championship and gold olympic medal. how many other players can say the same? how many players can claim 4 championshipsalone with their nba team?

but he flops and gets calls once in a while, so none of that matters. c'mon man, you're sticking out like a sore thumb.

2nvrz3a.jpg

smh @ this dude getting award dude started a dumb amount of games this year
and Terry came in 3rd???? dude was a starter until JKidd got there...
SMH @ jr smith being so low on the list

NBA AWARDS= RIGGED just like everything else with the nba.

laugh.gif
Jason Terry hasn't started that many games. As far as my dude Manu goes, he's becoming the KAJ of this award man,
laugh.gif
. Deserves it though,
pimp.gif

No other sport has an award like 6th man because as someone stated earlier, the 6th man is way more important than any other bench position in sports. Youcan't win in the nba without a 6th man.

The top 3 is right. But after that...
roll.gif
at the people getting votes. Ismell some bias voters.

how many players can claim 4 championships alone with their nba team?
Manu can't. He wasn't there for the first.

Manu fan or not, it's plain to see that he cheats the game by manipulating plays to get calls.

He plays recklessly and gets the benefit of the doubt, knowing exactly what it takes to get away with less-than-honest tactics.

And NO, I'm not a Manu hater.

Seeing how outlandish it is to have a 6th man award, why not have a Vlade Divac Award as well?

Manu is only playing within the current rules of the game. Derek Fisher does his fair share of flopping. Flopping is like a gun, how you feel about it dependson which end of it you're standing.

I'm a fan of his but agree that him winning the sixth man award is silly. He is clearly a first option player, but chooses to come off the bench.

me:
I refuse to comment.

(Take THAT KanyeWestJayZ4Life and PO2345).
laugh.gif

Yeah right.

It's a shame that this flopping, Oscar-worthy goon is going to be awarded, and it's a shame that he's a Spur. Iceman and David Robinson have more talent in each of their pinkies than Ginobili has in his entire body.

And I've said this before (but apparently it gets passed over by guys like KanyeWestJayZ4Life, PO2345, and anyone else who regularly practices 'selective reading): Manu is definitely crazy talented. It's a shame that he decided to make exploitation and acting such a huge part of his game, because he doesn't NEED to resort to that. It's not like he's terrible, and the only way he can get buckets is by flopping and throwing himself all over the place; it's not like he NEEDS to bait the refs into calls all the time.

Dude is good.

And actually, I guess it's fitting that the award goes to one of the best floppers in the game, because at least, SOMEONE in the game who is known by nearly ALL non-Spurs fans and non-Argentina fans as a flopper will be getting an award, and that's the way it should be. The refs in today's game are so freaking terrible that the players in today's game know that if they force these dimwitted refs into calls, most of the time the refs are going to be clueless about what just really happened, so they're going to honor the guy on the floor.

I guess it's not ENTIRELY Manu's fault for realizing that, and realizing that he needs to be that guy on the floor.

P.S. I'd be remiss if I neglected saying this: that was NOT an anti-Spurs response. Get your head out of your butt and realize that was an anti-MANU response. That had NOTHING to do with the Spurs and EVERYTHING to do with Manu. Think. Thanks.
If you're not going to include those two parts (and the HUNDREDS of other statements I've made that credit Manu for being an awesometalent), then I have no response for you.

And if your only response is 'That doesn't count, because you probably don't mean it' or ANYTHING similar to that: I have no response for you(I'm looking at you, ultra).
wink.gif

P.S. I already mentioned that in the eyes of Spurs fans and Argentina fans, he can do no wrong. And sure enough, the first reply directed at me is made by...an Argentina fan.
laugh.gif

Dude is talented.
And one of the BEST floppers in the game.

Find me half-dozen guys on here that disagree, and are neither a Spurs fan OR an Argentina fan.

* shots fired *

my ginobili radar is gonna be working overtime these next few weeks so be on your best behaviour. i'm coming for you, ska!

hey, what can i say? he's my fellow countryman and i'm proud of that rat bastard for doing it real big in the nba. to me, the fact that some/many havecontempt for him means he's doing the right things for his team's success. until they initiate some rule to prohibit the behaviour, which some claimdetrimental to the game (which i think would be difficult to implement anyway), he's doing what's expected of him. anyone would love to have him ontheir team.

This thread reeks of xenophobia. Congrats Manu, you're clearly the best 6th man in the league.

Ginobli winning is a joke.

Not because he's not talented but because the way the system is set up.

The guy is San Antonio's leading scorer and the only reason why he's not a starter is because he feels bettercoming off the bench. Ginobli plays starter minutes and should not be classified as a sixth man.

6th man of the year award should be based on minutes played and there should be a cap. I don't know why it's not setup like that

maybe Kobe can sit out the first 3 minutes of each game so he can win an award
laugh.gif

damn didnt really think you could hate in dude ... he plays that style on the pickup court that you cant stand to play against but love when hes on your team... hes a beast, bottom line

6th man award is gonna be the same every year now. It's going to come down to the same people, Ginobili, Barbosa, and Terry or Stackhouse.

I read through the responses in this thread... and any thread hating on Bowen or Ginobili... and I can't help but laugh at the fact that nearly EVERYONEhates on those two, but only I get static for it.
laugh.gif

People will say blanket statements to address everyone else, like "I don't know how everyone can hate on him" or "Why do y'all hate theSpurs?", but when I say something... the same thing everyone else is saying... people want to specifically quote me, and make me out to be completely outof my mind.
roll.gif

ohwell.gif
ultrasur1:
* shots fired *

my ginobili radar is gonna be working overtime these next few weeks so be on your best behaviour. i'm coming for you, ska!
Good, because you actually know how to have a sensible debate without sticking to false assumptions, making things personal ("Oh my gosh, howare you a moderator?" and "Do you like arguing online with 13 year olds?", both of which just show that the person saying them hasn't gotmuch of a footing), or finding some other way to make my argument seem like the worst thing anyone has ever typed.

'Bout time someone who knows how to freaking debate decides to set sights on an argument of mine.
laugh.gif

ultrasur1:
hey, what can i say? he's my fellow countryman and i'm proud of that rat bastard for doing it real big in the nba. to me, the fact that some/many have contempt for him means he's doing the right things for his team's success. until they initiate some rule to prohibit the behaviour, which some claim detrimental to the game (which i think would be difficult to implement anyway), he's doing what's expected of him. anyone would love to have him on their team.
I hear you, bro. Nothing wrong with that.

However, I wouldn't say I would 'love' to have him on my team, though.
laugh.gif
My disdain for him is nowhere... NOWHERE... near where it was for Malone, and I definitely didn't 'love' him on my team. The best Ican say is... I didn't mind. He's already o.k. with coming off the bench, so I 'wouldn't mind' having him come off the bench as our backup2 guard.

Back
Top Bottom