Miguel is Hulk Hogan , lmaooooo

Just curious, now I'm a Marvin Gaye fan myself. My dad put me on this his songs when I was young and his songs are TIMELESS classics.

What exactly has Miguel done to deserve this comparison? I can think of 2, maybe 3 good Miguel songs and one of them wouldn't have been as that good if it weren't for a J. Cole feature.
You didn't see the gif I left did you?

what the **** was he thinking/ he's a piece of **** for that. i hope he never releases another album.

woah, baby girl will be okay, but Miguel is the Marvin Gaye of this generation.

^^ I guess ignorance is bliss at least you kept it a hunnait, your favorite rapper used alot of Marvin Gaye samples
Miguel=Marvin Gaye of this generation

Just curious, now I'm a Marvin Gaye fan myself. My dad put me on this his songs when I was young and his songs are TIMELESS classics.

What exactly has Miguel done to deserve this comparison? I can think of 2, maybe 3 good Miguel songs and one of them wouldn't have been as that good if it weren't for a J. Cole feature.

Adorn is classic

If you're actually interested, go listen to Kaleidoscope Dream.

Miguel is a great artist and has two really strong albums but comparing this man to Marvin Gaye is pure f*ckery. Marvin Gaye made songs about love and social struggles of black people.
When the hell did Miguel make a song like "What's going"
The blasphemy on timeless pioneers on nt

im not agreeing on miguel=this gen's marvin

but talking about classic's i think of songs that can be played anytime, any place , almost any setting & be a good song

miguel has a couple of those

I understand what you are saying about " classic" but that word is used to loosely nowadays..,
Give him 5-10 years and see if you get those same feelings about some of his songs
He is a great artist and brings fresh music to the table I totally agree because the landscape of r&b is just as horrible as rap now
But dude is far from classic

You didn't see the gif I left did you?

Welp. that one went over my head. :lol:
my apologies.

Adorn is classic

That's one. :lol:

If you're actually interested, go listen to Kaleidoscope Dream.

I have it. Good CD. Some nice songs there.

Marvin Gaye-esque? No.

Miguel is a great artist and has two really strong albums but comparing this man to Marvin Gaye is pure f*ckery. Marvin Gaye made songs about love and social struggles of black people.

Finally we can agree. :lol:

but talking about classic's i think of songs that can be played anytime, any place , almost any setting & be a good song

If that's the basis, then I'll agree to an extent. Adorn will get spins for a long time. It's been a while since someone has made a song like that.

I mean, if we're comparing... let's make it a little more realistic. I don't think Miguel is even on Usher's level.

I'm not saying he is on the level of Marvin or anything, but he is much more than a brother that talks about bagging chicks at the club. 

Last edited:
Adorn is classic

That's one. :lol:

If that's the basis, then I'll agree to an extent. Adorn will get spins for a long time. It's been a while since someone has made a song like that.

I mean, if we're comparing... let's make it a little more realistic. I don't think Miguel is even on Usher's level.

usher isnt even on ushers level anymore....

Last edited:
usher >>>> miguel...

yall trippin... callin' this dude marvin gaye...:lol:

Usher hasn't been relevant or the same since Confessions, about a decade ago.

He doesn't have to be relevant. You stated that Miguel was this generation's Gaye. He's not even this generation's Usher.

Miguel is BARELY starting to get his shine and he's already compared to one of the greatest? he may not even be around in 2014.

Last edited:
The only Miguel song I can recall actually vibing to, would be "All I want is you". And, that's because it was featuring J. Cole.

I honestly thought he hasn't made a song since.

It wouldve popped with or without the cole verse

Last edited:
Today? Miguel > Usher... and its not even close

Usher has dropped nothing but trash since Confessions... especially all of that fist pumping music he has been releasing.  

While Miguel is still early in his career, he has put out nothing but great music. He has his own sound... real r&b... unlike a fallen off Usher. 

Back
Top Bottom