Marcus Jordan:NO ONE should EVER com par kobe Bryant to my dad

I think its very weird that people seem to hate kobe because of the comparisons that are made to MJ.

Funny thing is, i dont think kobe makes these comparisons, dude looked up to him. So people are hating kobe because other fans are making comparisons??? not actually hating kobe for the things he does?

doesnt make sense to me .

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Why can't people just accept Kobe for who he is. That's how you know you're doing it big, when people have to constantly dig up something to take away from your legacy; in this case its salty mj supporters pulling up the stats of a guy who retired 7 years ago.

It's hard to accept Kobe of who he is because we don't really know who he is! His game is a carbon copy of MJs so that's y he is so easily compared to MJ. Honestly I think LeBron is the best OVERALL player in the league, but since he is a hybrid of Magic, Mike, Oscar his game is different from Mike and Kobe...That's y I think Kobe gets the MJ comparisons all the time.

How is this thread still going?

Anyone who has watched basketball post-1984 knows that Jordan is better than Bryant.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Why can't people just accept Kobe for who he is. That's how you know you're doing it big, when people have to constantly dig up something to take away from your legacy; in this case its salty mj supporters

QFT. Guys like jonny25 who were 4 years old when jordan was in his prime actin like they saw him play in his prime and sounding real stalkerish like like MJ promised to marry them if they kept his legacy alive.

I have probably been the most critical laker fan towards kobe bryant on here but even i know all these mj obsessed dudes are a bunch of salty haters.

two different players. there is no fact of who is the goat based on it ALWAYS being a matter of opinion. different eras. different generations. like the greatest movie of all time. the greatest song of all time. its ALL based on a matter of opinion.

like i said before its sad to see 20 and 30 year old MEN acting this way.

imo MJ is the goat. the only way i see kobe being better than him is to do things jordan hasnt done such as appearing in MORE finals than jordan, winning more rings than jordan, etc. and all u guys saying well so and so has more ring than this guy and blah blah blah, you also have to look at it talent wise or else robert horry would be in the say for goat.

guys are quick to point out the shooting percentage...fact is MJ didnt shoot many 3's at all. dude wasnt good at that at all. kobe is a better 3 point shooter than him. a guy who shoots more 3's is naturally gonna have a lower shooting percentage. 

it is ALL based on opinion. The quicker dudes learn that the quicker they stop acting like them and Jordan are going steady....

Jordan has put in his work and now he's done. Jordan knows no one is seeing him and he said so at his HOF speech 'There will be no other Michael Jordan!" Dude went from being a player mind you - to having ownership of a brand valued at $550 million and is the principal owner of a franchise valued at $278 million. That's over $800 million in assets alone! I don't think he's worried about anyone seeing his legacy.

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

Jordan has put in his work and now he's done. Jordan knows no one is seeing him and he said so at his HOF speech 'There will be no other Michael Jordan!" Dude went from being a player mind you - to having ownership of a brand valued at $550 million and is the principal owner of a franchise valued at $278 million. That's over $800 million in assets alone! I don't think he's worried about anyone seeing his legacy as an arrogant jerk and @*% hole.

fixed for you. you can have all the accolades and money in the world but none of that is gonna take away what kind of person you are...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Jordan has put in his work and now he's done. Jordan knows no one is seeing him and he said so at his HOF speech 'There will be no other Michael Jordan!" Dude went from being a player mind you - to having ownership of a brand valued at $550 million and is the principal owner of a franchise valued at $278 million. That's over $800 million in assets alone! I don't think he's worried about anyone seeing his legacy as an arrogant jerk and @*% hole.

fixed for you. you can have all the accolades and money in the world but none of that is gonna take away what kind of person you are...
And Kobe isnt?

Originally Posted by swishasweets

And Kobe isnt?

Jordan was 20 times as much of a jerk then Kobe was/is.  Jordan had the luxury of playing most of his career in the 80's and early 90's before youtube, tmz, and everything else. plus Jordan knew how to work the media, give them a smile, say what they want you to say, and they would never post anything about his bad side.

it doesn't take anything away from his accomplishments on the basketball court because he's still the goat imo but it is what it is. some dudes put the man on a pedastal on here.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by swishasweets

And Kobe isnt?

Jordan was 20 times as much of a jerk then Kobe was/is.  Jordan had the luxury of playing most of his career in the 80's and early 90's before youtube, tmz, and everything else. plus Jordan knew how to work the media, give them a smile, say what they want you to say, and they would never post anything about his bad side.

it doesn't take anything away from his accomplishments on the basketball court because he's still the goat imo but it is what it is. some dudes put the man on a pedastal on here.
so now we're playing "you're a bigger jerk than me"?

I really don't understand why I keep seeing/hearing this Kobe vs Jordan argument wherever I go nowadays. If you know basketball it should be blatantly obvious that Money is greater than Kobe, simple as that. I am a HUGE fan of both of them, but most ppl nowadays just seem to add fire to the argument in attempt to that some of the light away from Kobe. I rarely see anyone even say Kobe is better.

Regardless of the comparisons Kobe WILL be one of the absolute greatest players this game will ever see. The overlying fact is just that Jordan will always be the gold standard. Let this argument rest if you know who's better and give it a rest trying to add to an unnecessary argument.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Man yall would be shooting terrible too if you had the M-F-ing Celtics squad defending you. are yall just going to ignore their defensive strategies. wow there defense was terrific.

No damn defense that MJ played against in the Finals was as great as the Celtics. Celtics>>>>>>>>>>>>>any team Jordan played.

i loved MJ too, i still think he is the greatest, but some of you just just bad mouth kobe.

People seem to forget MJ would be guarded by, Russel
laugh.gif
, Majerlie (sp?) and some old Lakers.

and this is NT, so obviously evryone is on Mikes D

^

yes we are mr. celtic fan, yes we are. because dudes on here give mj a free pass for stuff they crucify kobe and other players for on.
You sir make a valid point touché

EDIT: I doubt we would give MJ a pass on the Lebron and Orlando scandal... Or would we?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

^

yes we are mr. celtic fan, yes we are. because dudes on here give mj a free pass for stuff they crucify kobe and other players for on.
The reason majority of people give MJ a pass because he's being himself.  MJ has never acted fake or did something just for the media and thats what I feel people appreciate.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

^

The reason majority of people give MJ a pass because he's being himself.  MJ has never acted fake or did something just for the media and thats what I feel people appreciate.

Jordan had the media, Nike and a movie to give him a positive image. If MJ played in todays era then his gambling, womanizing and attitude would of been more exposed and scrutinized. If Space Jam was an accurate portrayal of MJ then he would of punched Daffy Duck, called Buggs a flaming F-word for a gay slur and had Lola Bunny waiting in his hotel after all night gambling with Yosemite Sam.

Jordan showed his real side during his HOF speech and people were shocked.

^^

Oh please stop.

Most people couldnt give a damn about MJ's personality.

He gets a pass because he was GREAT on the court, and athletes werent as scrutinized as they are now.

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Originally Posted by eeibaby

^

Jordan had the media, Nike and a movie to give him a positive image. If MJ played in todays era then his gambling, womanizing and attitude would of been more exposed and scrutinized. If Space Jam was an accurate portrayal of MJ then he would of punched Daffy Duck, called Buggs a flaming F-word for a gay slur and had Lola Bunny waiting in his hotel after all night gambling with Yosemite Sam.

Jordan showed his real side during his HOF speech and people were shocked.

Lulz

If Space Jam was an accurate portrayal of MJ then he would of punched Daffy Duck, called Buggs a flaming F-word for a gay slur and had Lola Bunny waiting in his hotel after all night gambling with Yosemite Sam.

Pretty accurate, but at least he still wouldn't have demanded a trade from the Looney Tunes and would only stay on the team after they traded Stan Podolak for the orange Monstar.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

If Space Jam was an accurate portrayal of MJ then he would of punched Daffy Duck, called Buggs a flaming F-word for a gay slur and had Lola Bunny waiting in his hotel after all night gambling with Yosemite Sam.

Pretty accurate, but at least he still wouldn't have demanded a trade from the Looney Tunes and would only stay on the team after they traded Stan Podolak for the orange Monstar.
If the Looney Tunes were not to give him that 30 one year million contract, MJ would have signed over to the MonStars.

Back
Top Bottom