Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

Yeah after watching that video I don't know if I'd be sending my kids to school if I were a parent.

I know it's rare but damn, those optics are pretty overwhelming. Just reflecting on how innocent we were around that age. The thought of some monster preying on innocent children. Sick.

It just shows their hypocrisy. In one breath they say they need to ban books and drag shows to protect the kids, but in the next they say they can't do anything about guns. They don't give a **** about those kids. They just use them as props to hide their bigotry.

Not a single lie told. I don't see how they sleep with themselves at night or look in the mirror.

I honestly just can't understand how this isn't easy.

Let's say a child has a knife, we don't let the child keep the knife while we try to inform them of how dangerous it can be and how they can hurt themselves or some one else. We take the knife out of their hand...and then proceed to explain things.

I know that is a super simple take on a nuanced topic...but i am not disagreeing that mental health is a big issue and needs to be addressed. But why in the world are we not restricting guns as a stop gap solution?

Oh yes...freedoms and fossil fuels and 6 speed manuals and eagles and truck nuts and dead hands and boot straps and wokeness

I think the issue is banning guns but allowing the military and police to keep them. Those folks can snap too. And the idea is that if individuals can be sufficiently armed, they can protect themselves.

I do not own and have never owned a firearm. With that said, I don’t think it’s difficult to understand why people (especially black people in America) don’t want certain guns limited to police and military.

25C2AEEA-C50A-41E7-B14F-DA47C145BFAF.jpeg

I think the issue is banning guns but allowing the military and police to keep them. Those folks can snap too. And the idea is that if individuals can be sufficiently armed, they can protect themselves.

I do not own and have never owned a firearm. With that said, I don’t think it’s difficult to understand why people (especially black people in America) don’t want certain guns limited to police and military.

So just to play this out. A person feels "safer" if they can own an assault rifle because if only cops can own them then they stand no chance in a stand off? Because even if other cops show up and shoot you dead in this stand off, you at least got 1? or maybe 2? before you get killed?

Or is the concern that Cops can own them...then if a cop goes rogue and wants to kill you, you have an assault rifle to defend yourself?

Again this is assuming you are at your home or have the gun on you so that you can react accordingly to this unprovoked random attack by a former police officer who has decided to kill you with his legally owned assault rifle? But also in doing this the other cops know he has gone rogue and are ready to assist you as a good civilian defending yourself. So you can kill the rogue cop and the other "good" cops will show up and pat you on the back

I’m not even saying we need to ban guns but can we at least have common sense gun laws?

A national registry, yearly mental health examinations, stricter background checks, etc. That would be a NICE start. But somehow drag queens and books are more dangerous to our kids than guns. So sick of it.

So just to play this out. A person feels "safer" if they can own an assault rifle because if only cops can own them then they stand no chance in a stand off? Because even if other cops show up and shoot you dead in this stand off, you at least got 1? or maybe 2? before you get killed?

Or is the concern that Cops can own them...then if a cop goes rogue and wants to kill you, you have an assault rifle to defend yourself?

Again this is assuming you are at your home or have the gun on you so that you can react accordingly to this unprovoked random attack by a former police officer who has decided to kill you with his legally owned assault rifle? But also in doing this the other cops know he has gone rogue and are ready to assist you as a good civilian defending yourself. So you can kill the rogue cop and the other "good" cops will show up and pat you on the back

I think the concern is that having no gun makes you less safe in a situation where an attacker has a gun.

I know assault-style rifles are sensationalized. The nashville Shooter had two rifles and a handgun and was neutralized in 15 minutes. That person could have killed six people with a handgun or with the rifle. My previous post focused too much on the type of gun and not enough on the reality that I can understand why people (especially black people in America) don’t want guns limited to the police and military.

I don’t own guns personally. So I understand the logic that feeling safer doesn’t necessarily make you safer. If I had one, it’d be to protect others most likely because if someone gets you off guard there’s nothing you can really do.

With all that said, I don’t think this is something that is easily regulated away. I’m not sure what regulation would’ve prevented what happened in Nashville.

I’m not even saying we need to ban guns but can we at least have common sense gun laws?

A national registry, yearly mental health examinations, stricter background checks, etc. That would be a NICE start. But somehow drag queens and books are more dangerous to our kids than guns. So sick of it.

I think all those restrictions make sense. I don’t think any of those restrictions will guarantee we don’t have another mass shooting in America.

I think all those restrictions make sense. I don’t think any of those restrictions will guarantee we don’t have another mass shooting in America.

I don't think any restriction will guarantee we don't have another mass shooting. And i think that is the talking point that Republican's take on as a way to not do anything to try to help the situation

As a new father this stuff makes me more and more angry. The thought of my daughter being 9 years old and being gunned down in a school....literally i can't even fathom that thought as a parent. I can't imagine what you would want to do to that shooter.

As a new father this stuff makes me more and more angry. The thought of my daughter being 9 years old and being gunned down in a school....literally i can't even fathom that thought as a parent. I can't imagine what you would want to do to that shooter.

I’m a fairly new father as well. And these were my immediate thoughts.

Theres something wrong with people smh. Even when gun laws were less restrictive you didnt have people doing this stuff constantly. There needs to be special punishment for school shooters in addition to any extra gun measures.

Back
Top Bottom