Massive letdowns this yr! MCHG, Yeezus, 20/20 II of II, Drake, Eminem.. What's next??

Not let down by too much but i will say that Born Sinner is the best project to drop this year in hip hop IMO... Not got act like its dumpin on erything but overall I can't say I enjoyed anything more... Of course NWTS n MCHG house more bangers or what not but as a full project I don't see them touching Born Sinner.

I would love to see somebody make a true case for Pusha's album being better or actually album of the year worthy. Wale's joint and Big Sean's joint not in the running, they both was aight tho. MCHG surprisingly didn't have the staying power in my whip but I still dig it. Yeezus came around but I'll be lying if I said that was the best album I heard this year.

yeezus - there's a couple tracks i could rock with, but i really have to be in the mood for them. the album just doesn't have a lot of replay value for me ( with the exception of bound 2 which i play almost every day :lol: ). i just don't like the direction he went with on this one :\

20/20 experience part 1 - this was such a polished album, i love the sound JT & timbo brought on this one. amazing album

20/20 experience part 2 - i take it these were the leftovers from part 1... this was the first JT album that i wasn't a fan of. there's a couple decent tracks on here, but nothing i consistently go back to.

MCHG - very good album... easily one of my favorites of the year

born sinner - very solid album

the gifted - i looooved lovehate thing... that was my **** :pimp: haven't gone back to much else off that album though

hall of fame - i really enjoyed this album... very solid, imo

kiss land - great album... he went with a different sound then on the trilogy, but it really worked for him.

MNIMN - push delivered on this one ( no pun attended :lol: )... lyricism & production was all top notch

NWTS - solid album... the replay value isn't as high for me as it was with take care & it can get repetitive, but i can throw it on every now & then

indicud - very good album... very diverse in terms of different styles.

get home safely - classic dom

MMLP2 - only gave it 2 full listens, but em came through on this one. he did a great job of making references back to the MMLP & really allowed this to be true followup. he didn't disappoint at all & ill be copping on the 5th

there was probly a couple other projects im forgetting.

also, it wasn't an album but k.r.i.t.'s a king remember in time could've been an album... the gems he gives away for free :wow: amazing project.

Last edited:
First of all, the line is:

"I know he the most high
But I am a close tie"

People aren't allowed to call albums that have songs with lines that you think are weak a classic? Also, how the hell WOULDN'T his response be better than my initial one when he took the time to actually explain his opinion. I never said that I thought Yeezus was a classic, so why would I feel the need to defend that stance? I was just curious as to why someone having such a high opinion of it was so "
eek.gif
" worthy to you.

That Jerome line was vintage Kanye, by the way. So if you think that was bad, you must've cringed quite a few times throughout most of his albums.
The word classic gets thrown around ALOT. And those are just two examples of how HORRID his lines were on that album. Theres a difference between cringing a couple of times and cringing throughout the entirety of an album. 

Your assertion of his response being better is asisine because you could have just elaborated on your opinion instead of trying to be a smartass and perhaps your response would have come off as intelligent and worthy of actual debate. 

Yeezus was dumpster juice. I don't care for that edm **** though so it wasn't for me. I haven't listened to it in months.

Loved Born Sinner, it's my favorite hip hop project behind Acid Rap

Gifted was good as well to me, Wale's best album. He has to stop doing songs with Neyo though. Most rappers do

MCHG was good, not great. Think it was better than BP3

MNIM listened to like twice, it was good but once Dom and Nipsey dropped I stopped listening to everything else. Those two went in

NWTS, the only commercial drake album I like.

Im surprised at how many cats loved Born sinner i rode hard for the album the first month.... but after sitting a few months there is maybe like 4-5 songs i have the urge to listen too again.

The biggest disappointment this year was def The 20/20 Experience pt 2. I can rock the first one all the way through with no skips but I only listen to 3 songs on part 2

MCHG is the spiderman 3 of rap albums. All that hype for such a garbage album. The best song is 55 seconds long that sums it up.

Last edited:
My boy said it best...

People hardly make good all the way listenalbe through albums anymore.

It's just one or two hits for the radio and the rest is just BS and filler.

I defenitely mess with that Juicy J - Stay Trippy album though :lol: :pimp:

I'm a NYer all the way, but I've all but given up hope that we will will put out anything decent like in our prime times :smh:

Holding out hope for that Jadakiss album though.

Completely disagree. Though I can't say I can consider any release a true classic so far but it's been a great year.

Cudi released an amazing album; possibly my favorite of the year. Love Kanye's album. Tyler put out his best work to date. Earl and Drake both put out great albums. J. Cole finally released a good album, way better than his first. Mac Miller surprised the **** out of me with his work. That Pusha album is the best thing he's done as a solo artist to date and my dude Danny Brown proved he can spit his *** off with "Old". Even though Childish Gambino hasn't released a full project this year yet, I've Loved everything he's put out so far too.

That's just Hip Hop too. Justin arguably has the best album of his career with his first part of 20/20 (part 2 was def a let down).

There's not really much to complain from my end. Even MCHG grew on me. It might not be anything amazing but it's definetly an enjoyable album. Haven't heard Eminem's album yet.

Back
Top Bottom