Married Niketalkers, How much did your wedding cost you?

man, all of you guys spending in the tens got to be out of your goddamn mind. every single one of you guys aplanning on spending that much money, theres over a 50 percent chance you and the chick don't last.

since i was a little kid i always felt these grand over the top weddings were so exaggerated and unnecessary. now that marriage doesn't mean %+#$ that has only served to confirm my beliefs.

oh well, do you.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

stop being cheap fam, cop the dom, rent they lambo, fly to hawaii,

spend upwards of 100K. YOLO.

NT meet at this dudes wedding.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Im planning on getting wed this year.  Luckily every single one of my uncles and aunts said they are ready and willing to cover costs.  Im just so nervous for that day to come 
embarassed.gif
.  All I know is the bride gets her way and I'll stay out of that 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by sekim2detcidda

10k divorced after four years. wait to get married until you are at least 30.

I tend to agree with this. That doesn't mean that getting married in your 20's can't work b/c it definitely can. But life is long...enjoy your freedom as a young dude for awhile. Plenty of time later in life to settle down and do the wife/family thing. Also, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not the same dude now that I was at 25 or 26....people change more at that stage of life, as do their priorities. Marriage is a great thing but it can also be difficult at times and I feel like the younger you are, the less equipped you are to handle those rough times. Personally, I've seen a good amount of young heads I know rush into things only to be miserable a few years later. Take your time.
Well said.
My wife and I got married at 23.  By the time we reached 30 we were very different than we were at 23.  I wish I would have waited.  Not that I didn't love her, but I just wish we would have waited.  We spent about 4k total on our wedding (didn't want to start out in debt), and now at 37 we're separated, heading towards divorce.  Take your time to enjoy your single life.

Of course on the other hand my best friend got married when he was 19, and he and his wife have a wonderful marriage together.

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

I'm going to look at venues with my fiance this weekend in the city (SF)
Looks like reception (venue + food + open bar) alone will be in the $30-40K range

FML

So... how does one go about getting into the wedding business?

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

man, all of you guys spending in the tens got to be out of your goddamn mind. every single one of you guys aplanning on spending that much money, theres over a 50 percent chance you and the chick don't last.

since i was a little kid i always felt these grand over the top weddings were so exaggerated and unnecessary. now that marriage doesn't mean %+#$ that has only served to confirm my beliefs.

oh well, do you.
I know nobody in this post wants to say it because most of you are on the other side and actually shelling out the cash or already have....but THIS MAN SPEAKS TRUTH!
I know some of you guys really love your girls and want to get married to make them happy but 
indifferent.gif
. I'm one of those dudes who already has an aversion towards marriage, I''m already not a fan because I'm not hypnotized and brainwashed by this social construct society has setup (I believe Love is universal and should have no boundaries) but when you throw the statistics out there on top of that 
30t6p3b.gif
. My girlfriend wants this cinderella over-the-top marriage, but I already told her multiple times it ain't goin down like that, hell we most likely ain't even getting married. Ask your woman why they want all this stuff they don't even know themselves. But then people say but what about when you have kids and they see you guys aren't married? I never said I wouldn't live in the same house as my children and the mother of my children, I plan on having a happy balanced home. We can buy rings and everything, I'm just not having this hella extravagant wedding where I'm paying more than 10k. It just boggles my mind that some of you guys are going through with this as if these numbers in the statistics don't exist but I honestly wish you guys best of luck in your marriage. Oh and just to add some irony, seeing my stance against marriage, my parents have been married 25 years and were married in a courthouse and have simple 14k gold wedding bands (well actually my dad updated my moms and bought her a new diamond one a few years ago but that's not the point). What I'm trying to say is (and I'm sure you guys know this I just want to put more emphasis on this) you do not need a fancy wedding. You can spend bookoo bucks on a super exotic car that you won't be able to maintain and get repoed a year/few years from now or are you can get that decent mid-class car that you know you can afford and put little down payment down on but you know will last you years!

some cost cutting tips:
-Print your own invites. Go to Micheals and buy the invite packs, use 40% coupons 
pimp.gif
 Micheals has a lot of great DIY wedding stuff too. 

-Make your own favors. We made CD's with our favorite songs and gave them out and people loved it.

-We found buying chair covers, sashes, lines of eBay was cheaper then renting. Plus you can make your money back by selling them after.

-If your supplying liquor and having open bar, get the Costco size bottles and beer. We spent a good $2,000+ on alcohol alone 
sick.gif

-If you supplying regular drinks, target and walmart usually have sodas for .79 cents. BUY IN BULK. We would leave store with cart fulls. 
embarassed.gif

-If your not to picky with a photographer, there are a lot of good decent photographers on craisglist who give good prices. We found a guy for $600 which included engagement pics and he stayed through the whole wedding day, about 12 hours. The pics came out great too. 

other then that the biggest expense are the reception hall, caterer, entertainment and food. 

spent 50 for the marriage licence and 50 to get married. we did it in court. pretty much had to convince the wifey that we should just spend the money on a house which we did. i did spnd 13k on her ring and mine was 1200. but at least we got something to show for

My sister spent about 50k on her wedding. Me personally I would have a small destination wedding and use that 40-50k for a down payment on a house.

How much did you guys spend on the ring alone?

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

courthouse ftw
only spent $60+ for the reception
pimp.gif

the %@%* i look like paying for a wedding when you can blow some $ for the honeymoon
laugh.gif

This......and i didnt even have a reception.

- been married 7 years....

about 15 to 20k..... our parents took care of it.
pimp.gif

edit - to the guy asking if that included rings... nope
laugh.gif
  ... +$!$ is super expensive man

I'm getting married this may, and my fiance and I have spent $9876(Straight cash....
tired.gif
).  That includes the reception, wedding bands, ceremony site(Central Park), invitations(DIY), ceremony musician.

The photography was a gift given by my mom($5000).  And the DJ and reception decor is a gift given by my fiances' mom.

If you want my true feelings about the situation..........I would rather put that money towards property, and home/condo ownership.  But these #%#!** just don't give a damb!!

Our invitations.....
6714736319_b0124bb991.jpg

6714735477_29a3d6a418.jpg

Originally Posted by lana85

My sister spent about 50k on her wedding. Me personally I would have a small destination wedding and use that 40-50k for a down payment on a house.

How much did you guys spend on the ring alone?

about $4000, It still hurts.
frown.gif
and I have the same views on diamonds as silly putty but she doesn't care.
laugh.gif

these numbers are insane! 50K? I couldn't do it.

I really want to just go to the courthouse but she is not having it and neither is her mother so I have to compromise somewhere.

congrats, oO ThE RoC Oo. If I can convince my parents to hold me down on the reception then I would be good but I just don't want to put that burden on them.

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

I'm getting married this may, and my fiance and I have spent $9876(Straight cash....
tired.gif
).  That includes the reception, wedding bands, ceremony site(Central Park), invitations(DIY), ceremony musician.

The photography was a gift given by my mom($5000).  And the DJ and reception decor is a gift given by my fiances' mom.

If you want my true feelings about the situation..........I would rather put that money towards property, and home/condo ownership.  But these #%#!** just don't give a damb!!

Our invitations.....

I love that word.To much ppl are content with rent.

5000 for some pictures
eek.gif
,you should have hired ksteez
Invitation will be sent through emails, go green save the planet.

IT'S CUSTOM FOR THE BRIDES FATHER TO PAY FOR THE WEDDING. MY GIRL AND I HAVE ALREADY BEEN TALKING ABOUT THIS AND HER DAD HAS ALREADY PLEDGED $20K. THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME SO MY OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES WILL BE $0.

HAD THE
pimp.gif
FACE UNTIL I REALIZED I HAVE A 4 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER THAT I HAVE TO PAY FOR WHEN THE TIME COMES.  
laugh.gif

dudes will always be looking for other guys that did NOT spend a lot of money on their wedding. IMO, they're looking for potential reason(s) to convince themselves (and their lady) to have a cheaper wedding. as long you DO YOUR RESEARCH for competitive pricing from vendors, i'd say do what you (and your lady) want as long as YOU DON'T GO INTO DEBT. im in the 30k club, btw.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

tired.gif

Our invitations.....

5000 for some pictures
eek.gif
You don't think I tried.......
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Trying to convince a Caribbean mother(woman), of something else once she's made up her mind is like talking to a brick wall.  Like literally.....sit in front of a wall and speak to it.  It's more likely to bend....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

And furthermore.....her mom is Old school Peruvian, and believes that her daughters wedding is priceless, and money shouldn't matter....
grin.gif
.  It's me against all these chicks.....
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

tired.gif

Our invitations.....

5000 for some pictures
eek.gif
You don't think I tried.......
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Trying to convince a Caribbean mother(woman), of something else once she's made up her mind is like talking to a brick wall.  Like literally.....sit in front of a wall and speak to it.  It's more likely to bend....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

And furthermore.....her mom is Old school Peruvian, and believes that her daughters wedding is priceless, and money shouldn't matter....
grin.gif
.  It's me against all these chicks.....
tired.gif
laugh.gif
Oh my
frown.gif
I see now.

My mom is the Haitian but like you she rather you spend money on ownership and investments.

R.I.P

We spent around $30-$35k on ours. don't really remember the exact amount, it was a year and a half ago.

Both sets of parents gave $10k each and we saved the rest on our own. We basically paid everything in cash, even the honeymoon.

We didn't want to start our marriage in debt. We had 302 guests (that figure i remember exactly!).

I never knew how big both families were... LOL

Back
Top Bottom