Midnight Release No Longer at Midnight......

This is a great thing... think of it this way... besides the niketown twitter thing there is no way that you are guaranteed a pair at a retail store,,,, so its either you go to a venue in the morning or you stay home that same time and try to get it....

Normally people would try online, and fail to get it and try there luck in the morning , now some people have to choose

so whats going to happen with the kanyes, lolol

Someone on another forum suggested a Pre-Production Pre-Order System. I think that would be the best way. Keep the preorder open for a week or two before the shoes go into production. Then close it and produce enough to fill the preorders and a few more for the retail stores. They could offer the same system to other retailers as well. It doesn't have to be for every release just the high profile ones. The only people who would be upset would be the resellers and corrupt store owners, but I could give two sh!ts about them.

i think this is a good thing since resellers do the online midnight release and then hit up the stores. this can only help

This is a LOSE/LOSE situation for NIKE b/c no matter wat they do people will complain. They're doin wat they can to cut dwn on the chaos but lets face it the demand for certain Nikes & Jordans r at an ALL TIME high..... The pre ordering/ production system mentioned above sounds good but thousands of shoes end up missing during the process that it will be very hard to have 100% customer fulfillment rate ( I can see it now, NT"ers goin off b/c they didn't get their shoes even though they dropped the cash ). The demand is driving the price hikes, resellers, instant sellouts, server crashes & missing allocations. The times has changed people

A much better rule would be to stop advertising these %@++##! shoes on facebook as well as your website for a WHOLE %@++##! MONTH before release. For most models, you don't have to advertise at all

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

A much better rule would be to stop advertising these %@++##! shoes on facebook as well as your website for a WHOLE %@++##! MONTH before release. For most models, you don't have to advertise at all
Too late for that

this soooooo dumb i have to wait until 8AM! @!*! thats crazy. so if i strikeout online, i have no chance to go to the mall and pickup a pair.

my routine is: 12:00am try and get a pair if i dont i leave my house at 7:00am to get to the mall by 7:30 the mall opens at 8am...
and these stores the employees buy half the stocks so theres only about 1 full size run per release in the 3 different stores in the mall.

so if there is no 12 am release i just have to try my luck at the mall ? what kind of bull is this?

Originally Posted by APx2323

What do you fellas feel about NDC new twitter RSVP system. Due to the sites crashes of all the hypebeasts and resellers. Now us collectors will have to wait till 8 am eastern time or 5 am pacific time in order to attempt to buy a pair online..
My personal thoughts are the subject is stupid beyond any words that I can think of. I feel that this new system will lower our  chances of actually getting the shoes. If we try to get them online, we'll miss the store release since were at home hoping to get a pair. All these resellers have really changed the game. I remember when the Spacejams came out back in 09  I was able to buy 2 pairs online for NDC without any problems. Then the next morning I went to my local footlocker got another pair like nothing no lines it was great. Now ever since this Concord release everything has been crazy to nearly impossible to cop.  Now how do you feel about this system, think its gonna work or fail. I want to know your opinions on this

this is the PROBLEM right here. GREEDY %$* DUDES.

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

I been buying/collecting shoes for 13 years and buying shoes has never been as tough it has been the last year or 2. Its not just resellers. Everyday, more and more people are starting to collect and buy shoes, in addition to whoever is still buying so that increases the demand when supply is probably remaining the same. At this point, I'll cop if i can, but if not, im not even going to sweat it anymore. Theres more important things in life than just shoes.
EXACTLY....Peopel do not release it is NOT only ONE generation of people buying shoes anymore....In the late 80s and 90s you had the generation of peopel buying sneakers when they were FIRST produced....with Retros (esp. OG colorway), you get the OG generation + new generation who are buying either 1. nostalgia 2. they were young whe OGs dropped....then with re-retros you're dealing with more and more people.
As the years goes on, sneakers will be more hyped? why? the next generation.... factor in the Internet and social media, we have a MAJOR PROBLEM to deal with.....either ADAPT or call it QUITS

for me, im thinking of the latter....just not worth my time and energy to go through hoops for a GR release that already costs $160+ nearly every 2 weeks

I agree with what both of the guys are saying. I will still do the best I can to get the shoes I want but, if I don't get them, what's the worst that can happen? I save $170+? I think I'll find some way to get over that.

just think about this if theres no online midnight release there will be more people camping outside these stores. because people wont chance not getting a pair with the horrible online servers.
riots will ensue.
indifferent.gif

I think ppl are gonna start falling out of the game, really... Only stuff i buy via ebay, etc is old stuff that I want. So if i miss a new release, oh well... But I work at 4am central 5 days a week, EVERY SATURDAY so i've always copped online. i'm not finna be doing crazy stuff to get shoes, so i'll probably be doing more saving

I think Nike's new RSVP system is effective and convenient for people who know how to use twitter. At the same time, some people are taking advantage of this particular system by creating multiple accounts on twitter and buying more than one pair to resell. As far as having U.S sneaker websites open shop at 8am, I'm cool with that. My local footlocker opens at 7am if i miss it, then ill try on line.

This is foul. I had a nice system going. Been able to get the last few releases with no problem. Now I gotta get up before 5:00 AM? They're killing me.

Back
Top Bottom