WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Regarding that one team up scene...

The girl power scene...

As cool as it looked I think they could’ve definitely played it at a better spot or at least framed it better...

They literally just showed Marvel take out Thanos’s ship alone...She didn’t need anybody to help her get through that army...They even followed it with her getting a full on head butting from a Gauntlet wearing Thanos and not even flinching :lol:...

If anything they could’ve had the ladies, minus Marvel, have they’re group shot then bring Marvel in at the tail end of that to save EVERYBODY...

I don’t know...I just kind of chuckled at that while watching...

A few guys behind me called the scene BS. It was silly. Female empowerment. Whatever.

The movie was good, not great. Too fan servicey at times, but it is what it is. Glad I got it out of the way so the Internet can't spoil it for me.

8/8

If you don’t like this, you don’t like comic book movies.

So much to process but thank God I went by myself tonight, eyes got a lil misty.

Only complaint is the Russo brother scene, I just always get taken out of a movie when a director puts themselves in the film.

I like comic book movies, but this wasn't better than IW or Winter Soldier. Damn sure wasn't a perfect movie.

I mean I'm pretty sure that situation with Loki was NOT supposed to go down like that lol

On an unrelated note Gunn has so many dope premises he can use for Guardians 3. That movie should not disappoint.
Everything happened as it should have according to Dr. Strange. I don't follow but that seems to be,the reason for a lot of its lol

gonna assume he shape shifts into someone else and pulls strings from the shadows since there will now be 2 Loki’s rolling around....past present still pretty much a villain as he didn’t go on his path to redemption till after the Dark World...we are to assume, Loki would figure this time travel narrative and play his cards smart...
Won't be 2 lokis, just a new timeline created for that Loki since things changed for him.. at least I don't think

CM was dry and overpowered. Brie's performance didn't really help that

This movie made me realize there's kind of nothing to that character at all, not even in the comics. I mean even Superman has angles. She has none.

But her dad said she can't race go-karts. Powerful stuff, man.

A few guys behind me called the scene BS. It was silly. Female empowerment. Whatever.

The movie was good, not great. Too fan servicey at times, but it is what it is. Glad I got it out of the way so the Internet can't spoil it for me.

Yeah, I had to roll my eyes at that one but whatever. As far as fan service goes, I don't know why that word has such a bad stigma. I always like seeing payoff to things and any examples of "fan service" in this film can be argued that it made total sense and I can't say any seemed forced. Some of the best moments on shows like GoT are when its a fan service moment, so I'm cool with it.

Here's another question...
How come mortals in this film like Clint and Tony could possess a stone in hand with ease, whereas doing so as part-mortal/part-god nearly killed Starlord in GOTG1?

How come mortals in this film like Clint and Tony could possess a stone in hand with ease, whereas doing so as part-mortal/part-god nearly killed Starlord in GOTG1?
Different stones have different effects/powers. Clint was holding the soul stone. Tony never touched the stones physically.

It depends on the stone. The Tessaract and Power Stone and Reality Stone are established as dangerous to the touch for mortals, the Mind, Soul, and Time stones are more chill. Makes some sense considering each one's powers.

I like comic book movies, but this wasn't better than IW or Winter Soldier. Damn sure wasn't a perfect movie.

I’ve been a very vocal guy about how much I love WS, but chill...the emotional weight alone of this movie is what makes it the best MCU film, they stuck the landing and culminated a legacy, something that isn’t easy to do at all....i know ratings are just opinions and you are entitled to yours, but neither WS or IW are better than this...this movie dealt with Time travel heavily, you don’t have to dig deep to pick it apart, it’s an impossible subject to navigate without flaws

i'm just gonna go ahead and assume that with the soul stone, it's different. since whoever managed to get the soul stone probably already showed they were worthy to wield it via the sacrifice they were willing to make.

what bothers me is how the hell did Clint get back from THAT place

i think its in the type of stone, the one Starlord held was the power stone which seemed unstable because of its type

tony held the tesseract with his suit but if he didn't, he might have had the same fate as red skull

the soul stone already had a life sacrificed so maybe that is why it's less frantic and can be held by anyone

i'm just gonna go ahead and assume that with the soul stone, it's different. since whoever managed to get the soul stone probably already showed they were worthy to wield it via the sacrifice they were willing to make.

what bothers me is how the hell did Clint get back from THAT place

he got back the same way everyone else did

One of the many reasons why I dislike “time travel” in movies/shows.

A lot of dissecting when the rules are established and events don’t make sense.

Im sorry but “i Love you 3000” supposed to have another meaning? If anyone cares to enlighten me

I’ve been a very vocal guy about how much I love WS, but chill...the emotional weight alone of this movie is what makes it the best MCU film, they stuck the landing and culminated a legacy, something that isn’t easy to do at all....i know ratings are just opinions and you are entitled to yours, but neither WS or IW are better than this...this movie dealt with Time travel heavily, you don’t have to dig deep to pick it apart, it’s an impossible subject to navigate without flaws

To each his own, but this was not an emotional film for me and I started with Iron Man in 2008 like everyone else. The "gravity" of the moments in this movie don't elevate it over the other two in my book. I didn't sit there with a stoic face. I laughed and applauded with everyone. Endgame just doesn't hold that much weight for me. Maybe when people get 48 hours to digest it, they'll feel a bit different.

One of the many reasons why I dislike “time travel” in movies/shows.

A lot of dissecting when the rules are established and events don’t make sense.

Well that’s pretty much it, the concept of time travel will ALWAYS create paradoxes....i think the only movie that somehow handled the concept well to this day was BTTF and I think that’s because they kept things fairly simple...every other movie involving time travel can be picked apart easily.

Im sorry but “i Love you 3000” supposed to have another meaning? If anyone cares to enlighten me

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9019-1390527820-1.gif

wife stayed home yesterday from work so we could continue the marathon
only have Ragnorok, AMATW(Which I may try to get her to skip or just watch the mid credits) and of course IW
I'm up so damn early man, just one more day, and then its all day 11am and then 845pm

rearranged my bookshelf because this excitement demands I do something Marvel related
IMG_20190426_060753.jpg

and yes those are Cap cufflinks

I :lol: when Rhodey was running off time travel movies and he said “Timecop”...Like just some random obscure Van Damme movie just got name dropped in probably the biggest event movie of all time...

Little kid next to me just looked at me...Shook my head and was back to the movie...If you know you know...

so how do you guys think the WandaVision is going to work?

olsen had this to say...

There’s quite a few other comic books that we’re pulling from and it’s going to be Wanda and the Vision, and I think at the Disney+ launch chat, they showed a photo of us in the ’50s.

but if you've seen the film then you know...

that vision didn't return but it being in the 50s, you think cap did some manipulating before he settled down with peggy?

i can't come up with a story right now on how they could do it and especially being brought to the 50s?

also, i guess the Black Widow movies gon be...

a prequel now but i thought they were going to make it female heavy with okoye, valkyrie and nebula in there?

i guess that female groups gon' have to be a different movie without BW?

Back
Top Bottom