Mayweather calls out Pacquiao. May 5th. Official?

Originally Posted by CryingFreemancoa

its about to be a race riot after this fight.
Seriously. You can see the racism coming off some of these dudes. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Pacquiao is stupid.

He's not the smartest, and neither is Mayweather.

You gotta be some kind of smart to make the amount of money he does off Boxing. No one before him can compare to his business acumen

Originally Posted by sNc magic

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by 430AM

I'm a fan of both... But if Pac beats Mayweather alot of NTers will be butthurt.
laugh.gif

Mayweather is like that dude on Xbox Live or PSN with the ridiculous record in Madden but only built that @@#% by playing bums. The moment someone with the same record or better steps to him he backs out immediately with BS excuses. Just sayin...
laugh.gif

May should just quit babalin and knuckle up.
30t6p3b.gif

Yup , that's it.
misc-jackie-chan-l.png

meme-are-you-kidding-me.png

At first, it was Mayweather ducking Pacquiao.

Now its Pacquaio ducking Mayweather.

I really dont care anymore.

This fight will never happen.

Please guys, lets get this done, I really want to watch a boxing match again. This would meet the hype if the sides ever come to an agreement.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. sent out three more tweets Tuesday making it clear that he doesn't want to hear about fighting Manny Pacquiao in late May or early June, or concern from Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum that Mayweather lacks a guarantee to encourage him to engage in the super-fight.

"I'm ready to fight Pacquiao 5/5/12. Bob Arum know the date can't change. I have my guarantee. Call Schaefer and Al and stop lying to the public," Mayweather wrote on Twitter Tuesday afternoon.

The post was in response to Arum repeating that a late May or early June fight date makes more sense so he can explore the construction of a 40,000-plus-seat venue on the Las Vegas Strip for the bout that would pit boxing's top two pound-for-pound fighters.

Mayweather, scheduled to begin a 90-day jail sentence June 1 for his involvement in a domestic violence episode, has tentatively booked MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas for May 5.

Arum has also said Mayweather lacks a financial guarantee to accept the bout, which Arum has said is hurting Mayweather's ability to commit to the bout.

Instead, Mayweather is claiming he has the guarantee and is urging his former promoter -- they had a bitter parting -- to contact other Arum adversaries Richard Schaefer, chairman of Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions, and Mayweather manager Al Haymon, to craft a deal.

Boxing officials told The Times earlier Tuesday that Pacquiao will decide this weekend who he wants to fight next.
A source close to Mayweather said since both boxers are so interested in now making the fight happen, "People better get over their ... selves and make the fight."

Mayweather is prodding things along.

"January 16th was Dr. Martin Luther King birthday, January 17 is Muhammad Ali birthday, and May 5th is Pacquiao [rear] whooping day," Mayweather tweeted.

"First they say I'm ducking the fight. But now it seems like I'm begging for the fight. What is going on?"

Clark_Kent_normal.jpg

KevinI Kevin Iole

I called Mayweather mgr Leonard Ellerbe and told him Pacman said he spoke with Floyd on phone. Asked to confirm, he said I'll call you back.

nerd.gif

I'm not sure what it is, but it kinda sounds like Mayweather knows something about Pacquiao & his team that most of us don't. Before he was like "Yeah, I'll fight him", now he's like "Let's fight!".

Originally Posted by xx Name Brand xx

I'm not sure what it is, but it kinda sounds like Mayweather knows something about Pacquiao & his team that most of us don't. Before he was like "Yeah, I'll fight him", now he's like "Let's fight!".

I think it's because he is going to jail and the fact that he is not getting any younger and he knows that after this year nobody is really gonna care anymore

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

I heard that it's going to be sergio martinez at 150 if pacquiao fight can't be made

Where'd you hear that?  Sergio's fighting Macklin on St. Patty's Day that'd be a terrible move to slim all the way down to 150 in less than two months for a PBF fight.  I highly doubt they cancel the Macklin fight as well, those tickets sold out like hot cakes at MSG.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I heard that it's going to be sergio martinez at 150 if pacquiao fight can't be made

Where'd you hear that?  Sergio's fighting Macklin on St. Patty's Day that'd be a terrible move to slim all the way down to 150 in less than two months for a PBF fight.  I highly doubt they cancel the Macklin fight as well, those tickets sold out like hot cakes at MSG.

Fighthype.com

Originally Posted by Proshares

Fighthype.com

Eh

Just to clarify, I believe the subject of Martinez was phrased to him as such: "In the past, Martinez has said he would come down to 150 for a fight with you. Would you be willing to fight him if that was the case?" To which, Floyd gave his response, basically saying yeah, if he would do that, then we could fight. But no, Floyd did not "call out" Martinez to come down to 150 for a fight. Just clearing that up before everyone gets excited and the rumors start flying. I've already seen a few folks take quotes from him regarding that and running with headlines like "Mayweather eyes Martinez". That is not the case as far as I know. Wouldn't mind seeing it, but at 150, Martinez might be a skeleton. That's a tough weight cut.

I agree with SF, Sergio would be very desperate to take that.  And like I said, I'd be extremely shocked if the March 17th date with Macklin is cancelled for him to train for this.

Originally Posted by xx Name Brand xx

I guess you didnt watch the pacquio/jmm fight,Manny looked so weak against jmm, whileMoney dominated jmm, thats why mayweather is pushing for the fight now.

Back
Top Bottom