Melo line with Jordan comes to an end

They shouldn’t have ever done it to begin with. Like people have said, having a sub line within JB, it won’t sell. People are really only into the retros. They were better off just giving him PEs ala Kawhi and Jimmy Butler.

1.5 were the only decent shoes he dropped, most models were DOA when they hit the market.

CP3 should be next
His kicks are beyond trash.

1.5 GOAT Melo shoe

bzrzvkj0iuur1jorvzw4.jpg

1-131206100Tab.jpg

About time, CP3 is next.

To this day I've still NEVER seen any CP3's on foot in public, only on walls of outlets

What you say is true, but where the heck do those outlet back wall CP3s end up? Gardening use? RTV back to Nike and destroyed?

Last edited:
Thats the downside of being a Jordan Brand athlete, If you get a signature shoe it isnt going to sell well at all. The upside is getting Retro Shipments every couple of months and PE colorways

JB athlete signatures are just glorified Jumpan shoes. For crying out loud, you're a sub-brand of a sub-brand. :sick:

In any case they were all over the place early on with Melo's sneakers. He debuted the XVIII.5 and XIX and played in some really solid retro colourways in his first year.

Not even sure why they had him launch the .5 series if they had no plans of furthering it along.

I think having a sig shoe under Jordan is kind of a disadvantage to the individual athlete really. Its always gonna be overshadowed by the jumpman. Personally would like to see Russ have his own. But the brand would have to sacrifice the jumpman a little and put more emphasis on a Russ logo that makes that shoe stand alone from others. I don't think they really did/do that. Wade, CP, Melo all have their own logo, but their shoes for the most part are dominated with a jumpman. Needs to be the other way around.

The 1.5 and 5.5 were a hit in NYC when they originally came out. From down there, the designs got worse by year.

1.5 & 5.5 were the only sigs from him I remember. Where does that leave him now?

5.5s were a big deal and I had a couple pairs but those joints are trash. Happy I got rid of those. I was buggin.

Wish they dropped the black NYK 1.5s for men. I only grabbed the white NYK pair

1.5 & 5.5 were the only sigs from him I remember. Where does that leave him now?
That's what I was wondering also. Does he continue to wear JB shoes? Does he wear Nike? Does stopping his sig mean he is out? New brand? Kind of odd situation.

Back
Top Bottom