Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

Reminds me of the time I cut myself BAD on a broken window and started bleeding all over the place

I still can't believe my idiot friends wanted to clean the wound and apply a tourniquet before I went to the hospital
comparing doing something about an injury to preventing terrorist attacks. makes perfect sense. why not

It's called an analogy
it was a poor attempt at one.

if youre a student in college (or these days highschool) and the one weird kid keeps talking about how he hates everything. and you're getting those kinda vibes from him that he really might do something. yall find out he bought a gun recently. if u called it in, you would not be ok with the police saying "we knocked on his door and asked him some questions, he said he doesnt know what yall are talking about. theres nothing we can do.." you would not be ok with that. you wouldnt feel any safer. especially if he came the next week and did what these psychos keep doing.

now how many times have we heard "the killer was already on such and such list." "he was frequently in serious trouble for violent acts" "he used to torture animals on social media" "police had been called to the house several times" "his mother called in to report him" AFTER the shooting? we all want this **** to stop, i just want them to go full force cuz every time it happens, it couldve easily been prevented if the law wasn't tying peoples hands behind their back. the same way they would if it was a terrorist. but because america is reluctant to call these white male shooters terrorists they're not gonna go after them like it. but thats another story.

if youre a student in college (or these days highschool) and the one weird kid keeps talking about how he hates everything. and you're getting those kinda vibes from him that he really might do something. yall find out he bought a gun recently. if u called it in, you would not be ok with the police saying "we knocked on his door and asked him some questions, he said he doesnt know what yall are talking about. theres nothing we can do.." you would not be ok with that. you wouldnt feel any safer. especially if he came the next week and did what these psychos keep doing.

Since we're on to hypotheticals....

"If police knocked on his door and asked him some questions, he said he doesn't know what y'all are talking about. There's nothing we could do" I WOULD be okay with that because there's a CHANCE his parents have half a brain, see what's happening and force the kid into counseling or at least look deeper into it themselves and take his f*cking gun from him.

^^ Exactly! :lol:
The cops would probably talk to the parents too and hopefully the do something about the gun and the kids mental health.

The "all or nothing" approach is just stupid

A mass shooting was thwarted last week because the guy's grandmother took him to a hospital after he told her about his plan

In your world, she shouldn't have wasted her time since the authorities wouldn't do anything anyway

he literally told his grandmother he was about to do it.... he WANTED to get caught. this cant be your best example. and its not all or nothing, its when you're going for change, go for the change you want. i said earlier short of him confessing which would be a conspiracy charge and or getting into a physical fight with those cops they cant do anything. this is him confessing. and in this case he was charged with making false statements to get the rifle. and thats it.

Since we're on to hypotheticals....

"If police knocked on his door and asked him some questions, he said he doesn't know what y'all are talking about. There's nothing we could do" I WOULD be okay with that because there's a CHANCE his parents have half a brain, see what's happening and force the kid into counseling or at least look deeper into it themselves and take his f*cking gun from him.

u flat out lying that if u were at that damn school and heard the police say that to you, and u saw that kid in school the next week you'd be ok with it. you flat out lying g. the kids from the el paso shooters highschool saying they werent ok with him returning to school after he was suspended for those lists he made. you wouldnt be either. and even in your example... the police did nothing. like i said. so now u bank on hoping his parents step in and that its enough. i say his life in society as an unmarked man is over at THIS point and hes never allowed to touch a weapon again. his parents can still step in and do whatever, but by the point hes confirmed as a threat i want that threat removed. not hopefully pacified.

the parkland shooters "parents" knew he had a gun and knew he had mental issues. most, if not all, of these young shooters had parents who either knew they had guns or they had guns but let these kids have access to them. the kid of the govt official was on facebook just a few days ago talking about black people are just n****s who need to die and shooting a shotgun. you relying on parents to stop it? parents is where half the issue came from in a lot of these cases.

just like how america deals with preventing terrorist attacks... as soon as this person is confirmed a threat.... remove em. period.

Now theyre saying the Ohio shooters sister was actually a man (transgender). Maybe that's why he killed him?

Sometimes when an idiot has the floor, you've just got to let him do his thing...
point+laugh.jpg

u flat out lying that if u were at that damn school and heard the police say that to you, and u saw that kid in school the next week you'd be ok with it. you flat out lying g. the kids from the el paso shooters highschool saying they werent ok with him returning to school after he was suspended for those lists he made. you wouldnt be either.

LOL you underestimating how invincible teenagers think they are. I did the dumbest sh*t when I was a kid because I wasn't afraid of any repercussions. If I heard some sad boy talking reckless like he was gonna commit that I wouldn't have been nearly as concerned as I would be now as an adult. I didn't give a f*ck when I was a teenager. Mass shootings weren't even really a thing either. So no I'm not lying. I wouldn't have taken it seriously at all. I have no reason to lie on NT.

and even in your example... the police did nothing. like i said. so now u bank on hoping his parents step in and that its enough. i say his life in society as an unmarked man is over at THIS point and hes never allowed to touch a weapon again. his parents can still step in and do whatever, but by the point hes confirmed as a threat i want that threat removed. not hopefully pacified.

In these examples we're under the assumption that red flag laws don't exist. Of course I want home boy on a list and never touching a weapon again and red flag laws to be a thing. But the government. YOU are banking on government that hasn't done sh*t after hundreds if not thousands of mass shootings over the years. Yeah I wish they'd enact legislation too. But I have more faith in Detox eventually dropping. The entire point is that they should do something with the resources that they actually have until that Red Flag Law becomes universal.

LOL you underestimating how invincible teenagers think they are. I did the dumbest sh*t when I was a kid because I wasn't afraid of any repercussions. If I heard some sad boy talking reckless like he was gonna commit that I wouldn't have been nearly as concerned as I would be now as an adult. I didn't give a f*ck when I was a teenager. Mass shootings weren't even really a thing either. So no I'm not lying. I wouldn't have taken it seriously at all. I have no reason to lie on NT.

In these examples we're under the assumption that red flag laws don't exist. Of course I want home boy on a list and never touching a weapon again and red flag laws to be a thing. But the government. YOU are banking on government that hasn't done sh*t after hundreds if not thousands of mass shootings over the years. Yeah I wish they'd enact legislation too. But I have more faith in Detox eventually dropping. The entire point is that they should do something with the resources that they actually have until that Red Flag Law becomes universal.

because mass shootings werent a thing when we were in school, im talking about if u were a kid now when its actually a threat. no u didnt with the detox thing lol. and honestly no im not banking on them to change cuz at the end of the day ALL of this discussion is hypothetical. govt won't do anything until it starts happening in their kids schools, or to them. and even then the change will be slow. only way to speed the process up is to get them out of the house/senate/congress/whitehouse/anywhere. the crazy thing is, if they were willing to call these mass shootings terrorism, they could just use the laws in place to circumvent even needing the red flag laws. but they wont, and probably never will, cuz itd mean admitting the biggest threat to america is white men. walls cant fix that.

those old laws looking funny in the light. allowing people to carry rifles around was legal so white men could intimidate minorities in the streets. not working out so well anymore for the white people either.

Back
Top Bottom