Marcus Jordan:NO ONE should EVER com par kobe Bryant to my dad

Originally Posted by MJsaver

While Shaq obviously was the 1st option, Kobe was far from Robin.

That was as close to 1a & 1b as humanly possible.....They needed each other.

What Kobe has done since Shaq left and their stats during the 3peat years show that.

Downgrading either 1 of them to big up the other is silly.

lol ray allen and pierce are closer to 1a and 1b than kobe and shaq

and shaq was the first option on that team. i watched ever playoff game they played (and most of the national tv reg. season games) from them getting swept in utah in '98 and losing to detroit in '04.

when la consistently got the ball to shaq they couldnt be stopped. but once kobe started jackin up shots they would lose their lead.

and kobe def. shot them out of that detroits series in '04

go back and watch that series,they couldnt stop shaq,he was bodying anybody on detroit down low

but they wouldnt give him the ball enough,and kobe was jackin up a lot of bricks.

Finals- no argument Shaq was the dude when going against Rik Smits, Todd McCollough, and Dikembe Mutumbo.

But the journey leading up to it: regular season and playoffs, Kobe was just as important. Just look at their stats starting from the 2001 season/postseason. Not to mention Kobe was the go to guy late in games. Shaq was a MONSTER in the Finals and great in the playoffs as well, but the real meat of those Laker runs was during the West playoffs where Kobe was just as much of a factor in LA's success as Shaq was.

Im thinking a lot of peole didnt watch the 3-peat times and just think Kobe was there.
laugh.gif
Kobe was schooling people and what not.

Shaq went up against Smitts, Dikembe (sp?) and new jerseys center
laugh.gif
obviously his numbers were going to be super high. some of you guys are stupid.

Do you guys just skip his first 2-3 years where he had a veteran team and a Shaq coming into his prime??? Obviously he would take more time to mature and not be a leader unlike Mike who had the team given to him.

roll.gif
at Shaq carrying Kobe hahahahahahhaha OMG thats such a stupid statement.

he made it to the finals in what '95? and what got swept, yea ok with a penny.

finally won after 8 years when we had Vets like Harp, Shaw, Horry, Fox, Rice, a star in Kobe who was the youngest in all-star game, Phil Jackson who just joined the team.

wow people just throw stuff out there.

Now people getting salty becasue he copied MJs game
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

They couldnt stop shaq???
indifferent.gif
did yall watch that detroit series?? this man was getting bodied by freikn Ben Wallace. Kind of bull is that. Detroit had super tight glue D that year anyways.

not trying to get caught up in this argument but 9 pages in and everyone's acting like scottie pippen never existed? he was arguably a top 5 player during several of those bulls championships.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

What Kobe has done since Shaq left and their stats during the 3peat years show that.

Again, another Kobe fan in denial.  Perhaps you haven't heard the saying........."There can only be One".  With that in mind in the case of a team or group there always the main leader and then the person that under that person............ie Batman and Robin.  Shaq was Batman and Kobe was Robin, why is that hard for you dudes to understand/accept??  It is what it is.
You should be regulated to the music forum only, stick to defendin Hov....

After that garbage u posted in the hater thread about the Lakers title from last year meaning nothin because they beat Orlando, youre obviously a fool or blinded by hate.

Whats hard for you to understand??...I said Shaq was def the 1st option...I never downgraded his importance.

If Kobe was truly Robin, you think he couldve led another team to 3 straight finals...??

Sidekicks dont do that, Franchise Players do.......It just so happens the Lakers had 2 Franchise Players on those teams.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by crobers 78

Originally Posted by luxurious24

Kobe winnin more titles is not goin put him past jordan, bill russell has wt 11 rings, is he better than jordan, no, wat jordan did and how he did it makes his legacy far greater than anyone elses, past, present, and future.

Thanks for posting this. Someone with critical thinking skills, finally! Why would you include Rings in your debate anyway if you know dam well you have to mention shaq as being the anchor for 3 of them? smh, silly! Let daniel son win 9 Stern, who cares. He is not on nor will he ever be on MJ's level.
Exactly, alot of these Kobe fans really dig themselves their own hole when they bring up rings in comparison to MJ and Kobe.  I said this before and I'll say it again, Michael Jordan during his entire career with the Bulls played the role of Batman.........NEVER Robin.  Kobe on the other hand played the role of Robin for the first half of his career and the first 3 rings he Shaq got for him.  That right there tells you everything you need to know.
Kobe's numbers in those playoff runs are a lot better than you think they are. The teams could go to either one on any given night and still come away victorious.

Yet another Kobe fan in denial.........
laugh.gif
.  I'm going to tell you one more time just like I have told others on here.  Shaq was THE anchor for the first 3 championships that the Lakers won during Shaq and Kobe's tenure together.  It doesn't really matter what numbers Kobe was able to put up during that time because Shaq was the main guy during that 3-peat run, again Shaq was Batman and Kobe was Robin.  Facts is facts, and that's just the way it is.  I know alot of you Kobe fans want to try and rewrite history and want to purposely forget about Shaq and what he did for the Lakers and even for Kobe himself.  Be clear, the picture below is a great indication of what Shaq did for Kobe for the first 3 rings, as Shaq literally carried Kobe during their time together.................... 
I'm not a Kobe fan
eyes.gif

Again, another Kobe fan in denial.  Perhaps you haven't heard the saying........."There can only be One".  With that in mind in the case of a team or group there always the main leader and then the person that under that person............ie Batman and Robin.  Shaq was Batman and Kobe was Robin, why is that hard for you dudes to understand/accept??  It is what it is.

After that garbage u posted in the hater thread about the Lakers title from last year meaning nothin because they beat Orlando, youre obviously a fool or blinded by hate.

Whats hard for you to understand??...I said Shaq was def the 1st option...I never downgraded his importance.

If Kobe was truly Robin, you think he couldve led another team to 3 straight finals...??

Sidekicks dont do that, Franchise Players do.......It just so happens the Lakers had 2 Franchise Players on those teams.

...........and I strongly advise you leave the Sports Forum...........matter of fact Niketalk alone for awhile as it's quite clear to see that your still in the process of learning some things.  Nothing wrong with that though champ, gotta crawl before you walk.  Again, going with the Batman/Robin analogy Kobe finally became Batman after he snitched/got Shaq booted out of L.A.  Beforehand though, make no mistake about it, while Shaq was in L.A. Kobe was Robin and Shaq was Batman as you pointed to earlier by saying Shaq was the 1st option.  While Shaq was in L.A. he won a regular season MVP award and 3 Finals MVP awards, while Robin/Kobe wasn't able to achieve any of that until Shaq departed.  That's says it all.  Nothing wrong with being second in command, gotta have a Vice President, which is what Kobe was back then.  Kobe is running the show now though, and doing a great job at it.

I'm not a Kobe fan
eyes.gif

That's good to hear champ, we NEED more like you around these parts
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

not trying to get caught up in this argument but 9 pages in and everyone's acting like scottie pippen never existed? he was arguably a top 5 player during several of those bulls championships.
QFT.
All these Jordan fans coming out the woodwork acting like he won 6 championships by himself
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Scottie was voted one of the 50th greatest players to ever play the game after 10 seasons...

Just because Shaq was the head honcho on the team does not mean that Kobe was just along for the ride. He was that perimeter player who complemented Shaq's game so well...
You don't have to hate on a player to believe that another player's legacy is greater.

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

QFT.
All these Jordan fans coming out the woodwork acting like he won 6 championships by himself
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Scottie was voted one of the 50th greatest players to ever play the game after 10 seasons...

Just because Shaq was the head honcho on the team does not mean that Kobe was just along for the ride. He was that perimeter player who complemented Shaq's game so well...
You don't have to hate on a player to believe that another player's legacy is greater.

......and with that being said Pippen is one of the 50 greatest players in NBA history and Shaq is one of the 50 greatest players in NBA history as well, but Shaq is Top 5 in NBA history as far as most dominating players.  With that being said it's quite clear to see the Batman--Jordan had alot less help than Robin--Kobe during both their individual championship runs. 

Scottie only also led the Jordan-Less Bulls to the ECF in a close series to the Knicks...

You are right, Kobe did carry them a lot of times during the run...Give him credit for it. It's part of the reason he despised Shaq. Shaq was lazy could give a %$%! about the regular season and only waited for the playoffs to start playing hard. But at the end of the day, there needs to be 1 guy.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ the guy mentioning Dikembe Mutumbo like he's a bowling pin, dude was Defensive MVP that year.

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

QFT.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

......and with that being said Pippen is one of the 50 greatest players in NBA history and Shaq is one of the 50 greatest players in NBA history as well, but Shaq is Top 5 in NBA history as far as most dominating players.  With that being said it's quite clear to see the Batman--Jordan had alot less help than Robin--Kobe during both their individual championship runs. 

Jordan had less help during his individual championship run than Kobe's had the past two seasons?

Just going off the Bulls' 96-98 teams, Pippen is better than anyone Kobe has ever played with except for Shaq.  Toni Kukoc is probably as good as Odom.  Rodman is infinitely better than Artest, he would single handedly take the other team's best big man out of the game.  Ron Harper went on to start with and win a championship with the Lakers at the end of his career.  Jordan had him in his prime.  Steve Kerr was better than any of the guards the Lakers have coming off the bench.  Bynum's great and all for the 13 minutes a game he gives them when he's NOT out hurt.

Aside from Gasol, what player on those Lakers' teams gives Kobe a LOT more help than Jordan had?

...........and I strongly advise you leave the Sports Forum...........matter of fact Niketalk alone for awhile as it's quite clear to see that your still in the process of learning some things.  Nothing wrong with that though champ, gotta crawl before you walk.  Again, going with the Batman/Robin analogy Kobe finally became Batman after he snitched/got Shaq booted out of L.A.  Beforehand though, make no mistake about it, while Shaq was in L.A. Kobe was Robin and Shaq was Batman as you pointed to earlier by saying Shaq was the 1st option.  While Shaq was in L.A. he won a regular season MVP award and 3 Finals MVP awards, while Robin/Kobe wasn't able to achieve any of that until Shaq departed.  That's says it all.  Nothing wrong with being second in command, gotta have a Vice President, which is what Kobe was back then.  Kobe is running the show now though, and doing a great job at it.        
Exactly, i never said Kobe was the 1st option so what was your problem with my original post.???
How would i be in denial, if im admittin Shaq was the 1st option.???
I guess in your rush to bring Kobe down a few notches you missed that part.

I just disagree with the Robin analogy........Robin was a piece of $#@*..
laugh.gif

Like Bill Walton once said

Jordan + Pippen = Batman and RObin
Shaq + Kobe = Batman + Superman

Well all I know is Batman+Superman+ Karl Malone+ Gary Payton got the floor mopped up on them by the Detroit Pistons in 04. It sure is funny how Batman showed up and got his numbers in 04 but Superman was NOWHERE to be found and he was playing with 3 Hall of Famers! I guess it felt so good he decided not to show up in 08 either!

Deuce King is the same cat who said the Pats championships don't count because they only won them buy a field goal :llol

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Deuce King is the same cat who said the Pats championships don't count because they only won them buy a field goal :llol

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  I remember them threads. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  That stuff was crazy. 

I dunno why everybody worries so much, when Kobe is done in 3-4 years, he'll be the second greatest player of all time.  *shrugs*  Nothin wrong with that at all. 

Let the man finish his career.  Then we can worry about what Mike's kids say. 

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Im thinking a lot of peole didnt watch the 3-peat times and just think Kobe was there.
laugh.gif
Kobe was schooling people and what not.

Shaq went up against Smitts, Dikembe (sp?) and new jerseys center
laugh.gif
obviously his numbers were going to be super high. some of you guys are stupid.

Do you guys just skip his first 2-3 years where he had a veteran team and a Shaq coming into his prime??? Obviously he would take more time to mature and not be a leader unlike Mike who had the team given to him.

roll.gif
at Shaq carrying Kobe hahahahahahhaha OMG thats such a stupid statement.

he made it to the finals in what '95? and what got swept, yea ok with a penny.

finally won after 8 years when we had Vets like Harp, Shaw, Horry, Fox, Rice, a star in Kobe who was the youngest in all-star game, Phil Jackson who just joined the team.

wow people just throw stuff out there.

Now people getting salty becasue he copied MJs game
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

They couldnt stop shaq???
indifferent.gif
did yall watch that detroit series?? this man was getting bodied by freikn Ben Wallace. Kind of bull is that. Detroit had super tight glue D that year anyways.

lmao

he averaged 26.6 points on 63% percent shooting.  

is 63% shooting not good enough!?!   lol

you obviously didnt watch any of those games.

go youtube it

no one on detroit could stop shaq.

lakers just didnt give him the ball enough

half these haters arent even michael jordan fans... just 15 year olds who rock retro jordans and still dont get laid.

your fake '99 retro jordan 4s < kobe

get over it.  so much hate for a dude who has been to the finals 7 times in 11 years and won 5 times. 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

seriously yall act like kobe himself said he is better than jordan. who cares if mike is better than kobe. as long as kobe didnt say anything then nobody should get all butthurt if someone brings up the argument of kobe vs jordan. relax. btw i bet half of NT hasnt even seen jordan play

^ So what do you think daniel son was saying when he randomly decided to switch his jersey # to 24, huh buddy? smh dude is a prick. #8 should be paying the most homage, respect and admiration to MJ more than any other player in the league. This is an unwritten rule when you attempt to bite another's whole style and call him up and ask him how to do moves, ijs!

Daniel? who is daniel? But anyways, just cuz a dude changed his number doesnt mean anything against jordan. Seriously shutup.  There isnt a rule where you can change your number that is above jordan. Jordan isnt GOD. He didnt make basketball. Theres generations of basketball players who were the foundation of this sport. Jordan copied many other players moves as well so i dont know where your going with this argument. Log off.

Its pretty sad how so many people are blinded by pure hatred of this man kobe. Like let the man play, you guys never get over this argument. At the end of the day, NOBODY cares about what NT thinks. Kobe is a great player, the best player since Jordan. Let the man play and finish his career

seriously yall act like kobe himself said he is better than jordan. who cares if mike is better than kobe. as long as kobe didnt say anything then nobody should get all butthurt if someone brings up the argument of kobe vs jordan. relax. btw i bet half of NT hasnt even seen jordan play

^ So what do you think daniel son was saying when he randomly decided to switch his jersey # to 24, huh buddy? smh dude is a prick. #8 should be paying the most homage, respect and admiration to MJ more than any other player in the league. This is an unwritten rule when you attempt to bite another's whole style and call him up and ask him how to do moves, ijs!

Daniel? who is daniel? But anyways, just cuz a dude changed his number doesnt mean anything against jordan. Seriously shutup.  There isnt a rule where you can change your number that is above jordan. Jordan isnt GOD. He didnt make basketball. Theres generations of basketball players who were the foundation of this sport. Jordan copied many other players moves as well so i dont know where your going with this argument. Log off.
you change numbers to make more money...

smart business 101, crobers son

this dude crobers is either marcus or jeffery jordan, or maybe even jasmine jordan the way he's been riding Mike in this thread.

there's a difference between defending someone and slurping someone.

that's all i have to say.

Somebody in this thread is more butthurt than Marcus.

that one dude sounds like coach hubie up in here... hmmmmm....

seriously who the #+#* uses the term daniel son??? same person who uses the term burger. cornball terms
laugh.gif

teh way some of u dudes in here defending mj career i swear u would let him take a ++!% in your mouth if there was no toilet in sight
laugh.gif

so if someone said wilt chamberlain was the greatest nobody could say anything...lol

Wow ya'll downplaying Shaqs dominance big time. This dude was destroying entire frontlines on some scorched earth #%* paving the way for Kobe to get in the lane to get his +16 4th quarter points after coasting. Mind you Kobe wasn't half the player he is now during the threepeat. If a "1b" Kobe @ 22 was raking in rings then why the missed playoffs & 1st round exits after Shaqs departure? We can all agree that Kobe was a much better player after Shaq left but he was losing. What I'm saying is when I watch Kobe @ 22 I see a player that was slightly better than JR Smith now
laugh.gif
There is no doubt in my mind that Shaq carried those squads. Arguing that is asinine.

Nothing to do with Jordan but I just can't root for Kobe. He has been very fortunate his entire career. IMO if he had gone to bad situation he wouldn't have fared much better than alot of his peers. We would be calling him a career loser like AI or Tmac. I
smh.gif
when I see "Laker" fans sing him all these praises after he held the franchise hostage with that no trade clause and flirted with the Clippers. No Loyalty. Don't tell me KG enjoyed losing all those years in Minnesota (
sick.gif
) By that point he was a veteran in the game, how about making your team better from within? Nah, threw Bynum under the bus didn't show trust in Odom etc. Then they get Gasol and #%* is all hunky dory. WOW, to me those actions shouldn't be rewarded with declarations that he is head and shoulders above Duncan, Shaq, KG, LeBron, AI et al.

Back
Top Bottom