Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

i feel like stricter laws. Australia does it. Singapore does it. strict *** law. but America needs to be even more strict. Like 20 years for carrying illegally. i feel most ppl in that life end up using the gun over something trivial. Better learn how to squabble P---y boys.
and even more, criminals arent killing ppl in Australia cause they know the average person doesn't have a gun, so everyone isnt packing assuming the others person has a gun.

im sure theres a lot more layers, and we need to fix the cause not the symptoms, but until we figure out what that is, make it hard and crazy as hell to even be around a gun.

like mf cant even rent a car under 25, can't drink unless 21, but can buy a killing machine at 18

The obsession with gun culture in the US is insane and makes no sense to other developed nations across the globe. The laws can change but as someone said earlier it's a business., so they won't. Nothing else to it at this point. The system over there doesn't care if people are killing each other in the streets. Just allows them to lock more people up and control them.

I've lived in like 10 different countries and the US is the only one where I've had a friend murdered by gun violence and know others that have been shot. This is not normal :smh:

I understand that, but all that is going to do is make it harder for people who legitimately want to own guns. That isn't going to solve gun violence from criminals & school shooters, I wish we lived in a utopia where we could just snap our fingers and be completely free of guns, but that isn't reality.

I just very weary of enforcing harsher rules and penalties on those who go about trying to get a gun the right way, without finding a solution to the criminals & lunatics out there getting their hands on it the wrong way.

Like yes the i fully understand the point that they are too accessible in some states, but if your the person sick enough to want to take random lives i have no doubt that they will go to the maximum heights in getting a weapon, even if jail time is an option.... because these people are mentally gone.

I live in NYC where a illegal loaded gun is 5 years automatic, i know for a fact that people will gladly take that risk everyday because they are living a lifestyle that requires them to do so. So if these type of mentalities exist out here, unfortunately i don't see stricter laws helping that because they didn't give a **** about law or jail time in the first place.

Vehicle safety measures and regulations "make it harder" for law abiding citizens too don't they? The notion that anything must be 100% effective to be worthwhile applies to no other argument but guns

A lot of gun owners are law abiding citizens being put upon by more regulation - until they aren’t. A good way to lessen the amount of new criminals is to decrease the flow of guns

Vehicle safety measures and regulations "make it harder" for law abiding citizens too don't they? The notion that anything must be 100% effective to be worthwhile applies to no other argument but guns

A lot of gun owners are law abiding citizens being put upon by more regulation - until they aren’t. A good way to lessen the amount of new criminals is to decrease the flow of guns

1) comparing guns to cars is just an asinine comparison considering the intended uses of both
2) Again sans the utopian views, how are we going to stop the flow of guns. The same way we've stopped the flow of drugs? despite the "war" they've been fighting since the 80's? Guns sales equal somewhere between 20-30 Billion yearly, we are in the land of capitalism that amount of revenue isn't going to just disappear off the face of earth. It's just gonna flood black markets and criminals will still have access to the same weaponry

It's just gonna flood black markets and criminals will still have access to the same weaponry
how can you be certain that even if the black market is flooded that it would be easy to acquire the likes of ARs? point is, atleast something is being done and the likely that such incidents to happen is minimized as compared to have something flowing in the open. majority of the people, including the ones in the government are irresponsible when it comes to managing firearms.

1) comparing guns to cars is just an asinine comparison considering the intended uses of both
2) Again sans the utopian views, how are we going to stop the flow of guns. The same way we've stopped the flow of drugs? despite the "war" they've been fighting since the 80's? Guns sales equal somewhere between 20-30 Billion yearly, we are in the land of capitalism that amount of revenue isn't going to just disappear off the face of earth. It's just gonna flood black markets and criminals will still have access to the same weaponry

What's asinine is the idea that we need to cater to "responsible" gun owners for any reason

The majority of firearms begin their life as legal products. An illicit firearms market would not have near the demand of the legal one

how can you be certain that even if the black market is flooded that it would be easy to acquire the likes of ARs? point is, atleast something is being done and the likely that such incidents to happen is minimized as compared to have something flowing in the open. majority of the people, including the ones in the government are irresponsible when it comes to managing firearms.

Because money talks & where there's profit to be made it will be easily accessible, NYC has some of the strictest gun laws in the country. As someone who grew up in the Bronx i can assure you if you have the motivation to grab an illegal gun it will be plentiful & available.

Also the kind of people we're talking about (mass shooters, violent criminals) are clearly not wired like regular humans. I don't think a mass shooter wakes up on a whim one morning & decides to shoot things up, that person who has the hatred in their soul to do that to innocent people more than likely planned that & isn't gonna be deterred because it was a little more difficult to obtain the weapon.

In terms of regular everyday criminals, no matter what the legal consequences are, they honestly don't give a damn hence why they rely on being a criminal. If someone is a robber, or a murderer etc etc extra stipulation & consequences is never going to stop them from obtaining that weapon.

again i would love if we could make guns just disappear in the blink of an eye but it isn't realistic. Look at the country we live in and the culture & ideals attached to it :lol: , IDK how we could view this on the daily and think that gun control/gun culture is realistically going to be stopped

again i would love if we could make guns just disappear in the blink of an eye but it isn't realistic. Look at the country we live in and the culture & ideals attached to it :lol: , IDK how we could view this on the daily and think that gun control/gun culture is realistically going to be stopped
it wouldn't but the biggest thing is atleast we should make an effort especially with regards to legislation. I know it's not an easy fix but atleast we tried and see that transition rather than doing nothing and just consider it a normal occurence which shouldn't be. one step at a time, although it is quite difficult with how american politics is right now but it should start from somewhere. I'm even more fearful now than ever and I know growing up with criminals, being a victim in my neighborhood and prevailing number of firearms and people carrying them was a normalcy back then but atleast we don't see mass shootings. it's way different now that it was back then. I'm glad I had some behavioral changes over the years like if I was the kid back before right now, it's either I would have landed in jail for shooting someone or the one ending up in the morgue.

Last edited:
This is a perfect example of my use of cars as a standard:

The trucks themselves weren’t outlawed, but standards were changed

And for those who don't know, she was married to Mickey Hargitay, who was a Mr. Universe in the mid 50s. But his name should ring a bell as Jayne Mansfield and Mickey were the parents of Mariska Hargitay, who we all know is Olivia Benson on Law & Order: SVU.

interesting fact. Much of the early seasons of the show, there is a framed photo on Benson's desk. It's a picture of her mom Jayne.

Another mass shooting with this stupid gun! 😞😞 Absolutely senseless.

I asked a "friend" (he's more of an acquaintance, as he's is so far right it's actually disturbing) who is SUPER pro-gun 2A for life, Trump is God blah blah blah, why is an AR-15 necessary? His reply was because the constitution said it is. 😒

Didn't actually give a real reason, or a legitimate reason for actually having one, other than the 2A said he can have it. Didn't give a reason for it's existence of anything, just recycled his 2A rights.

We don't have guns. Don't like them, don't want any. But I have ZERO issue with people who do. It's the AR rifle that I have issues with. Several of our friends who have multiple types of hand guns agree that the AR is a pointless gun with no real purpose other than to kill as many as possible in the fastest amount of time. The fact that this shooter was able to buy it, with his mental issues is downright sad. We are looked at by every other country with such confusion for this country's utter love of guns.

The Rs all say mental health is the problem, and this guy should have had help. Yes, but with that, he should NOT have been able to just walk into a gun shops buy an AR, with his issues he has/or had (don't know if he survived). It's a sad time right now. 😞😞😢😢

im sure theres a lot more layers, and we need to fix the cause not the symptoms, but until we figure out what that is
I think you did:

criminals arent killing ppl in Australia cause they know the average person doesn't have a gun, so everyone isnt packing assuming the others person has a gun.
This is also why policing is **** in this country. We can tie a lot of social ills in the US to the omnipresence of guns.

how are we going to stop the flow of guns
You mean the flow of guns from American-based factories to American-based gun store shelves?

How are we able to do this with alcohol and cigarettes?

CNN —
Andre Longmore, the man accused of fatally shooting four people in Hampton, Georgia, Saturday morning, was killed in a shootout with police, according to Henry County Sheriff Reginald Scandrett.

During a Sunday news conference, Scandrett announced authorities tracked the suspect and confronted him.

“The suspect returned fire and hit the ground running,” the sheriff said, adding authorities chased him down and “he produced a handgun again.”

Authorities then engaged in another gun fight with Longmore, leaving him dead and two officers injured, Scandrett said. One of the officers is severely injured and was life-flighted to a hospital.

“He was hit in the rear of his back,” the sheriff said. “He is conscious, breathing and talking.”

The sheriff called it an “absolute honor” to serve with those officers and said those in the community “can breathe a little bit easier, sleep a little better tonight. This monster is off of our streets.”

Longmore is accused of fatally shooting four people, sparking a manhunt across Atlanta as police departments across the metro region worked to track him down.

This photo provided by the Hampton Police Department, in Hampton, Ga., shows the suspect, Andre Longmore.

This photo provided by the Hampton Police Department, in Hampton, Ga., shows the suspect, Andre Longmore.
Hampton Police Department/AP

The mass shooting was reported around 10:45 a.m. ET Saturday, Hampton police chief James Turner said at a Saturday afternoon news conference.

Back
Top Bottom