Melrose dying?

Yeah true, alot of the store are empty, and the spaces are up for sale.

I think its because boutiques sell the weirdest and useless things. The only shops that are alive are places that sell normal looking clothes and stuff.

balance is gone =(
now all thats left is a little tiny womens section in workmens .. boooo

Originally Posted by AdingBobo

balance is gone =(
now all thats left is a little tiny womens section in workmens .. boooo

Balance wasn't doing that great in business, reason why they had to shut it down. It wasn't worth renting out another store. The ladies should ofkept buying...
tongue.gif
My girlfriend was pretty mad too that they shut itdown. We were in Melrose around the time the store was shut down.

Other then that, I haven't noticed anything different. All the stores that are usually full of people are still up there, let alone the ones I visit.

It's always been like that on Melrose. Businesses come and go all of the time. Melrose has an unstable clientel, which tend to be the most trendiestshoppers in L.A. Haven't you noticed how many of the stores that sell womans clothing never really last too long. Stores like Urban Outfitter and SportieL.A. seem to be immune. Don't forget the rent is ridiculous and the spots are small. Doesn't help that the economy isn't in such great shapeeither.

melrose has been really really slow lately period.
doesn't have the flow it had in 01 to 05 or even maybe up to 06......

retail is dead, people are hurting all over and melrose rent is expensive as hell.

Originally Posted by DUNKINLO

Baracuda isn't there anymore
It was a cool store.
Thats the store that slipped my mind. It was nowhere near cheap but the whole baracuda logo and layout of the store was nice.

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

It was a cool store.
Thats the store that slipped my mind. It was nowhere near cheap but the whole baracuda logo and layout of the store was nice.
What are you guys talking about??

Baracuda just moved to a new bigger location., close to Sportie L.A, next to that bike shop in front of Fairfax High School.

I may be the only one who notice this because im there everyday.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Murder4Kickz

It was a cool store.
What are you guys talking about??

Baracuda just moved to a new bigger location., close to Sportie L.A, next to that bike shop in front of Fairfax High School.

I may be the only one who notice this because im there everyday.
laugh.gif

I guess. I rarely hit the side closest to fairfax. Sportie L.A.??? how do they stay in business?

i havnt been to melrose in months, but fairfax is definately taking over that area, usually i only stop by baracuda and BP, dont even look through the otherspots anymore

Why are stores closing down left and right on melrose?

I know, huh?

I went there last week looking for The Hip Hop Shop and Atomic Garage and saw that they were no longer there.

You go down a few more blocks on Melrose and you have Bape, Fred Segal, DC, Crooks n Castles, Adidas Originals, Kid Robot, etc.

Originally Posted by aLAthing

You go down a few more blocks on Melrose and you have Bape, Fred Segal, DC, Crooks n Castles, Adidas Originals, Kid Robot, etc.

I Was Just Gonna Say The Samething. West Of FairFax Is On The Rise.

Damn, I haven't been to Melrose since like 95. I thought it was dying down back then but its just the usual cycle of trends and stores closing.

Someone was looking for the Hip Hop Shop hahaha that @!!! went out of business in like 95. Did you just break out of a damn time warp or something. Melrosealways had stores that popped up and closed down. Flailing Economy and ofcourse the addition of the Fairfax area are definitite factors but nothing out of theordinary is happened. When Workmens shuts down then you know theres a problem. But then again they have problems paying there bills so I could see that placeshutting down soon as well... peace CROS1

Back
Top Bottom