Marbury's Days In New York Numbered? Update: Leaves the team?

Woodside718 wrote:
DonnieDarko67:
I hear theres word that Marbury is on a plane going to Los Angeles.

source please?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11142007/sports/knicks/la_bound_473944.htm
According to an e-mail to The Post from Stephon Marbury this morning, the Knicks' AWOL point guard is on his way to Los Angeles to join the Knicks for tonight's game against the Clippers.

The Knicks have fined Marbury almost $200,000 for bolting from the team Tuesday, though Marbury claimed he had permission to return to New York.

The Knicks would not confirm Marbury was headed to rejoin the team.

Hilarious Situation up there in NY
laugh.gif

well i hope those reports are true and steph just comes back and plays basketball. guess he noticed that his pockets was going to get crazy hurt if he keptmissing games
laugh.gif
. before the season started everyone was saying that the knicks need to come out strong for the first month and win but look what is upon usnow
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I gotta co-sign that....a lot of people letting their hate for Marbury get in the way of actually formulating an objective viewpoint/opinion...

Yeah son people are just labeling dude as selfish and saying he just left the team without looking at what REALLY happened and what he REALLY is madabout.

And why would people believe anything that comes out of Zeke's mouth to begin with? Dude is one of the more two-faced individuals in sports...both on andoff the court....there are ALWAYS two sides to every story...let this one play out, THEN formulate your opinion....

ok now i'm hearing he had an excuse from coach thomas to leave the team. the media have their own lil hypebeats hyping stuff up

1. Marbury is an absolute cancer, and a damn fool to boot.
2. Isaiah has no spine.

LOS ANGELES - The New York Knicks began to rise from theirlocker-room seats Wednesday evening, stretching their legs one last time before running onto the Staples Center court to face the Los Angeles Clippers, when a voice came from the back corner of the room.

"I want you guys to know I'm sorry," Stephon Marburysaid, "for everything you've had to go through the past couple days."

The players turned to look at Marbury, waiting to hear if the Knicks' prodigal point guard had anything to add. Over the previous 48 hours, Marbury hadthreatened to "bury" his coach; left the team in Phoenix to fly home to New York; reportedly incurred a team-issued fine worth just under $200,000;and, finally, jetted back across the country to Los Angeles to rejoin his teammates.

Marbury, however, stayed quiet. He hadn't even bothered to stand up to issue his brief apology.
This is what the Knicks had come to expect from their$20 million star. The size of the gesture didn't matter as much as its lack of sincerity.
And that's why, less than 24 hours earlier, when Isiah Thomas dispatched Jamal Crawford to find out how the players would react if and when Marburyrejoined the team, all of them voted against allowing him to play. Thomas, according to one person who spoke with Crawford, had pledged to hold out Marbury ifeven a single Knick didn't want him on the court.

So how did Thomas react to the team's unanimous vote?

He sat Marbury until late in the first quarter then played him nearly 34 of the game's remaining 39 minutes.

And that's why, less than 24 hours earlier, when Isiah Thomas dispatched Jamal Crawford to find out how the players would react if and when Marbury rejoined the team, all of them voted against allowing him to play. Thomas, according to one person who spoke with Crawford, had pledged to hold out Marbury if even a single Knick didn't want him on the court.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
If true

Back
Top Bottom