McScam: How an Ex-Cop Rigged McDonald’s Monopoly Game and Stole Millions...

When I was worked in Mickey D's my supervisors let me take a stack of cups home to find a prize lol. Didnt win nothing tho.

Just finished reading the entire article. What a trip. Like it mentioned, it would have got more national attention if the trial hadn't started the day before the 9/11 attacks.

Did I read that right? Dude only got 37 months in jail and some others are only having to pay back $50/month?

White collar crimes do pay.

Sadly. They need to be thankful 9/11 happened. This went way under the radar to the point their sentences are all a joke.

I already knew McDonalds monopoly game was rigged, it was used as marketing tool for people to buy more McDonald's food while the game was running.

Stupid I remember buying a ish load of fries everyday after high school cause I had 2 green pieces and needed one more.

Interesting. Jacobsen got too greedy. From a perspective they believe the mafia may have ratted. Another thing was that guy who lived not so far away who wasn’t supposed to claim the win. Which added up later against the winners.....

Last edited:
Dude got too greedy too fast, if he would have just kept it to himself or a very tight close circle and spread it out more he could have gotten away with it.

The story made him out to be Paul Blart :lol:

My mom was actually the lead forensic accountant in this case- it was a while ago but a really big deal for the FBI at the time. The really took these guys down hard and McDonald's monopoly has never been the same sense.

Dude got too greedy too fast, if he would have just kept it to himself or a very tight close circle and spread it out more he could have gotten away with it.

The story made him out to be Paul Blart :lol:
The guy really was - I don't remember every detail but I think he def could have got away with it but he literally could not stay low key whatsoever.

Jacobson got caught purely because he wanted to make friends that all lived in a 100 mile radius. All he had to do was travel and have an operation on every coast :smh:

....but reading that story jogged a suppressed memory in my mind of me finding a gray M&M and eating it and thinking I was gonna get sick. This was around 97-98 too :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Yo what color m&m was it back in the day they had people search for to wi a bunch of money

Time out time out ... the game is continuous?

giphy (2).gif

All this time i thought it started over every year!

I got that Park Place piece, who got that Boardwalk? Let’s team up and split the grand prize. :nerd:

Great read! Guy could have cashed in a hand full of times over a decade and likely gotten away with it, instead he got greedy. Definitely movie material.

awesome article...
burger king tried to get in on the lawsuit...:lol:
crazy how dude just casually met a "mob boss" at the airport...

could mcdonalds get sued now for having a corrupt game, where people bought food just to get pieces back in the day ...... when no real prize was ever going to be paid off

Makes sense. The only time i thought i saw someone with a claimed prize was that time i saw khaled get lost on a jet ski.

Back
Top Bottom