McGrady's Top 10 Plays: The Rivalry that Could've Been

My personal favorite player ever, even over Bron.
Dude was SOOOO 
sick.gif

just gotta say what could have been ... like penny and hill and all the other great talents that were robbed

Not my personal favorite player but his 13 points in 35 second run is THE MOST IMPRESSIVE single feet any NBA player can do...

T-Mac has turned into the generation after the Penny Hardaway stans.

10 years ago every month on NT we would get these same type of threads.

Originally Posted by chino905

T-Mac
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
my favorite player during my high school days

Yeees my Middle - Highschool 
The three performances that I will never forget are the 13 in 30 secs, the playoff dunk on the Mavs dude, and when he dropped 60+ on us the Wizards lol I remember getting off the couch and going crazy after he hit the last 3 to cap off the comeback on the Spurs

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

Originally Posted by Antidope

One of the most fun players to watch in the early-mid 2000s if not THE most exciting player
I'll never forget that Spurs game, being a Spurs fan myself that is embedded in my brain forever

I will never forget that game either
pimp.gif
I was living in SA at the time, and got to see arguably the greatest last-minute comeback of all time
I remember just randomly watching it on TNT. It was a late night West Coast game and that got me SO hype I couldn't sleep for a while. Definitely will never forget that. Such an epic come back. 99.5% of the time, Spurs win that game no problem. 
sick.gif
sick.gif

Also that 32/6/5 stat line in a season where NO ONE could score 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Gotta show my boy Tmac love 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The 13 in 33 still gives me chills.  I'm just glad I caught it live.  I remember literally jumping out of my bed when he made that last 3.  One of my favorite Tmac moments.

Another moment I love from him is when he dropped 8 3's on the Cavs when Bron was a rookie in the first half ALONE(just had to add that he was 8/8 by the way).  That game however pretty much summed up Tmac's career.  Was looking like he was about to have a MONSTER game, but of course, he comes out in the 3rd quarter and gets injured within the first minute and had to leave for the rest of the game.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Please T-Mac was NEVER in the same class with Kobe and shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath.

T-Mac in his prime before his injuries was just a flashy shooter who scored a lot.

He did not have the same complete game like Kobe where Kobe could shut guys down on defense. T-Mac has never been known as a defensive player.

Also offensively Kobe's post up game, mid range game are better than T-Mac's.
And were talking about a guy who could never lead any of his teams out of the 1st round.

You just describe kobe 05-07.

wink.gif
and this year. He's a taller Iverson. 

Put T-mac on the Lakers with Shaq and your telling me he wouldn't have 3 rings or more?

Originally Posted by 7Jordan7

Put T-mac on the Lakers with Shaq and your telling me he wouldn't have 3 rings or more?
Def would have made it out the 1st round
laugh.gif

T-Mac is my dude though..

When Mike retired after the 6th chip i stopped following bball. Lost interest entirely. Plus there was hardly any coverage here in the UK.... I only got back into it when i heard he was coming back to the Wizards (yes i know, hardcore stan
embarassed.gif
) By then it was a different league, i remember checking online to see how he was doing. He was putting up about 20ppg which was good all things considered. I knew a lot of the names who were above him in scoring, Kobe, Shaq, A.I etc... but when i saw McGrady at the top, I thought how the **@% some Irish dude putting up numbers like this??
30t6p3b.gif

Anyway i check the highlights and it turns out he wasn't a pilgrim
laugh.gif
.....absolutely filthy perimeter scorer though..His game was so smooth and the way he used to beat double teams
30t6p3b.gif

Been checking for him ever since
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Scott Padgent ,Andre barrett and Reece Gaines were on the court with TMac and Yao at crunch time ... are you %#!@%%@ kidding me
laugh.gif
that Rockets team was Trash

Back
Top Bottom