Math genius solves problem. Turns down 1 mil.

They talked about this on NPR. The guy is extremely depressed he was the leader of his mathematical group at the college be taught at and his fellow teachers didn't reelect him and he took it as a great insult. He ended up just leaving the school and working on this theory in his house. He feels that even though he solved his problem he was still slighted by his fellow teachers and that he doesn't want to anything to do with them. He is extremely insecure and just depressed. The sad part is by declining the money he has brought more attention on himself, and people in Russia who thought of him a hero of sorts are starting to turn on him because he just doesn't want anything to do with them. Really interesting stuff.

true story

I participated in similar events in elementary and in middle school but never finished. Years later, for some reason, I kind of didnt care for math and leaned more towards artsy stuff. So I guess thats why I really like architecture a lot.

But those kids in the video are freaking smart
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HOVKid

I saw this crazy show on pbs (channel 13 in NY) once about kid math geniuses.� Kids were no joke.� They picked like 5or 6�kids from each country to go to this international competition and represent their respective country in a math test.

One kid's dad was like "I have a really hard time getting Max to�sit and eat dinner....all he wants to do is math"

�

Its funny how the people representing america in every sport or anything are not even really americans
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Yen2dro3

Originally Posted by HOVKid

I saw this crazy show on pbs (channel 13 in NY) once about kid math geniuses.� Kids were no joke.� They picked like 5or 6�kids from each country to go to this international competition and represent their respective country in a math test.

One kid's dad was like "I have a really hard time getting Max to�sit and eat dinner....all he wants to do is math"

�
http://www.youtube.com/v/Q8IMtqYi3CU?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/Q8IMtqYi3CU?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata

Its funny how the people�representing america in every sport or anything are not even really americans�
laugh.gif
��
tired.gif

how are they not real americans?

Back
Top Bottom