Milwaukee Update Post

^ yo b, noticed you picked up the Wade 2010s. Just curious if they are anywhere local? Thanks. Nice pickup. I need that cw.

Originally Posted by sho3tym

^you're in town now?

Soblemans > any burger you've ever had.

I can't really explain it either, but I love that place.
Try Fred's Parkview Bar in Burlington. I've had sobelmans a couple of times and still don't get what's with all the hype. Same goes with AJ bombers, also  5guys&fries.

I like Sobelmans, I haven't tried AJ Bombers but I have heard good things.
sobelmanstallgrass052109_fullsize_story1.jpg

For me it's Sobelman's beef and the melted cheese.  I like their bun.

I like 5guys but to me that has more of a chain feel and not really in the same ballpark as Sobelmans.

Hey wassup I never posted in here before but im from Milwaukee but live in Maryland I only come back to the Mil in the summer usually but im coming back for Christmas... I have not got a pair of Jordans early in the morning out there since 2000 infrareds at the grand lol Im trying to cop cool greys and need help i just have a few questions hopefully somebody can help me.

Is mayfair getting them if so how is the mall on releases like this??

Or what mall or store is getting them and how is the crowd usually??

Originally Posted by kidcudahy

I just ate their Friday because I saw that picture ^. It was good!

^nice.  Did you do the Sobelman?  I was there sat, went with the double, thing put me to sleep.

shoeheadjeezy
Is mayfair getting them if so how is the mall on releases like this??
Yes, I would assume-Champs, Finishiline, Footaction, Footlocker would all get them.  I dont think you can line up inside.  I dont think there is any real structure out there.
Or what mall or store is getting them and how is the crowd usually??
See previous.  There should be alot of ppl out for these.

Originally Posted by sho3tym

I like Sobelmans, I haven't tried AJ Bombers but I have heard good things.

For me it's Sobelman's beef and the melted cheese.  I like their bun.

I like 5guys but to me that has more of a chain feel and not really in the same ballpark as Sobelmans.
Well 5guys is also pricey. On top of that they press the burgers way to much. Causing them to char up, taking away from the flavor of the burger. The only good thing 5guys has going for it is the cajun fries. 

Cool greys don't seem to limited. Brookfield, mayfair, southridge all getting them. But people show up for xi's more than other releases. Good luck.

Haha, Im ready for a summit at Soblemans especially after finals this week. Ive been meaning to try out AJ bombers as well. 

Bomber's is closer to the UWM campus I believe, so Ill be checking it out this weekend for sure.

Sounds like a burger/shoe summit is definitely a must sometime after the Holidays?  Isn't there a newer joint called Stackd as well down in the third ward area?  While on the topic of burgers, we must add Milwaukee legends Sollys, Kopps, and Elsa's on Park.  In terms of meat quality, bun, and the way in which its cooked, I would say Elsa's is pretty darn awesome.  I too enjoy Sobleman's, and have yet to try AJ's.  As far as relatively quick and easy, Five guys is decent.  I agree that sometimes the beef is too well done. The fries and the "overfill" with your order is nice touch there.

Back to shoes, I would like CG 11s but would prefer not to deal with all the "hypebeasts" and hassle associated with it so I may save up for Kobe 6 Grinches and Durant "lemonheads".  I would say after CG11s, my Jordan days are more than likely pretty well done.  Now that I have said that, there will be some crazy release news in the next month to make me completely retract my statements.

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to all the Milwaukee NTers out there.

Rich

Kopps is worth the trip for the custard alone.

I know mayfair finishline "USED" to do prepays, with the gift card and all that bs...worth a shot though. You didnt hear that from me.

Agreed after the holidays though, let's pick a sat and get it done.

Im game for that. Ill be spending some time in Milwaukee when break starts. Whenever things start to settle down after Christmas I'm pretty much open any Sat. 

Ok gents.  Lets try and hook up @ Sobleman's either sometime between christmas and New Year's, or after the New Year, between the 1st-10th.  Day after xmas may be tough. Ditto New year's.  Maybe shoot for Saturday the 8th?  As for FNL mayfair, I think those "days" may be over, but anything worth a shot.  I have a feeling that there will be more of these "around" than people might think, and that there are some "diamonds in the rough" if we look/try hard enough. 

My two cents is, if you got a hookup- you got a hookup, great- more power to you.  The thing that pisses me off is when dudes show up, act all tough and in "charge, and play their hookup card right on front of everyone else who may not, or who are just trying to grab their 1 pair.  This happens all too often and usually @ certain places in Mayfair.  Not so much other malls to my knowledge.  Infared Pack comes to mind most recently but I have seen it for Grape 5s, Ice blue 10s, even some random 3 releases. Employees/Managers can control this to some degree and some just either don't care or don't think forward enough to have a "plan" come release date.  Maybe some of them read threads here(though I doubt it), but certainly a lot of the dedicated shoe people in the city do, so hopefully everyone can just be smart/sensible, have their own "plan" and end up getting what they need. End of rant.  Sorry to vent.  Just hoping people will be reasonable and cool with this "cool grey" release.

^agreed on meeting time.

As for hookups, I keep my card in my pocket. I help those that I can, but mom and pops are tough on stuff like this because this is where they make their money.

I try to avoid mayfair if possible.

Anybody going to Chi for Xmas releases?

^I was actually thinking about driving down to Chi just for some Christmas shopping during the break.
And that date sounds good to me as well.

whats up guys. need to know if you guys think this is a fair trade? some south beach lebrons worn once for an hour for some ds 09 sjams. thanks

yea i have the lebrons now and would trade for the jams. still have another pair of the sb's so i dont feel to bad about letting a pair go.

I tried AJ Bombers this weekend and I thought their patty was better than Sobelmans. The meat tasted fresh, but I do like Sobelman's bun better.

Sounds like there will be a mini-sneaker forum/burger meet up sometime after the holidays then?  Who all is in and lets figure out a date, time, and place by 12/31/10.  In the meantime, how many of you all will be out tomorrow AM for the CG11s?

Back
Top Bottom