Mayweather calls out Pacquiao. May 5th. Official?

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

The only intelligent thing said in this entire thread.

quoting this in case the fight does happen. 

Only an idiot would truely think the fight won't happen. The will fight Multiple times IMO
Only an idiot would think this fight will happen, let alone multiple fights.

Clark_Kent_normal.jpg

KevinI Kevin Iole

Spoke to Leonard Ellerbe, Floyd's manager: Floyd called Manny last night and discussed the fight. Conversation private between the guys.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Originally Posted by xx Name Brand xx

I'm not sure what it is, but it kinda sounds like Mayweather knows something about Pacquiao & his team that most of us don't. Before he was like "Yeah, I'll fight him", now he's like "Let's fight!".

I guess you didnt watch the pacquio/jmm fight, Manny looked so weak against jmm, while Money dominated jmm, thats why mayweather is pushing for the fight now.

Those two fighting JMM should not be compared.  At all.

Originally Posted by jepeh21

Originally Posted by psk2310

Pacman is busy taking HGH & playing duck, duck, goose...
you would know right?

Why else would he only agree to testing up to 2-3 weeks before the fight. Just like a good catholic, always got something to hide...

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Originally Posted by xx Name Brand xx

I'm not sure what it is, but it kinda sounds like Mayweather knows something about Pacquiao & his team that most of us don't. Before he was like "Yeah, I'll fight him", now he's like "Let's fight!".

I guess you didnt watch the pacquio/jmm fight, Manny looked so weak against jmm, while Money dominated jmm, thats why mayweather is pushing for the fight now.

Those two fighting JMM should not be compared.  At all.

Why not

Originally Posted by 951guero

405644_315520205153333_111003868938302_892709_435887448_n.jpg

laugh.gif
sergio is a loser, you dont call out fighters smaller than you
why doesnt he move up to super middleweight, he'd be totally irrelevant

I think if PAC woulda said no on the phone with Floyd, it would have already been news. Floyd wouldn't have been able to keep it a secret

Originally Posted by bleach

laugh.gif

Exactly, he's clowning Pac when he's doing the same exact thing. Uhh, Sergio why don't you move up to Super Middleweight and fight Lucian Bute or Andre Ward? With that said, eff Bob Arum, the excitement for this fight has worn so thin. Mayweather is a funny dude too, he saw the lackluster performance of Pac against JMM and now he wants to openly call him out. He honestly would have beaten Pacquiao anyway, even if it was 2 years ago.

Originally Posted by salbah3

laugh.gif

Exactly, he's clowning Pac when he's doing the same exact thing. Uhh, Sergio why don't you move up to Super Middleweight and fight Lucian Bute or Andre Ward? With that said, eff Bob Arum, the excitement for this fight has worn so thin. Mayweather is a funny dude too, he saw the lackluster performance of Pac against JMM and now he wants to openly call him out. He honestly would have beaten Pacquiao anyway, even if it was 2 years ago.

It's because signing a fight with pac or PBF would easily be the largest pay day in his career. As great of a fighter that Ward is, a fight with him wouldn't be half as profitable, nor would it be able to give him the star power that he's been craving this entire time. Sergio is a great boxer and it's just unfortunate that he's stuck in a weight class that has no drawing power at all. This all being said, his *****ing about pac and may not fighting him has gotten really irritating, but props to him if he manages to pull a fight against PBS, I just wish it would be at 154.

Originally Posted by sNc magic

Originally Posted by salbah3

It's because signing a fight with pac or PBF would easily be the largest pay day in his career. As great of a fighter that Ward is, a fight with him wouldn't be half as profitable, nor would it be able to give him the star power that he's been craving this entire time. Sergio is a great boxer and it's just unfortunate that he's stuck in a weight class that has no drawing power at all. This all being said, his *****ing about pac and may not fighting him has gotten really irritating, but props to him if he manages to pull a fight against PBS, I just wish it would be at 154.
I definitely understand that, it is a business. But like you said, his *****ing has been really annoying and he's a hypocrite for calling out Pac when he's doing the same thing. 

I dont believe this story at all. Not saying Floyd wouldnt want more money. But there's no way Floyd went out of his way to "Email ESPN" to say hes the reason this fight is being held up now after all hes said the past couple weeks. If this "new development" was going to come out you better believe it would have been from Arum and Pac's camp to get fans back on their side. 

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

I dont believe this story at all. Not saying Floyd wouldnt want more money. But there's no way Floyd went out of his way to "Email ESPN" to say hes the reason this fight is being held up now after all hes said the past couple weeks. If this "new development" was going to come out you better believe it would have been from Arum and Pac's camp to get fans back on their side. 

I smell bs with this story why espn of all places why not fight hype ?

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

SO this isn't gonna happen because of money????
well its an ego thing. Floyd doesnt "need" more money. But I dont think his ego would allow him to be equal with Pacquiao

Floyd desreves to make more than Pac
If I was the biggest draw in boxing and undefeated I wouldnt take a 50/50 split either

i think mayweather needs this fight more than pac does.

if pac doesn't fight mayweather it won't affect his reputation as a fighter at all.

mayweather doesn't take this fight he will always be seen as the one who "ducked his opponents"
(even though this might not be completely true, its what the public perceives)

at the same time Mayweather has always said he's "a prize fighter"
so to say the Mayweather wants more of the cut because of ego doesn't make sense.

mayweather is about money, and has always been about money.

Does floyd deserve more than pac? i don't think so.
Does pac deserve more than floyd? i don't think so.

split should be 55/45 winner takes 55

Originally Posted by CashBanks

Floyd desreves to make more than Pac
If I was the biggest draw in boxing and undefeated I wouldnt take a 50/50 split either
Pac is just as a big of draw internationally so at the end of the day it all evens out to be honest.  

Who really cares who needs who more? The fact is that there have been four separate rounds of negotiations for this fight in two years and both of them have backed out/ducked out twice a piece. They both need each other. One to get rid of the notion that he only fights smaller guys and makes them jump through hoops for catch weights and one to get rid of the notion that he cares more about his 0 than his opposition. That should be the end of it.

If I had a bet, they fight in November. And if one of them loses their next right, serves them both right.

Back
Top Bottom