Me & my boy got hit by a semi-truck.. HELP!

If some of you wonder why you pay so much for car insurance and you live in a litigious area, people like OP are why.

People like OP and the juries (if there was an eventual trial) think that it's just free money that falls out of the sky when the insurance company pays out settlements.

Last edited:
Should have went to the hospital and faked pain. I did this when I was 8 and it was a come up. Got my first computer and a gameboy advance out of it

First find a proven personal injury lawyer; A good lawyer can mean a settlement that is twice as large than a lesser lawyer would achieve. Research "Soft Tissue Damage", it's the easiest choice. If you want to play the back pain angle, claim shooting leg pain "sciatica". Both of those two are really hard to prove and verify by an insurance company/doctor..
:lol: Good luck.

You walk away and the first thing you do is start thinking about how you can make a quick buck? Even talking about making up false claims of nightmares and phobias?

You're straight scum. No other way around it. The U.S. mentality of sue sue sue is absurd. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

I'm scum because me & my boy got hit by a semi-truck? Yeah **** to whoever thinks that.. If I get a mental disorder everytime I see a truck and / or can't get on the freeway then I might as well compensate for it. Or if I develop back problems in the near future then what.. The semi driver hit us like he was playing twisted metal *que birdman* gif

Lol @ homie who got a computer and gameboy

From Portland, OR to the guy who asked..

We told the cops every aspect.. We were sober & the guy who drove the semi looked off (somewhat tired). Any advice or information that'll help will be helpful NT
Do you OP...

but consider the driver, your (fake) lawsuit could cost dude his job and you said it yourself "he looked off (somewhat tired)". I mean driving 12+ hours or w/e has to be taxing and the fact dude is a truck driver would lead me to assume he probably isn't the most educated (degree-wise) meaning he probably can't just go out and find another job as decent paying as his truck job. Potentially ruining him, his wife, kids or family's livelihood. Gotta think about all the (potential) consequences.

With all that said, if you do develop real back pain, then yes, sue the pants off the truck company. Medical bills are no joke. :x

I would just get the police report and number, contact your insurance, visit your doctor if any pains and see what happens. If you want to go that fake injury route, do you. I doubt the driver will get fired because that is apart of there truck driving business. Unless the driver has several accidents under his belt but I know nothing of being a driver.

Good you not seriously injured. If you're actually hurt, then by all means try and get compensated for it, but can't respect it if you trying to get money from a fake injury.

Feel me mALIZ! I ain't trying to pay out of pocket in the up coming years because of this..

A truck driver won't get fired based on an accident. I talked to my boys dad who does this type of work..

I'm not trying to fake an injury, just trying to get like 10k after insurance covers car damage. And that's low balling myself

:lol: 10 racks? I got a brake job one time and the shop tried to cheapskate and put a used master cylinder in, the brakes completely failed less than 2 days later when I was coming off a ramp from the interstate at about 50 into congested traffic waiting to get through the gate to Ft Sill. I ended up swerving around everyone and crashed into a cement block sign and ran over some lights in the process (almost hit a cannon), hurt my knee a bit and ruined my car (although not totalled, should have been though). Guess what I got out of it. Not ****, just got my money back and took it to a better shop. I probably could have sued the **** out of them but I was just happy to be alive. I was heading to Dallas later that day so it could have happened when I was going 80+ down 35

Last edited:
:lol: 10 racks? I got a brake job one time and the shop tried to cheapskate and put a used master cylinder in, the brakes completely failed less than 2 days later when I was coming off a ramp from the interstate at about 50 into congested traffic waiting to get through the gate to Ft Sill. I ended up swerving around everyone and crashed into a cement block sign and ran over some lights in the process (almost hit a cannon), hurt my knee a bit and ruined my car (although not totalled, should have been though). Guess what I got out of it. Not ****, just got my money back and took it to a better shop. I probably could have sued the **** out of them but I was just happy to be alive. I was heading to Dallas later that day so it could have happened when I was going 80+ down 35

THIS calls for a legitimate suit.

dam that is grimey. i would have shut down dudes business. scum mechanics dont realize ppl's lives are at stake behind the wheel. what if you were in a school zone and hit a kid :smh:

For a government worker you don't seem too bright..

It's going to cost You more than what you will get

Are you a lawyer too?

Last edited:
LOL at 10k.These insurance companies are not stupid and they have variety of lawyers working for them. If you have a fracture or a tear, you may be able to get 20k, but it doesnt seem like it. A simple tear can come back years later and affect you later on...and i rather NOT get any injuries and forget about the money.

As for you, you seem to want compensation for a possible mental disorder and back pain. Most likely, you will get your medical bills covered and that's it.

I was involved in a head on collision a couple years ago and I ended up going to physical therapy, chiro, acupuncture, dr visits, several mri's due to neck and lower back pain. I had thousands of dollars in medical bills due to receiving treatment for about 8-9 months. I'm just happy I didnt get seriously injured. As for my friend, he got a tear or a fracture and he got a nice lump sum (>15k) and I got <10k. I'd much rather get my settlement and no tears that can affect me in the future. Just be happy you're not in any pain because it could have gone far worse.

and LOL@ at 10k is lowballing. There's a elder man who got hit by a truck causing him to have significant physical damage that affected his mobility. Guess what buddy? He got 80k + his medical bills covered. You got away with no major damages and you're thinking you're gonna get at least 10k? This guy almost died and now he can barely walk and he only got 80k.

edit:  anyways, if you're really gonna chase after the money, get a lawyer. Refuse any settlement directly from the insurance company.

Last edited:
I don't think OP is smart enough to pull off this fraud. They might give you a lowball settlement (WELL under 10 racks) just to be done with you, but as everyone has said, they aren't stupid. They have lawyers and claims investigators who exist simply to help them not have to make payouts. You keep mentioning hypothetical emotional trauma and back pain, which it really seems like you don't have but are just leveraging to try to weasel money, you think they are just going to take your word and hand you a massive check?

If you are going to do it, at the least you should probably have not posted this online. I'm not suggesting your claims adjuster is an NTer, although that would be so hilarious, but you for example say back pain. Don't let yourself be seen in the gym playing intramural league or racquetball under this ordeal is done. You mention mental trauma and being scared to get on the interstate, I hope you aren't driving yourself around in the meantime. You got a police report? X rays and doctor's statement? Witnesses and their contact info? You won't get **** but laughed out of the office or off the phone when you try to convince them that you have nightmares now every time you see an 18 wheeler

^ I dont think they would spy on him that hard lol...they have thousands of other cases to look into. But these guys have their own lawyers (who are also MD/PA/NP/RN) to judge if these guys are lying about their injuries. Like I said, they are not stupid and you're a fool if you think you're gonna get 10k with your fake self diagnosis.

Back
Top Bottom