Mark McGwire admits to using steroids in 1998

eek.gif
roll.gif

Hahahahaha.

Perfect timing with him being hired as a hitting coach.

It was breaking news on the local news here in socal.

Well it's about damn time. I guess he kind of had to admit it at some point since he's coaching now.

NEW YORK -- Mark McGwire finally came clean Monday, admitting he used steroids when he broke baseball's home run record in 1998.

McGwire said in a statement sent to The Associated Press on Monday that he used steroids on and off for nearly a decade.

"I wish I had never touched steroids," McGwire said in a statement. "It was foolish and it was a mistake. I truly apologize. Looking back, I wish I had never played during the steroid era."

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4816607

WFAN just broke this, Francesca is talking about it. NT is quick
laugh.gif

We all knew this though, nothing new.

[h2]McGwire admits steroids use[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Mark McGwire finally came clean Monday, admitting he used steroids when he broke baseball's home run record in 1998.

McGwire said in a statement sent to The Associated Press on Monday that he used steroids on and off for nearly a decade.

"I wish I had never touched steroids," McGwire said in a statement. "It was foolish and it was a mistake. I truly apologize. Looking back, I wish I had never played during the steroid era."

mcgwire274x374.jpg

I know it couldn't have been to admit but why now?

I guess ya past will always haunt you. A-Rod really set a standard for honesty but look at him now, he's pretty much beyond it.

Question is do any of you see him being in the hall of fame?

shocking
eyes.gif

i hope they indict everybody who lied. I don't know if they ever got him specifically lying under oath, but I am so annoyed by these idiots and theirblatant lying.

Smartest thing he could do. Now he finally can move on.

ESPN about to blow up their TV programming this week like this is the most shocking breaking news of the century.

Cards fan for life....anyone that didn't think he was on steroids was delusional...his arms were un-naturally large.

I still say it only makes you stronger...but doesn't help you get the bat on the ball (regarding home runs....ok, but who's to say he wouldn't getthe doubles or singles record??)

He will never go into the HOF now

Back
Top Bottom