The pretension.
You expected anything else from him?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I think sports has a fan problem. 

There is no other subject more accessible to an idiot than sports.

HankMoody wrote:

So much of the sports world wants soap operas and gossip instead of actual analysis. Take a look around just this message board. We get the media we deserve. 
laugh.gif
 The pretension.

I'm sayin
laugh.gif
, just be quiet and go look up some stats, funny how the non-athletes think they know sports better now a days. Stick to data entry plehboi

Hate on Skip all you want, but Cuban was just getting emotional. What he said was pretty stupid.

Yall think any time that someone gets out of line and insults someone that they are "sonning them".

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Hate on Skip all you want, but Cuban was just getting emotional. What he said was pretty stupid.

Yall think any time that someone gets out of line and insults someone that they are "sonning them".

I agree with this comment, people think that ignorance or insults/cursing is "sonning someone" or getting the best of someone is just plain dumb.

i used to like the format when it was 10 topics... first and ten style...

the weekly appearances by Stephen a Smith were dope... they added to show...

but when they switched it up to the ENTIRE SHOW... and had Stephen A on everyday...

it kind of turned me off...

EDIT: also... i dont think Cuban sonned him... I listened to the podcast, so i didnt have the visual to curb my thoughts...

Cuban made it seem like these guys dont feel the vibe and pressures...

of course no one's going to come out and end their lives... but Cuban made it seem like shame and embarrasment are feelings that we easily brush off...

there's a reason why so many guys fap, and why so many women wear make up... to avoid these types of feelings...

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Cuban wasn't insulting or coming at skip, he was low key flaming espns journalism tactics. The shows aside from a few DO argue in generalities, and use the vaguest of terms to back their points. At the end of the video, he said, if you switch up the general questions, you'll get better answers. I for one, don't want to hear Dorris Burke ask Scott brooks what they need to do better in the second half, or why are they down? IM WATCHING THE DAMN GAME, ask a tough question my lord.

^Yeah I agree with you on that. I really don't need any answers from a coach nor a player during timeouts or halftime. The questions are always obvious ones that anyone can answer for themselves.

Yeah what happened to ten topics thing i'm just realizing this now that you have brought it up.

Originally Posted by prison mike

The thing people don't understand is that skip does this on purpose. That's what his whole image is about now. His job is to bring in viewers, and that's what these ******ed statements do. Why do you think they reformatted First Take and it is only a debate show now?

I think SAS does watch games, but Skip I'm almost certain just looks at the final stat line in the morning.

What's sad is this trash is what's feeding the young minded sports fan and the casual fan. This board is a prime example of that. I am well aware the "media" only cares about ratings and that's exactly what these shows and shock jocks are created for. The bigger picture is you get a stupider, obnoxious fan talking completely out of their $!%. Cuban came to the table and showed both of those clowns what an educated sports fan thinks like.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

prison mike wrote:
The thing people don't understand is that skip does this on purpose. That's what his whole image is about now. His job is to bring in viewers, and that's what these ******ed statements do. Why do you think they reformatted First Take and it is only a debate show now?

I think SAS does watch games, but Skip I'm almost certain just looks at the final stat line in the morning.

What's sad is this trash is what's feeding the young minded sports fan and the casual fan. This board is a prime example of that. I am well aware the "media" only cares about ratings and that's exactly what these shows and shock jocks are created for. The bigger picture is you get a stupider, obnoxious fan talking completely out of their $!%. Cuban came to the table and showed both of those clowns what an educated sports fan thinks like.

John "Skip" Bauless has been a Sports writer since the 70's out of Dallas, its ok not to like the guy, but to discredit him like he doesnt know what he's talking about is ignorant and really short sided........ he has a man crush on Tebow and dislikes Lebron James, First Take is on of the HIGHEST RATED CABLE SHOWS IN THE MORNING............on ESPN 2........................Everyone who is happy that Mark Cuban gave a little self absorbed soliloquy on Sports Media needs to stop acting like Cuban wasnt a lil crybaby until he finally won a championship.............

.BTW I like how no one brought up how he froze up when he got called out about Lamar Odom and his "mentality", but of course, people only see word what they want to see, word to Bradley V. Pacquiao....

Skip is a troll, that's the reason he has a job. Whether he believes what he's saying or not, it gets ratings and gives him a job

I think it was when Cuban asked Skip why OKC (or Dallas) went to playing zone...

Skip: er em erm uh well er...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yea we know Skip doesn't know about basketball forreal. Last week he said something along the lines of Tyson Chandler being an offensive presence in the post. OFFENSIVE. They laughed at him.

Originally Posted by gambit215

prison mike wrote:

John "Skip" Bauless has been a Sports writer since the 70's out of Dallas, its ok not to like the guy, but to discredit him like he doesnt know what he's talking about is ignorant and really short sided........ he has a man crush on Tebow and dislikes Lebron James, First Take is on of the HIGHEST RATED CABLE SHOWS IN THE MORNING............on ESPN 2........................Everyone who is happy that Mark Cuban gave a little self absorbed soliloquy on Sports Media needs to stop acting like Cuban wasnt a lil crybaby until he finally won a championship.............

.BTW I like how no one brought up how he froze up when he got called out about Lamar Odom and his "mentality", but of course, people only see word what they want to see, word to Bradley V. Pacquiao....

All that crossing out you did still doesn't change the fact that Skip is a clown. IDGAF how long he's been writing, bottom line dude is a *$%%%%$ moron.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Skip is a troll, that's the reason he has a job. Whether he believes what he's saying or not, it gets ratings and gives him a job
Yup. Can't knock the hustle.

The good news is that I think First Take is done. Their hype peaked last year with LeBron's first year in Miami plus Tebow during football season. Ratings have been declining for months now and with Tebow not likely to start at QB again and LeBron finally winning, it's over for Skip Bayless. Of course he'll still try to stir something up but the hype has come to an end. People don't really check for him like they did at first...even the simple-minded folks that tuned in and took his opinions seriously 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gambit215

prison mike wrote:

egggggggzactly...

cuban didnt know what to say.

one thing i didnt like about Cuban's rant was him putting skip on the spot about having try to recall defensive schemes used last year to stop lebron. who the hell remembers that and can recall that?

If you can thats great, but S!!! i have a hard time recalling things in the Superbowl or some Cowboys game...idk +shrugs+ just seemed like a moment of "oo i got you" but S!!! he would have got a large portion of hte population as well.

Originally Posted by KMante

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Yup. Can't knock the hustle.

Yeah, you most definitely can't.

But what you can knock is bringing him up to begin with and giving him the exposure that he clearly doesn't deserve. I mean, it's so pathetic:

LeBron has a good game - someone starts commenting about what Skip will say even before the game is completely over
LeBron has a bad game (or rather, the Heat lose since Bron didn't really have a bad game these playoffs) - someone starts commenting about what Skip will say

Since when did he become an authority? Just leave him be and let him fade away to Bolivia.

Back
Top Bottom