Midnight Release No Longer at Midnight......

The only thing that sucks about this is if you strike out online, you are pretty much screwed because the stores will be either already jam packed with people or open already with a great chance of the shoes being sold out. It is making people choose.. Either go to the store to cop or online. I'm sure some wise guys will try and cop while in line with an iPad or phone. Good luck with that though. I've never been able to cop over my phone lol

Considering I have to work 7 days a week every morning at 6:00 am this is horrible for me. Nike is making it easier for the resellers without thinking about it 1st. Most people order online because of convenience but some have to because I don't know how anyone can buy as many shoes as we do without jobs unless your a d boy or your parents still buy you shoes. This decision doesn't helP anyone but the jobless.

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

The only thing that sucks about this is if you strike out online, you are pretty much screwed because the stores will be either already jam packed with people or open already with a great chance of the shoes being sold out. It is making people choose.. Either go to the store to cop or online. I'm sure some wise guys will try and cop while in line with an iPad or phone. Good luck with that though. I've never been able to cop over my phone lol

exactly i always go the online at midnight route and if things look fishy like my order didn't go thru right i still have a chance to go in the morning to the mall so now i guess it's either copp online or in store but the problem with that is.. where im living right now these sneaker stores only get limited pairs for every drop like for the playoff 12's each store only had 12 pair and there is only 4 sneaker stores in the whole mall and this mall has no organization what so ever as soon as the doors are unlocked at 9 it's chaos everybody running and pushing  to get to the store there going to and once u make it to the store there is no type of line system what so ever it's just everybody all crowded up against the gate screaming sizes so it's really up to the workers in the store that determines who there gonna hand out tickets to.. so i don't know how i feel about this either way we have to deal with it
eyes.gif

RSVP ISN'T FOR ALL KICKS...THE ELITES WILL NOT BE RSVP ITS 1ST COME 1ST SERVE.

ALSO THIS 8AM RELEASE IS ONLY FRO NDC I BELIEVE SO I CAN ONLY ASSUME OTHER RETAILERS WILL FOLLOW SUIT...

THIS IS A BAD BLOW FOR ME CUZ IM NORMALLY HEADING OUT TO WORK BY 8A AND IM NOT GONNA HAVE TIME TO BUY ONLINE....AND FORGET MOBILE SITES...UGGGGH

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

The only thing that sucks about this is if you strike out online, you are pretty much screwed because the stores will be either already jam packed with people or open already with a great chance of the shoes being sold out. It is making people choose.. Either go to the store to cop or online. 
this. curious to see how this would work if all retailers did this
and wats to be done about stores still doing midnight releases?

thought nike shut that shh down  

I'm interested to see if this makes copping online easier.. What Nike should have done is upgrade their servers to handle releases properly. How in the hell does a BILLION dollar corp. not have this capability is beyond me... They should give out accurate information about releases instead of playing the "we don't have info about such and such release" routine. Stores should know by now how to handle releases too. One of the most successful releases I ever went to was the DMP, they only had 12 packs, but the first person in line started a list. We kept the list and gave it to the manager before the store opened. Just start a list for those in line.. Is that so hard? I guess twitter RSVP is sort of the idea but damn... Collecting isn't even fun anymore. The thrill of copping is replaced by anxiety and panic..

Its kinda cool that they are at least trying to find a solution. I think they should make online releases after the in store. That way if u strike out in store, u still have a chance. Make it at like 1pm all the sites links go live.

Originally Posted by dnob 04

Originally Posted by APx2323

What do you fellas feel about NDC new twitter RSVP system. Due to the sites crashes of all the hypebeasts and resellers. Now us collectors will have to wait till 8 am eastern time or 5 am pacific time in order to attempt to buy a pair online..
My personal thoughts are the subject is stupid beyond any words that I can think of. I feel that this new system will lower our  chances of actually getting the shoes. If we try to get them online, we'll miss the store release since were at home hoping to get a pair. All these resellers have really changed the game. I remember when the Spacejams came out back in 09  I was able to buy 2 pairs online for NDC without any problems. Then the next morning I went to my local footlocker got another pair like nothing no lines it was great. Now ever since this Concord release everything has been crazy to nearly impossible to cop.  Now how do you feel about this system, think its gonna work or fail. I want to know your opinions on this

Where do live? that's crazy that you were able to just stroll in the store and pick up space jams like that.

In the north bay of California I just went to the Santa Rosa plaza mall

what i read was that the release would be at a random time so that the website wouldn't crash.  it could be 4am it could be 2:30pm.  this kind of sucks because now you pretty much have to dedicate that entire day to watching nikestore twitter.  i will just have to stick with eastbay as the phones never crash on me.

I been buying/collecting shoes for 13 years and buying shoes has never been as tough it has been the last year or 2. Its not just resellers. Everyday, more and more people are starting to collect and buy shoes, in addition to whoever is still buying so that increases the demand when supply is probably remaining the same. At this point, I'll cop if i can, but if not, im not even going to sweat it anymore. Theres more important things in life than just shoes.

Originally Posted by UHaveNoSole

Off topic 160jordansdeep is that you posted with HOV in your avy?

I HAVE NO CLUE WHO 160jordansdeep IS IN PERSON BUT THATS NOT HIM WITH HOV...THATS MY BOY WAYNE AKA PAIN IN THE ***

I KNOW THIS CUZ WE GREW UP ON THE SAME BLOCK

Originally Posted by bigsupa

Originally Posted by UHaveNoSole

Off topic 160jordansdeep is that you posted with HOV in your avy?

I HAVE NO CLUE WHO 160jordansdeep IS IN PERSON BUT THATS NOT HIM WITH HOV...THATS MY BOY WAYNE AKA PAIN IN THE ***

I KNOW THIS CUZ WE GREW UP ON THE SAME BLOCK
"OK, I'm reloaded"

This 8 am release time is great for me though!

Definitely going to make it harder for the people that try online first and use brick and mortar stores as a safety net.

These means you need to have a game plan ready for each release... You have to either camp, RSVP, or try cop online (RSVP and cop online if you can). If you miss out on the one in your sights you may strike out completely. This will definitely be interesting to see if this plays out well or it backfires on Nike's end. I get the RSVP and 8 am in store thing but taking away the midnight release online does nothing but make it harder to get the shoes IMO.

Originally Posted by bigsupa

RSVP ISN'T FOR ALL KICKS...THE ELITES WILL NOT BE RSVP ITS 1ST COME 1ST SERVE.

ALSO THIS 8AM RELEASE IS ONLY FRO NDC I BELIEVE SO I CAN ONLY ASSUME OTHER RETAILERS WILL FOLLOW SUIT...

THIS IS A BAD BLOW FOR ME CUZ IM NORMALLY HEADING OUT TO WORK BY 8A AND IM NOT GONNA HAVE TIME TO BUY ONLINE....AND FORGET MOBILE SITES...UGGGGH
I think whether a store uses Twitter RSVP is at that location's discretion. I know NTLA isn't doing RSVP for the Elites, but NTSF did, and I have a pair reserved.

i really don't think this is going to change much, its still going to be really hard to get your shoes

I'm not feeling this. Making it easier for resellers & harder for true collectors/sneakerheads. This may bring even more chaos for major releases

wouldn't the simple solution be just to produce more pairs? It amazes that such a successful company with some of the most highly coveted product has no clue how to effectively sell it to it's customers. I think nike just loves to play with people's emotions. They made so much money, they just wanna do stupid stuff on purpose just to get a laugh (behind closed doors) at all the people running around with their heads cut off trying to cop a pair, seems like. I just don't get it.

Originally Posted by loshirtsandretros

I'm not feeling this. Making it easier for resellers & harder for true collectors/sneakerheads. This may bring even more chaos for major releases
basically
I think this will backfire.

at least before Nike let everyone "hope" to get a pair, now it's slapping everyone in the face, either pay a reseller or don't cop 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I think this will backfire.

at least before Nike let everyone "hope" to get a pair, now it's slapping everyone in the face, either pay a reseller or don't cop 
laugh.gif
Pretty much sums it all up right there

Back
Top Bottom