McDonald's Website for Black People

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

smh.gif
@ people arguing about history when they're ignorant of the facts

ps. why does everyone want to win the "the who had it worst?" contest? THAT's something you want to win?
no but at the end of the day Im not going to sit here and let people downplay our history in America...
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Who's downplaying your history? From what I see in this thread it's the other way around[/color]
laugh.gif
smh.gif

no such thing as the other way....civil rights movements isnt even 75 yrs old so what are you really trying to say.....a price can never be repaid for all thestuff that happened....but i'm not gonna sit here and entertain your ignorance...

smh.gif

ps. why does everyone want to win the "the who had it worst?" contest? THAT's something you want to win?
no but at the end of the day Im not going to sit here and let people downplay our history in America...
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Who's downplaying your history? From what I see in this thread it's the other way around[/color]
laugh.gif
smh.gif
no such thing as the other way....civil rights movements isnt even 75 yrs old so what are you really trying to say.....a price can never be repaid for all the stuff that happened....but i'm not gonna sit here and entertain your ignorance...
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Am I talking to a dud? & What do you mean "no such thing asthe other way"?[/color]
indifferent.gif

.slavery and the civils rights movements are major history points in American history...and dude trying to downplay it and compare it to some indentured servants
laugh.gif
.....where they do that at?
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Your entire language there proves my point, if anyone is downplayinganything it's YOU and others like you making it seem like Asians didn't have to go through some +%!# as well

Like dirty said:[/color]
why does everyone want to win the "the who had it worst?" contest?

you act like blacks weren't indentured servants....seriously check up on your history....indenture servants had hard labor but they were under contractsand weren't "owned".....niketalk is something...i swear i never encounter so much bitterness until i come on here......asians trying to say theyhad it just as bad as blacks in america....thats a slap to every enslaved and hung person that existed in this country ....indentured servant DO NOT equal aslave......

smh.gif
......and no its not a contest but at the same time why try to discredit the millions on blacks that were effected back then.....that would be like medownplaying what happened to the Jews.....thats one thing blacks and jews have in common...other races stay trying to downplay what happened to our ancestors
smh.gif

i responded to prod....high rep made a lil statement.....responded to him .....then you you and prod seemed to have an issue w/ what i typed....so i respondedto both of yall.....end of the day mcdonalds is reaching out more less for profit then anything else.....i got a lil defensive but i've seen prod'spost before and he always got some slick stuff to say

why try to discredit the millions on blacks that were effected back then
where do you get this?
who is discrediting anyone?

b/c one person said Chinese were laborers?...THAT's discrediting slavery to you?

where do you get this?

b/c one person said Chinese were laborers?...THAT's discrediting slavery to you?

i mean why bring it up? laborers =/= slavery......it just doesn't.....he tried making a point but a point wasn't made....other races including blackswere indentured servants but i never stated that in my original response....i said "slavery" so it was funny to me that he brought that up...

they tried too hard when it comes to marketing, their product should just sell itself without gimmicks.

America has a long, ugly history of racism. Americans imported hundreds of thousands of Chinese in the 1800s to build the railroads, but there were laws passedthat didn't allow Asians to marry, Asians to testify in court, and Asians to become US citizens. This resulted in the lynching and killing of many AsianAmericans, because since Asians were not allowed to testify in court, they were powerless to defend themselves. For every one mile of railroad built, it isestimated that one Chinese died. There were literally hundreds of anti-asian laws that made life for Asians in American hell, and these laws did not getrepealed until 1960.

Everybody knows about manifest destiny and how American settlers displaced hundreds of thousands of Mexicans from their home and stole their land. TheseMexicans initially welcomed the American foreigners, and the Americans viewed the Mexicans as wonderfully kind and hospitable. However, by 1900 most Mexicansin California and Texas were removed from their homes, and ended up poor and homeless.

Arguing about who had it worst is absolutely pointless, because discrimination and racism has no face. It is always better to share in our commonalities, thanfocus on our differences.

As far as McDonalds goes, it seems like merely an (poor) effort by a giant conglomerate to appeal to different markets. I personally hate eating at McDonaldsbecause of the disgusting quality of their food. Just think about it - how can a giant company expect to feed billions around the World with cheap prices andexpect to maintain the quality of their food. Just venture inside one of the Vegetarian threads, or watch any movie regarding the food industry to learn moreabout that...

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Black people dont liek taking a drive/walk to the nearest McDonalds anymore?!
ohwell.gif

What do you mean?

That Mcdonalds site is to deliver McDonalds to african-Americans
come on man for real?

roll.gif

duke saw '365black' and immediately assumed Mickey Ds would deliver to black folk year-round

I swear, Niketalkers are some of the DUMBEST creatures on the planet
nahhhh.. i dont mean deliver TO BLACK PEOPLE only but im saying its advertised to African-Americans. So mostly African-Americans and minoritiesare going to order McDoanlds from this site.

ITS NOT A MCDONALD'S BUY OUR FOOD SITE ITS BLACK HISTORY/COMMUNITY SITE STARTED BY A BLACK MAN.

IS THE RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE WEBSITE A CONSPIRACY AGAINST SICK KIDS???????????

where do you get this?

i mean why bring it up? laborers =/= slavery......it just doesn't.....
Why bring this up in the first place? 365black =/= going through slavery. Lets be honest you started this debate for no reason at all.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Why not make a site for White people and Asians as well? This is %#@#+** retarted[/color]
indifferent.gif

cause yall don't have a history of being slaves in america.....

LifeLessons wrote:

LifeLessons wrote:
Dirtylicious wrote:
smh.gif

Who's downplaying your history? From what I see in this thread it's the other way around
laugh.gif
smh.gif

no such thing as the other way....civil rights movements isnt even 75 yrs old so what are you really trying to say.....a price can never be repaid for all the stuff that happened....but i'm not gonna sit here and entertain your ignorance...

African Americans definitely had it bad, but for you to discredit hardships of other races in this country is just ignorance at its finest. African Americanshave the most publicized heritage of abuse and racism, but that doesn't make anyone elses hardships any less harsh and crule. Thats like saying "Iwould rather get stabbed in my arm rather than my leg." It's all damaging to a people as a whole no matter if you're Black, Hispanic or Asian.

Back
Top Bottom