Married Niketalkers, How much did your wedding cost you?

Originally Posted by sekim2detcidda

10k divorced after four years. wait to get married until you are at least 30.
no offense to you but people who say this bother me alot. I always got people telling me this because they thought blah blah blah. but in reality your situation is different than mine

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

no offense to you but people who say this bother me alot. I always got people telling me this because they thought blah blah blah. but in reality your situation is different than mine

yeah...I'm sure my 20's (if you are that old) were significantly more extraordinary than yours. The experiences I had, lifestyle I lived, etc. put me in the position I'm in now. to each his own brother.

I don't understand how people spend 80 racks for a wedding.

a lot of women want a Cinderella wedding and that makes it cost a whole lot.
good luck to y'all cats

I tend to agree with this. That doesn't mean that getting married in your 20's can't work b/c it definitely can. But life is long...enjoy your freedom as a young dude for awhile. Plenty of time later in life to settle down and do the wife/family thing. Also, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not the same dude now that I was at 25 or 26....people change more at that stage of life, as do their priorities. Marriage is a great thing but it can also be difficult at times and I feel like the younger you are, the less equipped you are to handle those rough times. Personally, I've seen a good amount of young heads I know rush into things only to be miserable a few years later. Take your time.

im asian... we give money for weddings, we came out a little extra after everything was said and done.. 14k?

My wedding was about 6k for everything. The most expensive thing was the reception. We refused to go over the top, even though we could. Harp players, Phantoms, Escalades, thousands of dollars on flowers, steak and lobster, you can miss me with that. Completely unnecessary.

Sorry to hear that Sekim...yours is the primary reason i don't want to spend all that bread to show out for folks for a couple hours. My fiancee and I have been together since 06 and have 2yo twin girls. I'm trying my best for the family. I'm 30 now and just proposed last month.

I would much rather get married at the church, ditch the wedding party and just spend like 2 stacks on a bomb #$% bbq reception. Then we can take the rest of that money toward our honeymoon.

I REALLY don't want to deal with the whole bridezilla thing either.

$15K for ours...all out of our own pockets besides a couple K's from our parents...our biggest expense was food and thats that we got a good deal on it considering were had a guest list for 350 and almost another 100 showed up lol. Mexican wedding, no RSVP 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by e22s

$15K for ours...all out of our own pockets besides a couple K's from our parents...our biggest expense was food and thats that we got a good deal on it considering were had a guest list for 350 and almost another 100 showed up lol. Mexican wedding, no RSVP 
ohwell.gif
I swear these numbers are ridiculous you must have a huge family
eek.gif

total my guess would be 15-20k (her parents matched us dollar for dollar)

my advice would be to separate classiness/tradition with the fun portion...

for my wedding we got married at the first church that was built in Hawaii, and had our first half of our reception at Queen Liliuokalani's home (we had to get written permission from the Governor but it was worth it because both of our families have Hawaiian genealogy) where we had catered dinner and the high school orchestra playing from the school where we teach at

for the second half of the reception, the guests walked through downtown Honolulu where I rented out a restaurant/club/bar. I had a separate invite list for that portion of the reception where we had a DJ spinning good hip hop/80s/oldies. Kept the apps free and the bar completely open (free drinks for all) plus guests could stay at that hotel to prevent DUI and accidents

it was nice to have the wedding in a church, the dinner in a classy environment with family and tradition, and then a full on let loose club environment

if I could do it again?

DO NOT: spend big bucks on a videographer... with the technology now days, anybody can make something decent for cheap. worry about petty stuff like who to invite etc.. it's your wedding, invite who you want

DO: let your wife do her thing cause weddings are a big thing to women. for groomsmens gifts, buy them a nice suit that they can wear in your wedding... kills two birds with one stone

PM me if you need more help, just got married a year ago and it went pretty damn awesome

crazy..hope i find a chick that down for the courthouse then to pack for the honneymoon right after
pimp.gif

Roughly $8K for everything.
It's going to be significantly different for each couple.
Set a limit that's comfortable for you both, while still making your bride happy.  The last thing that you want is to go into marriage carrying debt from your wedding.

Damn this thread just killed my hopes, I was thinking about making the leap but after these prices my wedding wouldn't pop for
another 10years or so. My folks are broke and so are hers, plus no credit means straight cash and 10k is not in the budget. Welp
that's that
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

About 22k. Got about 18k back in cash. Gotta love asian weddings, but then again your guests have to like you/your family also.

Originally Posted by tootthatthang

Damn this thread just killed my hopes, I was thinking about making the leap but after these prices my wedding wouldn't pop for
another 10years or so. My folks are broke and so are hers, plus no credit means straight cash and 10k is not in the budget. Welp
that's that
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Everyone is different, do within your means. 
A lot of corners can be cut to have a good wedding.

Buffet style instead of a costly of waiters.
Minimum liquor, no cocktail hour, less ppl attending, little things add up.

You dont have to break the bank.

shoot im planning a wedding right now..... flying out to maui in 3 weeks to get everything set up. hopefully we stay under that 30k mark.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

I def agree but I would like to provide her with the wedding of her dreams and with the cost of these receptions, I don't
see that being possible. I'll look more in to it to find what a wedding fitting in our budget looks like but I highly doubt it
would be anything acceptable. Man so much for the bride's parents covering the cost for their little princess
tired.gif

Personally, I think it's tacky to ask others this question. The thing is, set your budget and stick to it, whatever that budget is.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

I def agree but I would like to provide her with the wedding of her dreams and with the cost of these receptions, I don't
see that being possible. I'll look more in to it to find what a wedding fitting in our budget looks like but I highly doubt it
would be anything acceptable. Man so much for the bride's parents covering the cost for their little princess
tired.gif
Those days are over
laugh.gif

Yeah dont have a crappy wedding, just wait.

Back
Top Bottom