Meek Mill Street Cred??

My bro live in Philly and said Meek run the city.Idk how over cats like Beans, Gillie, etc. He seem like a real dude from his music. I know he caught a case a while back, for what Idk but my dude is swearing he heavy in the streets. Anybody know any truth to this?

If he really is some super street dude, what does that say about Ross and everybody that thinks he on his Gusto?

Ross is affiliated with the Booby Boys (sp?) C.O. or not. Ya'll can figure that out.

Meek got knocked on a dealer charge right after his deal with TIP had been made official...then when he got out then TIP went in jail so the deal couldn't go anywhere and he signed with MMG.
That being said, what does any of this have to do with the quality of their music? 

Cause on that accord, Maino is supposed be dropping classics. 
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Another street cred thread.

I'm losing faith in Hip Hop...and the fans are partly to blame.

Meek's got a record couldnt tell you how heavy he is in his city but heavy or not street dudes will mess with a dude thats not bout that life if it mean money soo its doesnt say anything thing about William other than he liked Meek's music maybe

I think it's safe to say, any rapper from Philly that isn't getting tested or publicly humiliated has street cred.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

laugh.gif
exactly, on an internet board talking about who's affiliated with who cmon man. I think a degree of "realness" that's connected with street cred has always been
a big issue in hip hop but these days it's laughable at best. 

Ross's affiliation w/ the Boobie Boys is loose, at best. He wasn't running w/ them. All them dudes are under the jail,
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

30t6p3b.gif
*$!$ is so corny man...nothing about the life is desirable.

"nothing about the life is desirable"....ultimately the money is which is why people do it. I agree with what you're saying in principle. But people do a lot of wild %#+* for paper.

Sadly though, "the life" IS a reality.

This thread was bound to be comedy.

Cats act like "street cred" means nothing but quick to come in here and take up for their man talking about Ross being "affiliated". No contradiction there.

Ross is smart to align himself with credible dudes. Anytime these "crews" get put together, street dudes are usually a part of it.

Even he knows it means something to some people. Why else would he go out of his way to lie about his past if the truth didn't matter in some way?

If it doesn't mean anything to you....cool.

I #$%@ with Meek. "I'm A Boss" was the anthem for a minute. I don't know about "street cred". But I get an honest vibe from Meek that reflects in his music. From what I have heard of it.

Again, it doesn't have to be a rapper saying "I sell drugs and kill people" and me acting like I relate to that.

"Scared money don't make no money, if I ever go broke, I'ma take your money". That hunger. That determination. That willingness to take a risk. That get rich at all costs mentality. This is all relatable.

"They say they gon' rob me, see me never do %#+*". I been there. I grew up in a rough area. When I started going to good schools and hanging out with "the whiteboys", cats tried to play me. I used to hear whispers. Cats used to yell stupid %#+* out their windows. Nobody brought it to me straight up.

I couldn't quote one of Ross' lines from the same song. Does he have some relatable lyrics in his songs? I'm sure he does. But how can I relate when so much of what he SAYS is already questionable?

Go ahead and say it's "entertainment". As if that's a disclaimer that allows it all to be *%%@%+!#. You know who the first rapper to call himself an "entertainer" was? MC Hammer. I guess this is all progress for the better? It's a good thing that it's all for "entertainment" now?

You should have lost faith in Hip Hop when cats stopped rapping from the heart to put on a show for the masses.

Entertainment is what you perceive it. Some people find dog fighting entertaining. But dogs really die off that %#+*.

Music is an art. Art can entertain. Film making is an art. Some prefer films like Independence Day. Some prefer documentaries.

Sports can entertain. Some prefer WWE. Some prefer MMA. Some like the Harlem Globetrotters. Others the NBA. Though it's usually children that dig one more than the other.

Some people prefer the illusion and the fantasy. Others prefer a certain level of reality. To each, his own. But don't act like either perspective is THAT outlandish.

End rant. CashBanks, ThunderChunk and dreClark have said good things.

Damn. It didn't feel that long when I typed it. But I had a few drinks at a lunch meeting. Might've gotten carried away. HA!

Originally Posted by illphillip

Damn. It didn't feel that long when I typed it. But I had a few drinks at a lunch meeting. Might've gotten carried away. HA!
SillyPutty lookin boy

Originally Posted by illphillip

I couldn't quote one of Ross' lines from the same song. Does he have some relatable lyrics in his songs? I'm sure he does. But how can I relate when so much of what he SAYS is already questionable?
True but he did say "*%@+ a blog dog cause one day we gon meet"
DjVladBEATUP2.jpg

Point taken. Like I said, I don't really listen to dude. He put in that work?

Funny thing is, he snuffed Vlad for writing a TRUE story. Again about the CO *+@@. Look how mad he got at the truth being revealed.

I don't even know where to begin.

street dudes that rap arent killers........

maybe slung a lil dope but nobosy wasnt king-pining  these streets..

My moms probably sold more weight than ross..... 
indifferent.gif

Every single time I see a thread discussing a rappers "street cred" I think of Haze and Ninjahood
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

That being said, what does any of this have to do with the quality of their music? 
Whats that got to do with the question OP asked?

My thing is, if you really deep in the streets like how they claim they are, why even become a rapper? That's calling too much attention to you and your movements.

Back
Top Bottom