McDonald's drops Egg Supplier over Animal Cruelty video

^ Because they are living beings with feelings and souls. As "soft" as that answer might sound to most of you, that is the truth behind the matter. It is not right to treat anyone/anything (both equal man doesn't > animal) and anyone that is shown treating animals like they are just pieces of meat need to be dealt with.

Raising for food and abusing are not the same thing. That is the issue. Abuse.

Originally Posted by VA757VA

def not trying to start anything jus to preface..and animal cruelty is NEVER right, for any reason..

but if these animals are bred for the specific purpose to be eaten, why do we care so much how they die??

theyre not blue ribbon dogs who are our family pets..nor are they animals in the wild fending for themselves...

these are farm bred animals that are only alive to grow fat and be ate....did not watch the vid btw(you seen one you seen em all)

serious question NT...dont go all lisa simpson on me

Because any living thing that can feel pain deserves the right to as harmless a life as possible. Inflicting pain like this is unethical and cruel, regardless of their 'purpose.'

but if these animals are bred for the specific purpose to be eaten, why do we care so much how they die??
moral reasons aside, the conditions in which these animals are kept in can have serious implications for their health, and can help become a breeding ground for various diseases and illnesses (such as mad cow, bird flu, e. coli, etc.)

Now, you're eating those animals. Animals that have lesions on their skin, who have been mutilated, exposed to various sicknesses, and have been raised in an unnatural environment. If what you eat isn't healthy, how can you expect to be healthy? Not only is this animal cruelty thing wrong on a moral level, but it can be detrimental to our health as a society; both mentally and physically. It instills in us that other inhabitants of this earth don't deserve our respect, and it teaches us to not be more conscious about what we put into our bodies.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

^ Because they are living beings with feelings and souls. As "soft" as that answer might sound to most of you, that is the truth behind the matter. It is not right to treat anyone/anything (both equal man doesn't > animal) and anyone that is shown treating animals like they are just pieces of meat need to be dealt with.

Raising for food and abusing are not the same thing. That is the issue. Abuse.

Truth. If you guys are interested in this stuff, watch Food Inc. by Robert Kenner. Goes more in depth about animal cruelty in the food industry.

def not trying to start anything jus to preface..and animal cruelty is NEVER right, for any reason..

theyre not blue ribbon dogs who are our family pets..nor are they animals in the wild fending for themselves...

these are farm bred animals that are only alive to grow fat and be ate....did not watch the vid btw(you seen one you seen em all)

So you're basically stating that it was ok to treat slaves the way they were treated?
Their purpose was to serve, so it didn't matter what happened to them?
*don't give me the "but their human" argument, they weren't seen as equal back then*

srs, i'm waiting

Originally Posted by capuT

So you're basically stating that it was ok to treat slaves the way they were treated?
*don't give me the "but their human" argument, they weren't seen as equal back then*

srs, i'm waiting
this^
its funny how people dont care..but if i slammed their dog against the wall and pacakged that fool as a mcRib you wouldnt be singing the same song

*don't give me the "but they're human" argument, they weren't seen as equal back then*

srs, i'm waiting
QFT.

Animal cruelty to me is also like bad parents of "special"children. They didn't do anything wrong and have no clue what's going on and why they are getting abused.

Originally Posted by kingjamesvehs

this^
its funny how people dont care..but if i slammed their dog against the wall and pacakged that fool as a mcRib you wouldnt be singing the same song
"It is different with dogs. They were placed here on earth to be our companions."
grin.gif

srs, i'm waiting
As a black man I'm offended you would compare the struggle of my people to that of a sandwich ingredient
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

srs, i'm waiting
As a black man I'm offended you would compare the struggle of my people to that of a sandwich ingredient
30t6p3b.gif
lulwut? you're mad i brought up a valid point? It's the principle. Your missing the point, back then african americans weren't seen as humans (why else would they have been slaves). 

you say that chickens are just an ingredient? they said blacks were property...
what's your point?

srs, i'm waiting
30t6p3b.gif
Oh, so humans are more important than animals. Got it. 

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

srs, i'm waiting
30t6p3b.gif
oh so you're one of those people.
Look at how humans handled Katrina.. humans put animals over people at one point. You got dogs on a greyhound bus leaving the scene vs. people being couped up in the Superdome.
wrong2.jpg

srs, i'm waiting
30t6p3b.gif

Yes, very much so.
laugh.gif
at comparing killing animals for food to slavery, what a terrible straw argument.

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

30t6p3b.gif
oh so you're one of those people.
Look at how humans handled Katrina.. humans put animals over people at one point. You got dogs on a greyhound bus leaving the scene vs. people being couped up in the Superdome.
wrong2.jpg
Yes, I'm one of those people. A person that is capable of understanding the concept of empathy. Now, what point were you trying to make with your post?

I'm extremely empathetic towards the fair treatment of all living beings. The point I am making is that in the instance of a natural disaster... who should come first?

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

30t6p3b.gif

Yes, very much so.
laugh.gif
at comparing killing animals for food to slavery, what a terrible straw argument.
O rly? Says who? I'm curious what objective moral authority stated that it's acceptable to treat animals terribly and that humans are more important than animals. Do tell.

Back
Top Bottom