Me & my boy got hit by a semi-truck.. HELP!

So me & my boy were headed to this broads crib in the downtown area to pre funk & a bit before the exit we get rear ended by this fu**in' semi truck.. Deep penetration! It wasn't too serious but my boys bumper & back window are shot & getting repaired in the a.m.

I'm wondering how me & my boy can get over since I know truck insurance covers a lot and we are victims : )

I'd post the photo but I don't have a clue on how to post on NT mobile...

Thanks for all that will give good info. Might raffle away a few yezzys if we come up!

That smiley face at the end makes me not feel as sorry. Kind of creepy actually.

You should be happy to be alive, and not be thinking about money right now.

Last edited:
AirThompson : Oh trust me! Me and my friend are extremely happy on how it turned out. Def. could've been a lot worse..

Glad u guys walked away. Hopefully there's no lingering effect/aches..... Its not always bout 'getting over', sometimes surviving can be enough. With that said, get what you can.

The lingering effects is what I'm scared of.. But we are grateful that we can sleep in our beds tonight.

It did end our night early but I can live with that

We told the cops every aspect.. We were sober & the guy who drove the semi looked off (somewhat tired). Any advice or information that'll help will be helpful NT

cant really help you out with this sort of situation but the deep penetration sounds like it could be painful OP. Please be safe. Hope everything works out ok.

First find a proven personal injury lawyer; A good lawyer can mean a settlement that is twice as large than a lesser lawyer would achieve. Research "Soft Tissue Damage", it's the easiest choice. If you want to play the back pain angle, claim shooting leg pain "sciatica". Both of those two are really hard to prove and verify by an insurance company/doctor. To achieve a maximum payout you might have to put up with a year of physio/massage therapy. For the mental trauma you can claim anything that would cause you anxiety to drive or be in a car, you can do this to whatever degree or extreme you feel comfortable with (I'm not too experienced with this type of trauma in accidents).

First find a proven personal injury lawyer; A good lawyer can mean a settlement that is twice as large than a lesser lawyer would achieve. Research "Soft Tissue Damage", it's the easiest choice. If you want to play the back pain angle, claim shooting leg pain "sciatica". Both of those two are really hard to prove and verify by an insurance company/doctor. To achieve a maximum payout you might have to put up with a year of physio/massage therapy. For the mental trauma you can claim anything that would cause you anxiety to drive or be in a car, you can do this to whatever degree or extreme you feel comfortable with (I'm not too experienced with this type of trauma in accidents).

The last thing you should do is get a lawyer... Make sure you contact the truck company's settlement department and get a claim number ASAP. Go through all the physical therapy and rehab process until you are back to 100%. Settle your claim afterwards.

If they try to lowball you or compensate you for less than youre expecting you can then hire a lawyer if you think it will benefit you on getting a better settlement. Remember lawyers will get a cut whether they are able to get you more money or not. You pretty much turn your claim over to the lawyer and it's the lawyer who will actually cut you the check instead of the truck company so you know theyre taking a cut. You will def. be compensated but don't think you'll get rich off this. The truck company can actually file a counter claim on you if you try to do too much.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input guys (serious & jokingly) lol.. I was planning to contact the settlement department & get a small chunk. Not really looking to get over but a comfortable amount will suffice.

Thanks for all the input guys (serious & jokingly) lol.. I was planning to contact the settlement department & get a small chunk. Not really looking to get over but a comfortable amount will suffice.
I don't think it's that easy. The insurance company probably won't want to cut you a check if you aren't injured. And if you claim you are, they'll want proof (hospital or chiropractor bills). You have up to a year or two to file a bodily injury claim which covers lingering effects. Generally speaking tho, more damage done to the car = bigger payouts on injury settlements.

Back
Top Bottom