Michael Jackson 1958-2009..................... Memorial Set for July 7th at Staples Center

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

are they actually charging admission to his memorial.

no. but parking will come from your own pockets. they are also coming out with a dvd for the memorial for purchase.

admission is 25$

dyyhard wrote:

C5A5D5A5 wrote:

no. but parking will come from your own pockets. they are also coming out with a dvd for the memorial for purchase.

admission is 25$

thanks for the correction. 25 each?? or is it split?? + parking and gas.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

dyyhard wrote:

C5A5D5A5 wrote:

admission is 25$

thanks for the correction. 25 each?? or is it split?? + parking and gas.
Are you guys basic they said the tickets are FREE

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Ryda421 use this link:

http://www.staplescenter.com/memorial.php

- dyyhard i got it
eae2403811bb85ad32664bfad36b7c89e3bddc.gif
thanks YBD
pimp.gif

ERASCISM:
If you're younger than 25 and get a ticket, please give it to an older head.
Dude, I'm just going to go ahead and throw this out there for you to chew on, but... you say some of the dumbest 'real talk' on here.I know when you say stuff like what you just said, you think people are going to co-sign left and right, like 'Yeah, this dude knows what's up. Giveyour tickets up, y'all. Good idea, ERASCISM.'

But... it never works out like that. It's always *crickets* or
laugh.gif
emoticons or pics like that Shaq pic.

Honestly, bro... under 25? Twenty-four years old would mean being born in 1985, meaning the kid was 2 years old when 'Bad' came out, meaning that ifthe kid did like Mike, then the kid definitely grew up on Mike.

C'mon, man. You should have picked a lower cut off or something, like... 12, maybe? I mean, 12 years old means you were born in '97, meaning... oddsare really low that you know anything about Michael Jackson.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

ERASCISM:
Dude, I'm just going to go ahead and throw this out there for you to chew on, but... you say some of the dumbest 'real talk' on here. I know when you say stuff like what you just said, you think people are going to co-sign left and right, like 'Yeah, this dude knows what's up. Give your tickets up, y'all. Good idea, ERASCISM.'

laugh.gif

Honestly, bro... under 25? Twenty-four years old would be born in 1980, meaning the kid was 7 years old when 'Bad' came out, meaning that if the kid did like Mike, then the kid definitely grew up on Mike.

C'mon, man. You should have picked a lower cut off or something, like... 12, maybe? I mean, 12 years old means you were born in '97, meaning... odds are really low that you know anything about Michael Jackson.
yeah if it was 2004.

i agree tho, if you get tickets, go no matter how old you are. i even put my name in the drawing and im in cleveland

Im 20... and I grew up listening to Michael Jackson... first introduced to him in 1993 from Free Willy. After that it was a wrap, learning dances and listeningto old records and tapes my parents had.

Just because I didnt grow up to him during the Thriller/Bad era doesnt mean I wasnt influenced or was into his music.

belle155:
23ska909red02:
ERASCISM:
Dude, I'm just going to go ahead and throw this out there for you to chew on, but... you say some of the dumbest 'real talk' on here. I know when you say stuff like what you just said, you think people are going to co-sign left and right, like 'Yeah, this dude knows what's up. Give your tickets up, y'all. Good idea, ERASCISM.'

laugh.gif

Honestly, bro... under 25? Twenty-four years old would be born in 1980, meaning the kid was 7 years old when 'Bad' came out, meaning that if the kid did like Mike, then the kid definitely grew up on Mike.

C'mon, man. You should have picked a lower cut off or something, like... 12, maybe? I mean, 12 years old means you were born in '97, meaning... odds are really low that you know anything about Michael Jackson.
yeah if it was 2004.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
See, what had happened was...
belle155:
i agree tho, if you get tickets, go no matter how old you are. i even put my name in the drawing and im in cleveland
Exactly.

I am sure some on here already read this, but I thought I would post it for those who missed it. Sorry if already posted!

[h1]The Game talks about Michael Jackson tribute[/h1]
  • Story Highlights
  • The Game records "Better on the Other Side" as tribute to Michael Jackson
  • Rapper greatly admired star; Jackson tried to mediate between Game and 50 Cent
  • Game: "He's iconic to me, and his untimely demise is felt around the world"
By Denise Quan
CNN

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Many fans will always remember where they were when they heard the "King of Pop" had died. Therapper The Game will always remember what he did afterward.

That same day, Thursday, June 25, he rounded up some famous friends, recorded a song, shot a music video and got a Michael Jackson tattoo etched on hisupper arm. Actually, he got the tattoo while he was in the studio recording the track. Some people know how to multitask.

The tune, "Better on the Other Side," isn't available for sale yet -- although he's hoping it will hit iTunes very soon. Because therecord company was caught off guard, it is still playing catch-up. Game says all proceeds from the sale of the single will be donated to Michael Jackson'sfamily.

The companion music video is all over YouTube. In it, the 29-year-old shares the spotlight with Chris Brown, who sings the hook as a counterpoint toGame's rap. It's the first project Brown has appeared in since he pleaded guilty to assaulting his former girlfriend, Rihanna.

The video, in various forms, had received more than 750,000 views as of Thursday evening -- not bad for less than a week in release.

In the following interview, The Game (born Jayceon Taylor) recounts how the project came together -- with a little help from Lady Luck and the muse ofMichael Jackson.

CNN: You may be the first well-known artist to have a Michael Jackson tribute out there.

The Game: I didn't want to wake up the next morning and have somebody spread a tribute all over the Internet, and I wasn't a partof it. So I decided to take matters into my own hands.

CNN: Did you already have the beats pre-recorded?

The Game: No. The first thing I did was call DJ Khalil ... and I told him, "Yo, I need you in the studio, and by the time I get there,I need a Michael Jackson tribute song made [the music bed]. I need violinists, I need pianists, I need everyone in there for a production."

And then I started reaching out to Diddy. He's on a set 18 hours a day, but he said he'd get it done some way, somehow. Talked to Chris Brown. Heand [his manager] Tina Davis said they were on their way to the studio -- so they told me after I do my part, to bring it over and Chris will do the hook.Before I took the beat over to Chris, Boyz II Men walked into the studio randomly -- so they took it to their studio next door, laid down all the backgroundvocals.

Then I took it to Mario [Winans], then I took it to Diddy. In the meantime, me and my boy Taydoe -- we running around to the hospital, to the Jacksons'house, to the star on Hollywood, getting all this [secondary] footage [for the video]. Crazy.

CNN: This was the day he died, on Thursday?

The Game: It was just the day. By Friday, everything was done -- video, everything. We did it in 15 hours.
video.gif
Watcha report about Jackson's final days »

CNN: You made the music video for $500.

The Game: All in tapes, $500 went to tapes, HD high-definition tapes.

CNN: At the end of the video, you reveal a new tattoo.

The Game: Yeah, I'll show you. I thought if I was going to get a Michael Jackson tattoo, I would get a more menacing one. (The tattooshows the "King of Pop" with a bandanna over the lower half of his face.)

CNN: Had you ever met Michael?

The Game: I never met him in person, but he tried to mediate a truce between myself and Curtis Jackson[aka 50 Cent], and I wasn't having it at that time.

CNN: How did that happen? Did somebody call you and say, "Please hold the line for MichaelJackson?"

The Game: At first my managers called me and they said, "Mike -- Michael Jackson -- is going to wantto talk to you in an hour. Exactly an hour." So I waited an hour, and I'm like chewing on my fingers in the hotel room ... and the phone rings and aguy comes on and he's got an English accent. He's like (affects an English accent), "Hello Game, I have Michael Jackson on hold for you." Itwas just cool.

So Michael comes on, and ... he was like, "Yo, it's Mike, and I'm a big fan of yourmusic," and starts going into my songs, "Hate it or Love It" and "How We Do." And he's like, "I'm a big fan of 50's-- every time I get in the car, I tell my driver to play 'In Da Club.' Would you guys be willing to make a truce, and then put it on my album?"
interactive.gif
Listento Jackson's biggest hits »

And then I was like, "Yo Mike, we gotta slow down, man!" This was at the height of me and50's little beef, or whatever people called it, but I talked to him for another 35 minutes on why I couldn't do it at that time, and at that point inmy career, and he was OK with that. He said one day if we decided to do it -- myself and Curtis' camp -- we could reach out to him. We never got a chanceto do it.

CNN: So the video also features Chris Brown. It's the first track we've heard him on since the hearing last Monday [June 22].

The Game: They were really edgy about getting on it. I think [his managers] wanted Chris Brown's first look to be kind of strategicallythought out, and I came so fast with the Michael Jackson tribute -- but we talked it over, and at the end of the day, they thought it was a good idea, so wewent ahead and did it.

CNN: How is Chris? I'm sure you guys talk all the time.

The Game: He's like a little brother to me. I talk to him all the time, and I give him my support. You know, I'm no stranger totrials and tribulations in life, and the court system.

CNN: What are your thoughts about how Michael Jackson died, and how it seems as though prescription drugs may have been involved?

The Game: My thoughts on Michael Jackson are always the same. It doesn't matter, the form or fashion he died in. He's iconic to me,and his untimely demise is felt around the world. You got certain people saying, "Oh everybody's loving Michael now," but that's neither herenor there.

Me, myself -- I loved Michael Jackson to death. My mom sent me a host of pictures with all my "Thriller" shirts on, and the jacket with thezippers and glove -- me, my sisters and brothers -- so I really don't care. I just know he left an impact on the world. I think he's the most cried-forhuman being since Jesus Christ. It's just my opinion.

CNN: Are you thinking about donating part of the proceeds from the single?

The Game: Oh, all the proceeds of anything that I do that has anything to do with Michael Jackson will go to hisfamily and his children. And that's just the bottom line.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

ERASCISM:

laugh.gif

Honestly, bro... under 25? Twenty-four years old would mean being born in 1985, meaning the kid was 2 years old when 'Bad' came out, meaning that if the kid did like Mike, then the kid definitely grew up on Mike.

I dont think there should be any cut off date, if your a fan your a fan age means nothing

now if your buying these tickets to flip them, then shame on you

Game says all proceeds from the sale of the single will be donated to Michael Jackson's family.
Like do they really need anymore money.....

Joseph Jackson been living good since like 66.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Originally Posted by CL552k1

I wondering how many people are getting MJ inspired tattoos....
I already got mine ...
nerd.gif
embarassed.gif
Pics?
I'll post when it heals .

It's on my foot ... still hella scabbed up .
frown.gif
sick.gif
I take it you've never had a tattoo before .

Back
Top Bottom