Melo suspended 1 game for stupid %+$%

DENVER -- The Denver Nuggets have suspended Carmelo Anthony for one game for an "in-game transgression" Sunday against Indiana.

"There is a code of conduct that we take very seriously, especially from a leader and co-captain," Rex Chapman, vice president of player personnel, said Monday. "Carmelo knows this and regrets what happened. He is a very competitive person and made a poor decision in the heat of the moment. We look forward to having him back on Thursday and will have no further comment at this time."

He did not elaborate on what Anthony did to earn the suspension.

The Denver Post, citing anonymous sources, said Anthony refused to come out of the game in the third quarter when coach George Karl tried to remove him.

Whatever got Anthony in trouble wasn't apparent to reporters sitting courtside at the game, and Nuggets spokesman Eric Sebastian said the team didn't want to disclose the nature of the infraction. He said, however, that it didn't involve Anthony's technical foul after he argued about a non-call on his layup with 5:18 left in the Nuggets' 100-94 loss to the Pacers.

Anthony won't play in the Nuggets' game Tuesday night at Detroit. He will return to the lineup for the Nuggets' game Thursday night against Portland in Denver. The Nuggets lead the Trail Blazers by 1½ games in the highly competitive Northwest Division.

Earlier Monday, the team had said that Anthony was returning to Denver to attend to a personal matter, leading to speculation his departure from Detroit had something to do with his balky knee that's been bothering him for some time.

This is Anthony's second suspension this season, both of them meted out by the team. He sat out the first two games of the season as punishment for his drunken driving arrest last spring while the Nuggets were pushing for a playoff berth.

He was suspended for 15 games in the 2006-07 season for his involvement in the Nuggets' brawl with the New York Knicks when he dropped guard Mardy Collins with a punch on Dec. 16, 2006. Ten players were ejected and seven suspended, with Anthony receiving the stiffest punishment from commissioner David Stern.

Anthony, who helped the Americans win the gold medal at the Beijing Olympics last summer, is averaging a team-high 21.6 points and 7.4 rebounds. But he's missed 15 games already this season: 10 with a broken bone in his right hand that cost him an All-Star bid, three because of a troublesome right elbow and two for the suspension to start the season.

Anthony is the second Denver sports star to get in trouble in the last few days. Broncos Pro Bowl receiver Brandon Marshall got into a fight with his fiance in Atlanta, subjecting himself to a lengthy suspension for repeated violations of the NFL's personal conduct code.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

grin.gif

Rex Chapman still involved in the NBA?

His game winner is the first distinct memory I have of watching the NBA.
pimp.gif

wait so what did he get suspended for?

melo's been flying under the radar this season, not much talk about him.

how is it stupid "%+%*" rules are rules... sorry. coach says get out, then you do so...

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

wait so what did he get suspended for?

melo's been flying under the radar this season, not much talk about him.

He refused to come out when he got subbed during 3rd quarter against Pacers

^^ One of the reason they hate him..

That's just unprofessional tho whether you like him as a player or not..

not realy a melo hater, in fact i love his game and feel like if he played with someone like wade/bron/kobe/cp3 or dwight, he would blossom even more then hehas in recent times....

but i will say that when a coach can get fired sooo damn easily, he must be in full command so he can do his best in helping his team win. if he says comeout.. you come out.

but melo needs to exit the nuggets ASAP... he needs a good respected coach and a great well established system/player by his side, ASAP.

Jordan Brand should dump this fool already. His shoes are garbage and pretty soon he'll become Vin Baker v.2.

efff the melo haters....if this was bron or kobe this wouldn't be a problem.....you suspend a guy for being too competitive?
indifferent.gif
at least he's showingthat he cares, ah minute ago ah lot of ya'll said he doesn't show any passion and now that this happens he's dumb?

on a side note..what the hell does george karl really know anyway i will forever blame him for the nuggets not being what they could be..i wouldnt listen tohis *** either

Originally Posted by tmoney85

not realy a melo hater, in fact i love his game and feel like if he played with someone like wade/bron/kobe/cp3 or dwight, he would blossom even more then he has in recent times....

but i will say that when a coach can get fired sooo damn easily, he must be in full command so he can do his best in helping his team win. if he says come out.. you come out.

but melo needs to exit the nuggets ASAP... he needs a good respected coach and a great well established system/player by his side, ASAP.
Wait...so the Nuggets are at fault? Isn't the team built around him?

Originally Posted by yungchamp

efff the melo haters....if this was bron or kobe this wouldn't be a problem.....you suspend a guy for being too competitive?
indifferent.gif
at least he's showing that he cares, ah minute ago ah lot of ya'll said he doesn't show any passion and now that this happens he's dumb?

on a side note..what the hell does george karl really know anyway i will forever blame him for the nuggets not being what they could be..i wouldnt listen to his *** either
The reason the Nuggets aiin't what they should be is because they never had any perimeter shooters and they play no defense whatsoever, notALL on Karl..

Not wanting to come out the game for a brief rest/substitutions is immature, that's not something you should be doing at this level of play.

There is a reason a lot of people dislike him, dude is immature to say the least.

Not to defend him...but ALOT of players refuse to come out of games. So don't kill Melo because this made the news.

joey porter did the same thing this year
he didnt get suspended tho
i kno its two different leagues but im jus sayin

Melo is the truth. He didn't want to come out the game, that's competitive. If he refused to get back in a game then that's different. I'm aLebron fan, I like the Kobes, Wades, CPs and I doubt that if any of them refused to leave a game it would be blown up and they would be suspended. George Karlis just the kind of coach that needs to have the control. Not saying he's wrong. Just saying Melo is a star, top 5 talent in the L and Isometimes thinks he gets treated like an everyday player. The Nuggets are winning, but I just think Melo gets alotta heat for stuff other starswouldn't be blasted for.

Back
Top Bottom