mehh..

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

I don't get it, regardless the context in all those quotes suggest that things were apprehensive.

In that context, Jesus befriended someone he 'knew' was evil? WUH!?!?!?!!

Point of the story is that Judas betraying him and causing his death which would bring him closer to the kingdom of heaven. Him having knowledge of it happening is part of Jesus having to prepare to die from this world to rise and live in the heavens. 
Jesus is even praising Judas in some instances because from the perspective of Jesus, living in this physical world was hell and being free from it is better than being trapped in the physical flesh. 

Not here to argue about the facts and possibility. I'm speaking in the context of the story. 

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Keyword: "Learn"

So what do kids learn at church? 

If you want to teach creationism in schools, why cant we teach evolution in church?

What do you mean what do kids learn in church?

Wait when did Public school become the church of evolution? Wouldn't it be better for the children to learn ALL the possibilities and not just 1? I chose God because the proof is in the pudding for me. Actually why would science cancel God out anyway? Never understood that.

So "god" really didn't do anything then.

Thanks for confirming that "god" is a mental placebo.

Beause I can get energized chanting a team song or hearing the crowd scream my name. 

LOVE how you always speak on behalf of god and ALWAYS know what god means when something happens. Only you have the direct line.

Putty I don't know what EXACT effect God had. But I know what happened has helped many people through many different issues. Not just football.

I wouldn't say I have a direct line like I can just text God. But I do know faith is very powerful. 

Precisely. 

You don't know what effect god has but you still assert it had one...and you don't even have an inkling of a clue. God was pretty important in Tebow's performance, right? Since he went to the Super Bowl and all, right?...Nevermind that was Tom Brady. 

7xlTa.png

You're a liar.

The smart thing to do would be to say "I don't know" 

Stop making things up. Its less embarrassing when you get called out on it.

How am I a liar for saying God has had some kind of effect on Tim Tebow? I even said I don't know the exact effect but I believe he had one.

Tom has a point. God gave us certain things from jump. Tom Brady has been in the NFL a long time and has worked very hard to play at a top level. Maybe Tom's faith help him like its helped Tebow reach this level. Maybe with enough work Tebow will reach Tom's Level.

How am I a liar though?

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Originally Posted by cap1229

You always have a choice. Always.
Not if you believe in an all-powerful, all-knowing creator.

Well a theory I have.

Current-Map.jpg

This is a transit map. Now what I'm thinking is that our lives are like this. Will can take many different routes to many different locations. With many different stops along the way. We choose what bus we get on. Sometimes on those buses we cross paths with people who we make a significant connection with.

Me for example. I started out working in a local chili restaurant. I didn't want to for many different reasons. I could have quit because I was treat poorly for some time. But I stayed on the bus long enough where I saw a new shopping mall (new job right upstairs. SAME BUILDING). I got off the bus I was on and got on another. Now this new bus has put me with some pretty influential people who may be able to get me to a even bigger and better mall. We'll see though. It's looking good though.

Hope this made a lick of sense
laugh.gif
I don't really disagree with what you're saying, but you're not providing an explanation for how god can be the creator of everything, know everything that his creation will ever do, and still allow for his creation to make its own choices. 

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Uh. No.
People sometimes provide explanations for why they disagree. 
Because you always have a choice of what you want to do and what you want to believe in life.
You said No. Not if you believe in faith.

As if one no longer makes his or her choices in everyday life. Like someone is a puppet/a vegetable of a human because one believes in "A/The word".

If someone believes today. They might not choose to tmw.

So i dont get how someone CANT have a choice if they believe in a allknowing/allpowerful being.
Allow me to clarify. What I'm saying is that if god is all-powerful and all-knowing, free will cannot exist. 

I don't really disagree with what you're saying, but you're not providing an explanation for how god can be the creator of everything, know everything that his creation will ever do, and still allow for his creation to make its own choices. 

God see's ALL. That doesn't mean he will control our lives. Had he wanted robots, couldn't he have just made them instead?

Allow me to clarify. What I'm saying is that if god is all-powerful and all-knowing, free will cannot exist.
We still have free will to believe or not to. I chose God. That's free will.

God didn't make me. He left the chose up to me.

God see's ALL. That doesn't mean he will control our lives. Had he wanted robots, couldn't he have just made them instead?

He created you, everything about you, everything around. How can you choose anything for yourself if god created everything about you? Everything about you has to be traced back to god due to the fact that he is the creator of everything. Therefore, god must be directly responsible for everything you do. 

He created you, everything about you, everything around. How can you choose anything for yourself if god created everything about you? Everything about you has to be traced back to god due to the fact that he is the creator of everything. Therefore, god must be directly responsible for everything you do. 

I sin or not on my terms. I can go watch a adult flick right now. But I'm not. Why not? Because I'm choosing not to.

I sin or not on my terms. I can go watch a adult flick right now. But I'm not. Why not? Because I'm choosing not to.
Only because of how you were created. You were created to respond and react to situations in certain ways. God could foresee how you would respond to any given situation before you even existed and must have therefore created you such that you would react as he foresaw you would. 

Im just gonna throw this question out there to any believers.  Is there any reason to believe that your particular religious belief is the correct belief, other than the fact that it belongs to you?  Is there any objective method of discovering which religion got it right?

Originally Posted by Coolidge Effect

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

Philosraptor What is so special about Jesus dying for our sins if he resurrect whenever he wants?

fc48d24ae5c123b6c02afacd2d806d8ef8725724.gifa

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't think the people who wrote the bible anticipated people being smart enough to ask these questions

Philosraptor What is so special about Jesus dying for our sins if he resurrect whenever he wants?

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

A universe can't poof outta nowhere so a grand architect HAS to exist.
How dude drop this bomb page 1 but ain't been seen since?

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by vSlackin

Originally Posted by cartune

laugh.gif
Thank god for innovators
Glad everyone doesnt think like this 
pimp.gif

So it's innovative to have a story of a man who can do everything? I just think the stories are ridiculous. Your wizard that you speak of cannot be real. Your a victim of so many people in the world who've grown up brainwashed by their families to thinking that, if you put your faith in this man, that he will solve all your problems.

laugh.gif
 Why do yall get so defensive and jump to the you're a christian defense?

Brainwashed? Im not brainwashed by Religion or Science I think for myself. 

The whole Seeing is believing notion is dumb. And if everyone thought like this we would still be cavemen.

People cant see the future yet they plan for it. 
Are you serious? Just like yngSIMBA said. That is a terrible analogy. Obviously, you're going to plan for the future. What were you thinking??
And I'm just saying that, for someone that religious people say is EVERYWHERE, I haven't seen this figure at all.

I, myself, think for myself. I've grown up going to a Catholic school and I just realized that it's garbage without proof.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Coolidge Effect

fc48d24ae5c123b6c02afacd2d806d8ef8725724.gifa

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't think the people who wrote the bible anticipated people being smart enough to ask these questions

Maybe the question went over my head. But resurrect when he wants?

kinda OT but glee tonight came in with some christian jabs lmao

jeremy linbow though thanking jesus christ his lord and saviour for his shot though...........................

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

jeremy linbow though thanking jesus christ his lord and saviour for his shot though...........................

What did they say?

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

What did they say?
dont remember exact quotes but they were bouncing around a bit of the bible saying homosexuality is wrong cause the latina and dancer chick are lesbos

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

What did they say?
dont remember exact quotes but they were bouncing around a bit of the bible saying homosexuality is wrong cause the latina and dancer chick are lesbos
laugh.gif

oh, I dont care about them, 
I read your post wrong I thought they said something about Jeremy Lin.

These are my opinions.

As a child I was never forced to be religious. Nor did I understand the purpose of keeping Faith. Although both my parents are very faithful to their Religions (Mom is catholic, Dad is muslim).

As a teenager I started becoming much more of a "non-believer" ...more logical and science based.

In my early adult-hood, it was all science. Religion became a bit of a joke to me, once i was exposed to some of the ridiculous beliefs. But thats the very thing I now realize as I've gotten older. Its all about beliefs, no ones beliefs are "stupid" if thats what they believe in. Faith comes with discipline and being disciplined makes you a better person, we can all agree there.

Due to circumstances, hard-times, in my recent past.. I needed to rely on something. Something with more substance than science or religious scriptures, what I found was Faith. Not Faith in The Bible, or the Koran. But Faith in believing that there is one God, no matter what God is. Wether God is what religion describes God to be, or a al-mighty form of energy, or the Sun, or the Universe itself. All I know is that, When I desperately needed help, I asked God, and no matter if "God" or some devine being doesnt exsist. What DOES exsits is my Faith. Faith itself helped me to persevere, helped me to better myself and be successful. If you don't wanna believe in God, believe in yourself. Thats what Faith is all about. Religion is a code of conduct, just like the handouts they gave you in school. But Faith!.. Faith is the creator.

Back
Top Bottom