Miami passes Los Angeles as the second most expensive housing market in the US

Are the houses in Miami worth it ?

• Yes

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 37 82.2%

• Total voters
Boston is so overrated, but it’s OK for a Tier 2 city if you have a family. The city also feels very, very white which isn’t ideal if you’re a POC but I guess I’m used to NYC. The community also feels very insular compared to other cities.

I’ve spent a lot of time in Boston over the last 5 years and it’s not for me, but to your point I can understand why it’s expensive.

Boston is as black as NYC statistically though. 24% Boston vs 23% in NY. You were probably just in the very white neighborhoods.

Last edited:
Relatively speaking, I thought Boston was diverse. Asian, Black, White, etc.

My issue with that survey is I’m just flabbergasted by the lack of DC, SoCal, etc. But given it’s size, it makes sense why Boston is high.

Boston is as black as NYC statistically though. 24% Boston vs 23% in NY. You were probably just in the very white neighborhoods.
This a context thing tho, 23% of 10 milly is alot more black folks than Boston :lol:

But I get your overall point, Boston always gon be known as a white town but it’s def a good amount of minorities there

This a context thing tho, 23% of 10 milly is alot more black folks than Boston :lol:

Well yeah, NYC has like 12x more people of course the totals ain't gonna be the same :lol:

Percentages, per capita, etc is what matters. Boston is also hella small. Like 1/4 of the size of NYC.

Yea it’s crazy out here in Boston
1 floor of a 3 family house are going for 650k where I grew up. This is across the street from my friends house growing up

I moved back in with my parents to save up and buy a house, at this point idk when I’ll be outta here :lol:

Last edited:
US turning into 3rd world country status. Crumbling infrastructure and the outside / streets being terrible and the inside of a house being nice just is not it. It’s becoming like those other countries where there are mansions or really nice interior sort of places with a security guard and a slum right next to it. Not great.

US turning into 3rd world country status. Crumbling infrastructure and the outside / streets being terrible and the inside of a house being nice just is not it. It’s becoming like those other countries where there are mansions or really nice interior sort of places with a security guard and a slum right next to it. Not great.

We’re basically South America/Brazil now. You’re either wealthy or poor. There’s no middle class anymore

I remember a cat tried to convince me to get something like this in SE DC back in the day, saying that's what he would do if he was a bachelor. "The inside gon be nice"

Man, if you had the $ for it you should have made that move.

"They" are moving to SE in droves man. :smh: Would have been a nice rental property for when you eventually relocated.

Is that a Home Depot special with the materials? That tile everywhere.

Still dope. And probably the best for doing flips (unless you buying mass properties and have the supply).

It is insane. Bro, I’m a start levying water. We literally being held above a burning barrel for essential things.

Well yeah, NYC has like 12x more people of course the totals ain't gonna be the same :lol:

Percentages, per capita, etc is what matters. Boston is also hella small. Like 1/4 of the size of NYC.
Also note that 1 in 16 New Yorkers live in some form of public housing.

Back
Top Bottom