Massive letdowns this yr! MCHG, Yeezus, 20/20 II of II, Drake, Eminem.. What's next??

So I was really looking forward to some of the 'veterans' in the game putting out classic material this summer/fall, but seems like all of these guys laid huge eggs for me!  Who else had big letdowns from these guys?  Out of all of them, I honestly think Yeezus would be the one to outlast the others, just based on the sole fact that Mr West is polar opposite of the man he is on his prior album, making him a true artist...

Thoughts?

Only real letdown for me was Born Sinner. I didnt like it as much as I thought I would. Had no expectations for any of the others

Good call on Born Sinner-- that's what started it for me...  I've been a Dreamville diehard since 09, and definitely didn't like the path he took on this album

I don't think any album was exceptionally bad, it's just that we had crazy expectations when the projects were announced.​
 ​
MCHG was what I expect from Hov at this point.​
 ​
Yeezus was different, but not bad.​
 ​
Born Sinner . . . average . . . Cole has hella potential but he got to switch the sound up . . . he's had the same sound three projects in a row.​
 ​
Haven't listened to 20/20 II, is it that bad? The first one was crack.​
 ​
Drake's album was good.​
 ​
Dom's album was good.​
 ​
Pusha's album was good.​
 ​
The Weeknd's album was good.​
 ​
Wale's album was okay. Had some filler.​
 ​
Big Sean's album was okay. Had some filler and he should have switched some of the Detroit tracks with the filler album tracks.​
 ​
ASAP Rocky's album was good. Ferg's album was okay for bangers.​
 ​
Never liked Eminem's music.​
 ​
2013 was a good year. There was something for everybody.​

Last edited:
guess i dont give a damn anymore because i haven't heard the majority of these albums yet

way too much coming out from artists i dont really care for

Every album that came out this year except that album from that one guy that I like.

I thought 2013 was an exceptionally good year.

My biggest letdown will probably be MMLP2.

Agreed. Those albums were all disappointing or just awful.

MCHG, deleted after two weeks. Boring and predictable.
Yeezus, not my type of music. Too out there for me.
JT part 2. VERY disappointing. 1 was so much better.
Drake, average rapper with great production.
Em, don't like the singles I've heard so I'm sure the album will be a let down.

Pusha T delivered.

Well it's a given that Yeezus was awful, so I'll stick with Excuse My French. From somebody who has been listening to French since 07, and listening to good stuff from him, there is not other album worse than that one this year. A terrible album. And Ludacris dropped hands down the worst mixtape of the year.

I kind of agree - not to say that any of these albums were BAD (because even the worst stuff from the best artists is never horrible...usually), but they didn't meet my expectations for them.

Born Sinner is my best choice, second is Magna Carta Holy Grail. Drake's album was ok, but not better than Take Care. don't really care for the others, and i'm ready to be dissapointed from Em especially with that Monster joint which isn't hip hop :x

Yeezus grew on me since it's release.

20/20 Pt. 2 wasn't as good as the first, but it wasn't horrible either.

MCHG was exactly what I expected from Jay.

Born Sinner and Kiss Land put me in a deep sleep.  And I've bumped all 3 Weeknd tapes regularly.

Pusha T's album was great.

NWTS is a solid album to me, his best yet.

Back
Top Bottom