McDonalds Hires 62,000, Turns Away Over 938,000 Applicants...

Tried to get a job three times at Kroger, never got the job.

I've been seeing some new baggers there.... Two have Down's syndrome.
ohwell.gif

Saltine, eye yam.
mad.gif
tired.gif
Props to them getting the job though.

ohwell.gif

Saltine, eye yam.
mad.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

ohwell.gif

Saltine, eye yam.
mad.gif
tired.gif
wait wut

ohwell.gif

Saltine, eye yam.
mad.gif
tired.gif
wait wut

So many people didn't get hired:/ Good for the people that did though. Hopefully they keep it and work hard

So many people didn't get hired:/ Good for the people that did though. Hopefully they keep it and work hard

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Who is to blame when capitalist aren't producing new jobs?

Capitalists are producing jobs... 
in China, India, Mexico, MENA, etc.
laugh.gif

Joke's on the American people. 
smokin.gif

Why employ a couple thousand American workers that are educated and trained when you can outsource and pay foreign workers a fraction of that wage.  Keeping American workers doesn't pay for the fuel on the private jet, or that bonus that will buy another vacation home.

On top of that let's get the American media to spread propaganda and blame immigrants for taking low paying jobs menial jobs on American soil, while we ship thousands of jobs overseas.  They will be so pissed at immigrants (illegal and legal) that they wont even realize that we CEO's of corporate America are the one's eliminating good paying jobs in order to receive bigger bonuses.  GENIUS!

Spoiler [+]
30t6p3b.gif
Spoiler [+]
indifferent.gif
Yup you hit the nail on the head. On top of that... we nearly eliminated most of our blue collar work force so... batta bing, batta boom etc. Just gotta keep grinding...

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif

smokin.gif

Why employ a couple thousand American workers that are educated and trained when you can outsource and pay foreign workers a fraction of that wage.  Keeping American workers doesn't pay for the fuel on the private jet, or that bonus that will buy another vacation home.

On top of that let's get the American media to spread propaganda and blame immigrants for taking low paying jobs menial jobs on American soil, while we ship thousands of jobs overseas.  They will be so pissed at immigrants (illegal and legal) that they wont even realize that we CEO's of corporate America are the one's eliminating good paying jobs in order to receive bigger bonuses.  GENIUS!

Spoiler [+]
30t6p3b.gif
Spoiler [+]
indifferent.gif
Yup you hit the nail on the head. On top of that... we nearly eliminated most of our blue collar work force so... batta bing, batta boom etc. Just gotta keep grinding...

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

ohwell.gif

Saltine, eye yam.
mad.gif
tired.gif
wait wut
He tried three separate times to get a job at the local super market but he lost out to several other applicants, two of whom have Down syndrome. He's salty he's not in their position but at the same time congratulates them on their success.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

ohwell.gif

Saltine, eye yam.
mad.gif
tired.gif
wait wut
He tried three separate times to get a job at the local super market but he lost out to several other applicants, two of whom have Down syndrome. He's salty he's not in their position but at the same time congratulates them on their success.

Job market is no joke right now. My mom runs a legal publishing company and put a Craigslist ad out for a $13/hr proofreading job. Show up on President's Weekend, either Saturday or Monday, take a proofreading and editing test. If you do well enough on the test you get to come back for an interview later. I proctored the tests. She expected about 25 people to show up...80 people took the test. And it wasn't a bunch of recent college grads. Lawyers, people who worked in publishing for 20+ years, people in their 50s. It was crazy. Out of 80 she interviewed only five, and hired two. She's been running her own company for more than 20 years now and said in the past when she's put an ad out, she'd be lucky to get 10 people to show up.

Job market is no joke right now. My mom runs a legal publishing company and put a Craigslist ad out for a $13/hr proofreading job. Show up on President's Weekend, either Saturday or Monday, take a proofreading and editing test. If you do well enough on the test you get to come back for an interview later. I proctored the tests. She expected about 25 people to show up...80 people took the test. And it wasn't a bunch of recent college grads. Lawyers, people who worked in publishing for 20+ years, people in their 50s. It was crazy. Out of 80 she interviewed only five, and hired two. She's been running her own company for more than 20 years now and said in the past when she's put an ad out, she'd be lucky to get 10 people to show up.

laugh.gif

How do you suggest changing this? Protectionism? Serious question, not trying to be sarcastic or anything

Also as a freshman in college, what do you suggest majoring in? I'm kinda lost right now, especially with the way the economy is. I'm not paying anything, and I'll be able to get a master's for free too, but I still want to get a meaningful degree...

laugh.gif

How do you suggest changing this? Protectionism? Serious question, not trying to be sarcastic or anything

Also as a freshman in college, what do you suggest majoring in? I'm kinda lost right now, especially with the way the economy is. I'm not paying anything, and I'll be able to get a master's for free too, but I still want to get a meaningful degree...

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I'm about to graduate with an English degree this semester and publishing was one of the career paths suggested to me. Is it a field worth looking into or is it something that doesn't allow much progression?

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I'm about to graduate with an English degree this semester and publishing was one of the career paths suggested to me. Is it a field worth looking into or is it something that doesn't allow much progression?

Back
Top Bottom